www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The House of Displays (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/)
-   -   Singapore Digital TV discussion thread - all related talk, please post here (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/singapore-digital-tv-discussion-thread-all-related-talk-please-post-here-4152007.html)

andmic04 07-10-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KardBoard (Post 80144841)
which area u live?thnks

I am in sembawang area.. gotten pretty strong signal for the 610Mhz frequency signal(99%)... all other zero!

mrsun18 07-10-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamina (Post 80145688)
U mean those with DVBT2 tv can autoscan and receive T2? I just bought a T2 tv and scan but cannot get leh?

See post #96...Now only test transmission.

Uraku Asia 07-10-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KardBoard (Post 80144841)
which area u live?thnks


MacPherson.

Today CH5(HD), 8 & CNA for DVB-T2 are no signal. But still able to view another 3 test DVB-T2 signals.

andmic04 07-10-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uraku Asia (Post 80157313)
MacPherson.

Today CH5(HD), 8 & CNA for DVB-T2 are no signal. But still able to view another 3 test DVB-T2 signals.

I suggest we got to be patient. It take awhile before it would be implemented island wide.

infocus 11-10-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andmic04 (Post 80164405)
I suggest we got to be patient. It take awhile before it would be implemented island wide.

from now till end of the year not much time left. I wonder whether IDA will fine Mediacorp if DVB-T2 transmission island-wide by year end is not rolled out completely. It was after all a 1.5 year project timeframe (announced june 2012)

KardBoard 11-10-2013 08:57 PM

for those using antenna,do u able to get clear quality pics?

mrsun18 11-10-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infocus (Post 80261025)
from now till end of the year not much time left. I wonder whether IDA will fine Mediacorp if DVB-T2 transmission island-wide by year end is not rolled out completely. It was after all a 1.5 year project timeframe (announced june 2012)

Broadcasting is under the purview of MDA.

infocus 12-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsun18 (Post 80271990)
Broadcasting is under the purview of MDA.

you are right, MDA is the regulatory body for this :)

cscs3 12-10-2013 01:53 PM

Regulatory body in Singapore means nothing. At most you get a fine. Just like recent Singtel case. Believe they pass their audit every year anyway.

infocus 12-10-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cscs3 (Post 80285332)
Regulatory body in Singapore means nothing. At most you get a fine. Just like recent Singtel case. Believe they pass their audit every year anyway.

i see that the government's stance in ensuring service to the people is very different from yesteryears. if fine, i am sure it's not going to be cheap

mrsun18 18-11-2013 05:10 PM

DVB-T2 Launch Date Still Unknown
 
Deafening silence. The dvb-t2 transmission is scheduled for Dec 2013. Yet with less than 2 weeks to go, there is still no official announcement.

Given that other agencies such as LTA would have big PR exercises before projects completion such as MRT stations, expressway and road widening, the silence is surprising.

The other surprise is that tv makers are not publicising their new tv sets' dvb-t2 readiness - silent so that unsuspecting buyers do not realise that the old models that they buy will be obsolete soon, as far as the digital tuner is concerned?

petetherock 18-11-2013 08:03 PM

Silence implies they aren't ready...
Silence by dealers indicate they have lots of stock to clear..

Anyway, no rush, let the version 1 firmware and other issues iron out before you jump in..

mrsun18 18-11-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petetherock (Post 81248593)
Silence implies they aren't ready...
Silence by dealers indicate they have lots of stock to clear..

:s22:

Quote:

Anyway, no rush, let the version 1 firmware and other issues iron out before you jump in..
From what I read in other threads, it seems that buyers or potential buyers are more concerned with PQ and other qualities rather than dvb-t2 readiness.

mrsun18 19-11-2013 10:14 PM

This is the reply from MediaCorp when I enquired on the channels to be used for the new dvb-t2 transmission, to prepare our condo's matv for the new format:

All our 7 MediaCorpís channel will be available on 3 frequencies during the Digital Switch On. The three frequencies are Ch27 (518 to 526MHz), Ch29 (534 to 542MHz) and Ch31 (550 to 558MHz).

windwaver 20-11-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobzpro (Post 80038028)
Hdb de...i change to digital channels than auto search bo le...

Go buy a UHF antenna.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.