Sony TV discussion II {consolidated}

Status
Not open for further replies.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to BD and a sales person told me Sony TVs will not get any updates after 2 years so may not be able to use the apps after that. Is this true?

Dun really trust what he says...

2/3 years later no update is true but depend on model.
App still can use.

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Went to BD and a sales person told me Sony TVs will not get any updates after 2 years so may not be able to use the apps after that. Is this true?

Dun really trust what he says...

My tv is already 3 years.
And just updated.

Only after updates , some apps cannot use. :(
Like HK Drama adrama. :(

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how long Android tv support will last. But I suppose it’s like android phones - they also don’t guarantee support beyond a certain number of OS updates.

In any case, it’s not critical - the android version you are left with will still be usable, and if you really want the latest android features, you can always get an nvidia shield TV or something, which isn’t ex.

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since there are no more updates after 2 to 3 years, does it mean that Sony TVs will not have anymore support after that? Will the apps have any issues?

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why is that so?

Because fundamentally, you don’t really understand the considerations behind android TV. It would be a risk for anyone here to give you assurances because there is a risk you might over generalize. Because you don’t fully appreciate the risks, best is you don’t buy.

Mscheapo

Reaction score
Well said.

Because fundamentally, you don’t really understand the considerations behind android TV. It would be a risk for anyone here to give you assurances because there is a risk you might over generalize. Because you don’t fully appreciate the risks, best is you don’t buy.

petetherock

Reaction score
I buy a Sony tv for its high quality images to watch my blu ray
I don’t even turn on the WiFi
Use it as a PC and you get all these issues
Get an android box if you are really into all these functions

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I connect it to my desktop if I wan to use the net.

Unless I using netflix etc then yes. If not wan drama etc connect to a android box or desktop better

freshvibes

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well, how would you know if I don’t fully appreciate the risks? I just want to find out more and at least I can get to know about such issues before deciding on purchasing one.

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how to full screen a streaming video from browser and don’t want to see the address bar?

Trying to watch some videos off the browser but the stupid video won’t play full screen.

Running Android tv 8 Oreo and the default internet browser.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how to full screen a streaming video from browser and don’t want to see the address bar?

Trying to watch some videos off the browser but the stupid video won’t play full screen.

Running Android tv 8 Oreo and the default internet browser.
1. Cast video from computer chrome browser

2.use tubio (has ios and android version) and cast to TV

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

kt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried buying from amazon US?
It's cheaper than SG sony days prices, even with shipping included.
Not sure what's the voltage of the US sets though.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Has anyone tried buying from amazon US?
It's cheaper than SG sony days prices, even with shipping included.
Not sure what's the voltage of the US sets though.
JB price also much cheaper. Even with GST paid at customs. Look for Sony Promos. You can check out major retail store in JB ( they are priced at least 8 to 10% cheaper than Sony listed promo prices )

They are definitely 100% compatible with Singapore sets.

Sony is made in Malaysia.

The only thing is warranty issue. you need to bring in/out of customs which is a hassle. But then if you want to buy from Amazon US (Tuner not compatible) This hassle is non issue, i guess.

kt

Reaction score
JB price also much cheaper. Even with GST paid at customs. Look for Sony Promos. You can check out major retail store in JB ( they are priced at least 8 to 10% cheaper than Sony listed promo prices )

They are definitely 100% compatible with Singapore sets.

Sony is made in Malaysia.

The only thing is warranty issue. you need to bring in/out of customs which is a hassle. But then if you want to buy from Amazon US (Tuner not compatible) This hassle is non issue, i guess.

Thanks, will look at MY prices too.
Just comparing X950G 65", SG Sony day price is abt 4k sgd. Amazon US is 1.8k usd and ships to your doorstep. Juat wondering if anyone tried this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.