Status
Not open for further replies.

ironut

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's the damage for the pany?

Sent from OnePlus HD1900 using GAGT

$730. Worth it.

Powering up is a tad slower compared to non android TV.

But the Google voice search function. Loved it.
Even my 4 Yr old knows how to do a voice search for her fave videos.

romeo88

Reaction score
I've personally experience this problem myself, happened many years ago. Physically, there wasn't any sign of abuse. Luckily, my kids explained to me what happend. My son was playing console game bowling. As he swung the controller backward he hit something behind. Lo and behold the battery cover came off and with the same motion this time forward, the AA batteries flung forward and hit the panel. It was an LG and nope, I didn't bother to call for servicing. How would any supplier not define this as an misuse, even if I had not known the truth.

So perhaps you might want to go check if there was an accident. LCD panel generates negligible heat. Even on my Panny plasma the panels generate a great deal of heat, there never is any problem.

Panasonic products and service have always been top-notch for me all these decades.

weeza77

Reaction score
$730. Worth it.

Powering up is a tad slower compared to non android TV.

But the Google voice search function. Loved it.
Even my 4 Yr old knows how to do a voice search for her fave videos.

Just want to confirm, the voice function only serves to search and launch Youtube Videos? Tried to launch "Live TV" from Home screen but was unsuccessful.

You can set Fast Boot in TV Settings to address the slow startup.

Last edited:

doran_lum

Reaction score
16eUbQwl.jpg

Hi all, my GZ2000 will be arriving soon and I have two speakers which I will link up using optical cable. Based on GZ2000 specs they only have one digital audio output and what I see at best denki today, do I need an adapter ?

Digital Audio Output (Optical) - 1 rear

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

romeo88

Reaction score
Congratulations! 55 or 65 and how much ?

Panny TV audio out for optical is usually only 1. If all your different speaker systems only accept optical, you might want to see if there's 3rd-party optical splitter (I know for certain there's HDMI splitter but not sure about optical).

16eUbQwl.jpg

Hi all, my GZ2000 will be arriving soon and I have two speakers which I will link up using optical cable. Based on GZ2000 specs they only have one digital audio output and what I see at best denki today, do I need an adapter ?

Digital Audio Output (Optical) - 1 rear

doran_lum

Reaction score
Congratulations! 55 or 65 and how much ?

Panny TV audio out for optical is usually only 1. If all your different speaker systems only accept optical, you might want to see if there's 3rd-party optical splitter (I know for certain there's HDMI splitter but not sure about optical).
65 ... Last set so it was at $5099

Does the spitter affect the audio performance ?

romeo88

Reaction score
Optical is digital. So if there's indeed an optical splitter device and which works, no loss in performance.

It's rather strange that your speakers only accept optical. Usually they do have many different types of inputs. If I were you, I'll look into using other input type for the other speakers.

65 ... Last set so it was at $5099

Does the spitter affect the audio performance ?

rs13dude78

Reaction score
I've personally experience this problem myself, happened many years ago. Physically, there wasn't any sign of abuse. Luckily, my kids explained to me what happend. My son was playing console game bowling. As he swung the controller backward he hit something behind. Lo and behold the battery cover came off and with the same motion this time forward, the AA batteries flung forward and hit the panel. It was an LG and nope, I didn't bother to call for servicing. How would any supplier not define this as an misuse, even if I had not known the truth.

So perhaps you might want to go check if there was an accident. LCD panel generates negligible heat. Even on my Panny plasma the panels generate a great deal of heat, there never is any problem.

Panasonic products and service have always been top-notch for me all these decades.

I have a Samsung TV before that which I used for 10 years and still working. I can't use it now since I need a Smart TV for my Netflix. I don't use my TV for game. My 11 months old Panasonic TV is still under warranty and only on for 2-3 hours a day in the evening since I don't allow my kid to watch it without adult supervision. If my TV is not that new and under warranty, I won't bother to call their customer service. The best part is their Technician just come have a look and say it is not covered under warranty. No tear down or even physical open to check. It is unacceptable for me that this Panasonic TV failed within a year. They just replied me 2 days ago and say I can purchase a new TV for $699 or repair at 20% discount at $499. After going through the benchmark of their customer service, I must be insane to buy from them again. LOL.

romeo88

Reaction score
Wow, I'll be very happy if I'm offered with the discount to replace or to repair if it works out to be a viable option.

Any technician who saw the inner crack pattern would have immediately known it's not covered under warranty.

I have a Samsung TV before that which I used for 10 years and still working. I can't use it now since I need a Smart TV for my Netflix. I don't use my TV for game. My 11 months old Panasonic TV is still under warranty and only on for 2-3 hours a day in the evening since I don't allow my kid to watch it without adult supervision. If my TV is not that new and under warranty, I won't bother to call their customer service. The best part is their Technician just come have a look and say it is not covered under warranty. No tear down or even physical open to check. It is unacceptable for me that this Panasonic TV failed within a year. They just replied me 2 days ago and say I can purchase a new TV for $699 or repair at 20% discount at $499. After going through the benchmark of their customer service, I must be insane to buy from them again. LOL.

Last edited:

rs13dude78

Reaction score
Wow, I'll be very happy if I'm offered with the discount to replace or to repair if it works out to be a viable option.

Any technician who saw the inner crack pattern would have immediately known it's not covered under warranty.

I will be very happy if they offer a token fee for repair.

I can buy a brand new Xiaomi 43" Smart TV for less than $380 so why should I have it repaired for $499 and possible face the same problem again? In any case, I bought a 60" Smart TV from Sharp for less than $899 to replace this Panasonic. Shame of me if this TV have the same issue again. But if not, We should question the quality or how fragile Panasonic TV is?

As for technician, can they tell if the crack is a result of poor quality? Why I do not have this kind of problem on Samsung or Sharp? Both in use for more than 10 years. I will not replace them if not for Netflix.

I have not used Panasonic on my home appliances except for this TV. I have to say this episode has shaken my confidence and obvious I am not going to risk emptying my pocket on their products again. Good luck using Panasonic and dealing with their Customer Service. Took them more than 1 month from start till end to deal with them.

doran_lum

Reaction score
Optical is digital. So if there's indeed an optical splitter device and which works, no loss in performance.

It's rather strange that your speakers only accept optical. Usually they do have many different types of inputs. If I were you, I'll look into using other input type for the other speakers.
It's Devialet speakers...I also sort it out with Devialet support, I just need connect to one of the Devialet speakers via one optical audio and the speakers will sort it out itself. So no splitter needed.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Could anyone share on pricing for the HZ1000 series, for both 55" and 65"?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.