HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend 50" TV for elderly people

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Recommend 50" TV for elderly people

Any recommendation me no frill 50" TV for elderly. Remote easy to use. No very particular abt image quality
Previous my parent using Toshiba 47L2450, Should be obsolete already

For Tcl smart TV will it be too complicate
elderly person.
zuppeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

I think it is ok. Actually quite easy to navigate. My mum don't know anything about smart TV until my wife taught her YouTube and Netflix. Now both my parents has abandon Starhub TV and love playing with my 65" Sony Smart TV and my Apple TV. LOL!

Now I am trying to get an android TV for them. I think it will take a bit of time to get used but teach them slowly. Android TV is easy because with a button, you go into the home. From there, easy to choose app. After a few months, you will be surprised by their proficiency. LOL! Elderly are like kids. They learn fast as they have a lot of time to mess around. Worst case, restart/ factory reset will solve the problem. Enjoy.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #3

My mum finds my Samsung RU 7100 quite simple to use.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020...tup-22020.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Get them a bigger TV, the 55" TCL at least.

My Dad is asking for a 70" already, after using the current 60" for over 5 years...

Will they be using the Smart function on the TV? I would say, if there is anything on the TV that interests them, they would definitely pick up quickly.
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 01:19 PM   #5

Any recommendation me no frill 50" TV for elderly. Remote easy to use. No very particular abt image quality
Previous my parent using Toshiba 47L2450, Should be obsolete already

For Tcl smart TV will it be too complicate
elderly person.
I also need help on this, my grandparents have been complaining that their tv got problem so i've helping them look online. now contemplating between Sharp LC-50UA6800X and Sharp 2T-C50AE1X now both on sale on Shopee at around the $700 price range, reviews are good also. thoughts?
NurSyaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #6

This 50UA6800X has both 4k and android tv. It gives you the flexibility of installing android apps. The screen will look nicer also. If you are considering both sharp models, personally I would buy 50UA6800X. If I am not mistaken, Sharp covers1 year panel and 3 years servicing. Which means gone case if you panel spoils within 1 year

Apart from Sharp, if you want android tv, possible brands are Sony (expensive), TCL, Xiaomi, Philips and Panasonic.
skpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #7

This 50UA6800X has both 4k and android tv. It gives you the flexibility of installing android apps. The screen will look nicer also. If you are considering both sharp models, personally I would buy 50UA6800X. If I am not mistaken, Sharp covers1 year panel and 3 years servicing. Which means gone case if you panel spoils within 1 year

Apart from Sharp, if you want android tv, possible brands are Sony (expensive), TCL, Xiaomi, Philips and Panasonic.
yeah I was leaning more towards the 50UA6800X as well because the reviews were good for this. thanks for your insight!
NurSyaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #8

Go for a LG.
spudmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.