Overseas shopping vs local

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why price so much difference? the tv probably made in china...to export to LG USA also more ex than to export to LG Singapore. Why cant they price it better in Singapore esp we are asian countries. hais if the 77 inch at 3.5kusd, no need to think, just buy only.

too bad the 77 inch CX in SG is like 12 to 13k if i not wrong.

It’s typical for any products not just tv. I gather cost to store them in a warehouse here cost more than states. The tax here maybe higher here and it may also cost more for biz to operate here

IloveEmma

Reaction score
US only selling 1800USD for 65 inch CX. Anyone shipped TV from overseas before?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Amazon US doesn’t ship here but for such a item, lack of warranty means it’s a huge risk.

US only selling 1800USD for 65 inch CX. Anyone shipped TV from overseas before?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon US doesn’t ship here but for such a item, lack of warranty means it’s a huge risk.

Yes, especially come to big ticket item and large size item. Next is to watch out those electrical/ electronics specification eg, voltage rating, tv runner standard etc.

Needmysleep

Reaction score
DVB T2 Tuner not available for the US models.
you can use livestream (a bit delay) for local live tv broadcast or subscribe to SH or ST to get them.

Although power is stated 110V (US regulations) quite a few are really Auto Voltage.

Warranty - For low cost repair probably the substantial savings can cover them. For major ones like panel it may not be worth it.

There are other considerations the above are some of it i can think off.

Used mainly for playing movies off a player .I dont have a SH or ST box.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s typical for any products not just tv. I gather cost to store them in a warehouse here cost more than states. The tax here maybe higher here and it may also cost more for biz to operate here

Do we tax electronic goods? I thought all goods aren't taxed except for certain items like cars, cigarettes and alcohol, etc?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do we tax electronic goods? I thought all goods aren't taxed except for certain items like cars, cigarettes and alcohol, etc?

Read thread here, someone got a big item from USA.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-theatre-audiophiles-13/switching-220v-us-import-klipsch-subwoofer-6409790.html#post131401792

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me too.. but when, July? Base on past records, it will likely be priced over S$20k.

BTW, I saw the 77A9G display set going for S$8999 at 313 Somerset Sony Centre a few months back.

Also, LG 77CX now costs just over S$12k in Courts and HN, does that mean that LG 2021 gen OLEDs (C1) are coming soon.. seems a good deal if we consider it was over S$16k previously.

77cx is way too overpriced in sg. Really chop carrot head. Overseas can get for like 3.5k usd

VideoOne2

Reaction score
77cx is way too overpriced in sg. Really chop carrot head. Overseas can get for like 3.5k usd

They have a much bigger market over there hence good buyer pricings.

To import one by your own, especially big TV sets have huge risk. Unless of course you can get it from a 'player' here that brings in container load and well packed.

My company ever shipped 2 units of 100" Panny. Both of them, the panel cracked rendering them not useable. :)

petetherock

Reaction score
Thanks Pete... GST I am aware of but there aren't import duties in TVs right? GST applies even to products produced locally but some mentioned maxes and it sounded like here were import duties on electronic goods?

We are already paying import duties, eg if you spend above the limit, even Amazon SG will charge if the item originates oversea, eg Amazon USA.

Sometimes the import tax is worked into the cost, so you feel there isn't any.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 75" X8000H for just over AUD$2.1k. Was looking at Singapore sony site and it cost over 5k????

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Just bought a 75" X8000H for just over AUD$2.1k. Was looking at Singapore sony site and it cost over 5k????

how did you ship to Singapore? What is the cost for shipping and GST?
how about warranty? Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine just purchased 65X8000H. All in - installation + wall bracket with 3 years warranty and CNY gift ($80) $1780 nett

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how did you ship to Singapore? What is the cost for shipping and GST?
how about warranty? Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine just purchased 65X8000H. All in - installation + wall bracket with 3 years warranty and CNY gift ($80) $1780 nett

Nah, i'm based here in Aust.. was just comparing prices and there's a huge difference..

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.