Reaction score
Update is out.

I just updated my 85G to Android 9.
I have airplay 2 and HomeKit now.

Last edited:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those using X9500G or the 2019 G series Android TV, what’s your remote control model number?

It’s the new remote design compare to F series 2018 and older model rectangular remote control. I want to buy it to replace my remote for my 2018 model as it’s nicer!

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Tested the demo set Sony KD-65X9005B at best denki
The tv speakers is awesome better than those home theatre surround speaker in the mkt

sharang

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know what are those spots along the TV circled? This is from my Sony LED TV bought 3.5 years ago.

1OTmWj4l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know what are those spots along the TV circled? This is from my Sony LED TV bought 3.5 years ago.

1OTmWj4l.jpg

Wow. Could it be pressure stressed on the sides (over long period of time) due to handling now showing its detrimental effect?

sharang

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I shifted house a year ago and brought the TV over. Noticed those started appearing after shifting.. Maybe moving the TV and all affected the panel.

And over time, those pixels started appearing more and more. Now it's more common at the the corners and all along the sides of the TV.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Did anyone get the 65A8G? Any reviews?

OLED TV produces beautiful video images. However OLED are not as 'robust' as LED TV. They are prone to image burn or image retention due to bright static image (such as TV station logo ID)

For the A8G i've noticed there are some aesthetic flaw which i don't quite like. Although this does not affect video display, it really bothers me.

With the TV switch off, stand a few feet away and look at top left, right and bottom middle of the screen.

Especially at top left you can see like a circular dimple. There are varying degree of depression can be seen from a far. you cannot see it when you are near the panel.

Just my 2 cents.

sharang

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'm just considering getting a display unit. Was offered 3.9k for 65 inch one. Comes with 3 years warranty. Compared to brand new LG 65c9 which costs around $3.5k, seems to be worth it.

Got to make a decision about it.. Or I just wait more until my current sony dies, lol.

OLED TV produces beautiful video images. However OLED are not as 'robust' as LED TV. They are prone to image burn or image retention due to bright static image (such as TV station logo ID)

For the A8G i've noticed there are some aesthetic flaw which i don't quite like. Although this does not affect video display, it really bothers me.

With the TV switch off, stand a few feet away and look at top left, right and bottom middle of the screen.

Especially at top left you can see like a circular dimple. There are varying degree of depression can be seen from a far. you cannot see it when you are near the panel.

Just my 2 cents.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'm just considering getting a display unit. Was offered 3.9k for 65 inch one. Comes with 3 years warranty. Compared to brand new LG 65c9 which costs around $3.5k, seems to be worth it.

Got to make a decision about it.. Or I just wait more until my current sony dies, lol.

Think you’re better off getting a brand new LG 65c9.

VideoOne2

Reaction score

OK. if you are bent towards A8G and since this is a display set, look at the panel in switched off mode. Hopefully it is as perfect as can be.

Current A8G OS is Android Oreo 8. The interface is not bad. Its pretty quick.
Android 9 Pie is around the corner promising some feature enhancement.
Sony is releasing the upgrades in batches, starting from 2018 models.

I would also recommend you to buy A9G remote control for your A8G. Good Luck.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Think you’re better off getting a brand new LG 65c9.

good suggestion bro.

LG supplied OLED to Sony.

Here are some differences:
a) Video processing engine.
b) LG is webOS4, Sony is Android TV.
c) LG have HDMI 2.1, Sony HDMI 2.0 only but then not sure when we are
getting HDMI 2.1 content.

You should test both units and see which one you like. Also listen to the audio (without sound bar) for comparison.

wisewise

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys.... just bought a Sony 55X8000G and a HT-S350 at courts AMK. quite affordable as both item cost just 1600.

Any review or comment would be appreciated!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any able to install HBO GO on their song android tv?

If you can not install the app on your Android TV OS device like Sony TV, you can always cast from your phone using the built-in Chromecast function of your Sony TV.

Ref: https://www.hbogoasia.sg/static/help/sgp/faq.html#mobile

If you sign up using SingTel, then the contents are available with the CAST app which you should be able to install on your Sony Android TV.

If you sign up within Toggle, unfortunately Toggle app is not officially supported on Sony Android TV but you can try side load. Still you can always cast from mobile phone.

Last edited:

DontTouchMe

Master Member
Reaction score
If you can not install the app on your Android TV OS device like Sony TV, you can always cast from your phone using the built-in Chromecast function of your Sony TV.

If you sign up using SingTel, then the contents are available with the CAST app which you should be able to install on your Sony Android TV.

If you sign up within Toggle, unfortunately Toggle app is not officially supported on Sony Android TV but you can try side load. Still you can always cast from mobile phone.

thanks for the reply. i’m trying to use without my phone. just checking if anyone side load hbo apps or able to install hbo go by changing their region.

if not i might need to subscribe via singtel cast :(

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

What about iphone? Can cast to Sony TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.