HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

My LG 55EG910T up lorry!!! Only 3 years of minimum usage!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #91

I swear by Sony tv... all my past tv has been Sony. From CRT to lcd to led. CRT last me more then 10 yrs, full hd lcd now still going strong after 7 yrs plus, 65" 4k led still ok after 5 hrs.

Maybe I am just lucky with electronics.. lol
xJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #92

First of all, your TV is a the lowest end OLED TV out of all. A 1080p OLED TV to add to that.

But if you say the TV went dark, it should not all fail at once though. It should be some of the OLED pixels be darker than the other or the colour looks different due to it being organic. But darkening sounds like a case of a power issue where the panel is not receiving enough power and thus, cannot display the images bright enough.

You can get a second opinion with the LG Technician but not get it serviced but to confirm what went wrong. But it looks to me like a power supply issue. Or motherboards. The 2 most problematic electronics that can fail in many products including your washing machine where the motherboard inside may fail.

Either way, avoid buying low end junk. And then blaming like as if the normal to high end ones will die too.

It is like someone buying a very badly binned chipset for a CPU that will go into the lowest of the low end CPU of that generation Intel i3 or even worst, the chips are so bad, they had to be inside a CPU called the Pentium line. You will know those are the worst chips to ever come out of the factory. Thus they had to create an even lower end line than the i3.

So similarly here, these panels of a no longer created 1080p OLED TVs should tell you just about how bottom of the barrel these OLED panels really are.

If you want assurance, get a TV by Sony, Panasonic or whichever gives the longest warranty with their assurance. Even a second hand High end model of a TV will be a safer bet as most of the components inside are much more durable.
These are some ways to get better models that you know you can have assurance with.

On a side note, I would not care to follow the 2019 TV Shootout. That is organized in the US. And there is literally like 3 TV brands only.

LG, Samsung and the other 2 are Sony TVs. No Panasonic or any other brands. So forget it.

Sony's TV seems to be the most accurate to the reference TV used by Hollywood movie creators but the problem is, Sony's A9G OLED TV costs $7999 in Singapore! And that is for the 55" model! ALL the other 55" OLED TVs are way lower than the ridiculous price of Sony's TVs. Panasonic's is literally 1/4 of that price. LG's is around 1/3.

Samsung... The reason why I stayed away from Samsung is because they just added 1 layer on top of the 7-8 layers a traditional LCD panel has and charges it WAY above an OLED TV pricing. Pui! Your 1 special panel is not worth that much. Quantum Dot display. But... Samsung calibrates them to be so dark in the dark that stars go missing and make the bright scenes go too bright that the colour pops out too much.
Sony's LCD 4K TV used in the Shootout follows the reference TV quite well as well. Even though it does not have that Quantum Dot layering in its TVs. And that is what matters.

In Europe though, for the past few years, Panasonic TVs are the ones that beat Sony's TVs and they are 1/4 off the Sony TVs. So if it were me, I'd consider the Panasonic TVs as well. But of cos, take into consideration if it has all the features you need as well.
But take note, Panasonic can price their TVs slightly lower because they used to use the previous year's LG OLED panels.
That means Panasonic's 2018 TVs uses LG's 2017 panels that were used in the C7 for example and not LG's newest 2018 panels found on their C8.
But honestly, the 2017 and 2018 panels were not that much different. So it's all fine.

In your case, again, assurances are your top priority. Follow by features. And you don't have to worry about low end OLED TVs. As they are no longer making one such as the 1080p TVs any longer. So that should help put your worry of any OLED issues to rest.

I am the opposite of your case and my TV is used heavily. To the point that my TV is usually a few hundred hours away from the RTINGS OLED test. Mine follows their C7 TV though. But they have TV up to 5 years old. All their TVs did not face any degradation in brightness like yours did though.
But for that assurance, maybe you can by OLED TVs of the same series and model. Meaning if they used a C6, then you know the C series of TVs can last. So buy the C9 TVs from LG that kind of thing.
very good information up here.. currently eyeing Sony X8000G but u mention Panasonic OLED is cheaper compared to Sony. Panasonic tv good? Can last? i nv use panasonic tv before.

main usage most probably be downloading app on tv and watch movie/drama

whats ur take?
Cottonwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 07:44 AM   #93
High Supremacy Member

Today when turn on my oled tv got clicking sound

How
5star_pundit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #94
High Supremacy Member

I faced the same issue with my Samsung TV.

3 years warranty over. Screen flickering and dead row of pixel
fakeyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #95
Supremacy Member

Today when turn on my oled tv got clicking sound

How
Not under warranty just replace. Is the capacitor. This is premature failure. After this will pop and the tv will no longer work.
Bieffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #96
Honorary Member

Sometimes, the less u use the faster it spoils...

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #97
High Supremacy Member

Sometimes, the less u use the faster it spoils...

you are right. i seldom use the samsung tv
fakeyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

My LG OLED TV 55EG910T bought in early June 2016, screen just went dark, can hear TV channel, see some movement but all dark on screen.

As OLED, we minimise TV watching (sometimes 1-2 hours daily or most days no TV at all!).
Occasionally watch blu-ray movies but NOT daily.

Should I still have faith stick with OLED or give up OLED already?
Change to Samsung or Panasonic lo..
Aaron_soh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #99

How do you know?
You can check the back of panel. All LG salesman know these trick.
limpingsim98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #100

very good information up here.. currently eyeing Sony X8000G but u mention Panasonic OLED is cheaper compared to Sony. Panasonic tv good? Can last? i nv use panasonic tv before.

main usage most probably be downloading app on tv and watch movie/drama

whats ur take?
His comment on QLED is not correct anyway. Not sure he is referring to first version of QLED vs recent one.

Anyway, thats generally what LG promoter will tell you in order to promote OLED vs QLED.
limpingsim98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #101

His comment on QLED is not correct anyway. Not sure he is referring to first version of QLED vs recent one.

Anyway, thats generally what LG promoter will tell you in order to promote OLED vs QLED.
Oh is it? Then please, enlighten me on how exactly does QLED differ from Sony's excellent LED TV? Other than the different backlight and an additional Quantum Dot layer in its TVs.

If you so love technology like me, I'm sure you will know what else makes it special and beyond a normal LCD/LED TV technology. More specifically, it being an AHVA panel with those additional changes made to it.

Please. Prove to me you are not a Samsung promoter since you did not provide any of your own information to the people here. Why? Reading from the promoter script?

Did the Quantum Dot technology change drastically over the years?
Or maybe you should know that the choice to change the name from Quantum Dot TVs to QLED is a marketing move and that the underlying technology is still Quantum Dot layer based. You thought the name change to QLED means it suddenly rivaled OLEDs?

Here are some 2019 articles.

https://www.cnet.com/news/qled-vs-ol...19-comparison/
https://www.techradar.com/sg/news/oled-vs-lcd-led
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by...vs-oled-vs-led
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ed-vs-oled-tv/

Last edited by LiLAsN; 11-11-2019 at 06:58 PM..
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #102
Master Member

This is why I stick to Sony TVs.

Avoid all Kimchi Brands.
My Samsung one still going strong after 8 years. We on the TV a lot also not issue. These kind of things depend on luck

I just grew sick of it and donate it away

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
bratpig is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.