www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The House of Displays (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/)
-   -   Singapore Digital TV discussion thread - all related talk, please post here (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/singapore-digital-tv-discussion-thread-all-related-talk-please-post-here-4152007.html)

stamina 30-11-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi8 (Post 81554993)
The SCV wall cable still has analog channels. Your TV also can tune to analog channels. So it's probable that u are tuning to analog channels.

okay and since i have bought this new tv which has in built dvb t2 tuner, how do i then take advantage of the t2 channels?

Kiwi8 30-11-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamina (Post 81555059)
okay and since i have bought this new tv which has in built dvb t2 tuner, how do i then take advantage of the t2 channels?

Connect to the rooftop antenna, or buy an indoor antenna, or build a DIY antenna.

ykgoh 30-11-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi8 (Post 81555224)
Connect to the rooftop antenna, or buy an indoor antenna, or build a DIY antenna.

Just curious. Currently if using an indoor antenna for DVB-T2, is it guaranteed to produce crystal clear images? Or still a largely hit-and-miss affair depending on location, antenna orientation, antenna quality, and some other factors?

I still remember bad old days of analog indoor antennas giving fuzzy and grainy images. :( For digital signal, I believe it's is either we get a perfect image on the screen or nothing at all?

Kiwi8 30-11-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ykgoh (Post 81555420)
Just curious. Currently if using an indoor antenna for DVB-T2, is it guaranteed to produce crystal clear images? Or still a largely hit-and-miss affair depending on location, antenna orientation, antenna quality, and some other factors?

I still remember bad old days of analog indoor antennas giving fuzzy and grainy images. :( For digital signal, I believe it's is either we get a perfect image on the screen or nothing at all?

Not guaranteed. It depends on your location, antenna orientation.

congster2 30-11-2013 10:12 AM

Thanks. Realized the freaking wall socket rooftop antenna point was the problem. When i tap it onto a fan metal grill, was able to pick up some digital signals although there seemed to be a mix bag of both scv digital and mediacorp sd channels. Have yet to widen the tuning scope. I might just get an indoor antenna. Maybe a none powered one if such exists.

mrsun18 30-11-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsun18 (Post 81278956)
This is the reply from MediaCorp when I enquired on the channels to be used for the new dvb-t2 transmission, to prepare our condo's matv for the new format:

All our 7 MediaCorpís channel will be available on 3 frequencies during the Digital Switch On. The three frequencies are Ch27 (518 to 526MHz), Ch29 (534 to 542MHz) and Ch31 (550 to 558MHz).

Now I see a sudden burst of interest in the new transmission format.

For those using hdb wall outlets, and private properties (landed or older condos) with own antennae, if your tv sets can receive on analogue

U (chan28)
Octo (chan 30)
CNA (chan 32)


there is a high probability that you can receive the new T2 channels if your tv sets are T2 ready.

However, for some hdb blocks, these stated channels may have been changed to another channels (just like scv channels) because of technical limitation - if this is the case then there may be no reception.

The matv in my condo caters to the 3 channels stated above plus tv3 (chan 26). I could received T test transmission on chan 29 previously. I am confident that my condo can receive all the new 3 channels (yet to be verified).

Windowlover 30-11-2013 12:14 PM

Anyone try roof top antena can receive digital signal with T2 TV tuner ? :s22:

stamina 30-11-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windowlover (Post 81558274)
Anyone try roof top antena can receive digital signal with T2 TV tuner ? :s22:

i just tried on the rooftop antenna. Yes. It works at my mums old flat. Can see the HD already. Also detected others like starworld, geographic, etc.. but blank! what happen for those new flats like mine without rooftop antenna but with just scv wall cables?

mrsun18 30-11-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamina (Post 81558780)
i just tried on the rooftop antenna. Yes. It works at my mums old flat. Can see the HD already. Also detected others like starworld, geographic, etc.. but blank! what happen for those new flats like mine without rooftop antenna but with just scv wall cables?

Haha, old is good, new is bad.

stamina 30-11-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsun18 (Post 81558844)
Haha, old is good, new is bad.

Thats what i just dont understand.In general,all flats, new and old,have scv cable wall sockets readily installed in living room,and the new flats, in bedrooms as well. Why cant MDA then just turn the scv wall cable channels to HD? Isnt that better so that theres no need for new flat owners(with no rooftop antennas) to buy additional antenna to receive DVB T2?

mrsun18 30-11-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by congster2 (Post 81555632)
... When i tap it onto a fan metal grill... I might just get an indoor antenna. Maybe a none powered one if such exists.

Avoid using the fan metal grille, or for that matter, any electrical parts of electrical appliances. If the appliance turns faulty, the metal part may become live.

And yes, indoor antennae are available. There will be a rush for them now.

stamina 30-11-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ykgoh (Post 81555420)
Just curious. Currently if using an indoor antenna for DVB-T2, is it guaranteed to produce crystal clear images? Or still a largely hit-and-miss affair depending on location, antenna orientation, antenna quality, and some other factors?

I still remember bad old days of analog indoor antennas giving fuzzy and grainy images. :( For digital signal, I believe it's is either we get a perfect image on the screen or nothing at all?

i tried. Its HD clear. My dvb t2 tv detects both the grainy rooftop old channels between presets 1 to 10, and the Digital T2 channel presets from 800 to 900.

stamina 30-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheong79 (Post 81559359)
I go buy sony bravia W series now.

buy lg lah for cleaner interface and value. Ips panel also good. Sony, expensive but just a little better in picture quality.

mrsun18 30-11-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamina (Post 81558986)
Thats what i just dont understand.In general,all flats, new and old,have scv cable wall sockets readily installed in living room,and the new flats, in bedrooms as well. Why cant MDA then just turn the scv wall cable channels to HD? Isnt that better so that theres no need for new flat owners(with no rooftop antennas) to buy additional antenna to receive DVB T2?

I have my $2 but won't put it here...there is no value add..I would suggest such idea or discussion is best done elsewhere in more appropriate forums:s22:.

congster2 30-11-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamina (Post 81559415)
buy lg lah for cleaner interface and value. Ips panel also good. Sony, expensive but just a little better in picture quality.

folks i really think he is an LG promoter. better take what he says with a lot of salt.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.