Sony TV discussion II {consolidated}

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tS9MzBy.jpg

Sony warranty how long ? Worth getting the 5 years from GC for the 65?

Lazada got one selling cheap but no warranty haha but still worth it if can last at least 3 years.

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Sony warranty how long ? Worth getting the 5 years from GC for the 65?

Lazada got one selling cheap but no warranty haha but still worth it if can last at least 3 years.

I had a three year warranty but do check
Don’t bother with the extra warranty but having none is too risky
If it’s dead on arrival it’s a messy return affair
Good price already 👍

I wonder if we will see appletv on Sonys

arsonn

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a Sony 55X80G bought from Gaincity in July but delivered just in Dec 2019.

After a month of usage, nowadays when I reach home and tried to turn on the TV using the remote, the TV cannot be on, tried using the manual button at the back to power on but no response.

Only after pressing the remote control's ON button for like 5 mins then can get the TV to turn on.

Tried changing batteries on remote, changing power point for TV. I left the protective plastic on the TV tho.
But once the TV is on, I can use the remote control so it is dont think is the protective plastic blocking the sensor or what.

It is super frustrating!!
Did I purchase a lemon set? Anybody facing same issues?

Sent from Samsung SM-N970F using GAGT

Vulpix

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a Sony 55X80G bought from Gaincity in July but delivered just in Dec 2019.

After a month of usage, nowadays when I reach home and tried to turn on the TV using the remote, the TV cannot be on, tried using the manual button at the back to power on but no response.

Only after pressing the remote control's ON button for like 5 mins then can get the TV to turn on.

Tried changing batteries on remote, changing power point for TV. I left the protective plastic on the TV tho.
But once the TV is on, I can use the remote control so it is dont think is the protective plastic blocking the sensor or what.

It's still under warranty so just call Sony and get them to come down and see.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looks like a lemon set. Call for warranty claim.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue where the corners of the TV seems darker? The model is 65X8000G.

Wats the backlight setting? Take some pics? Vignetting is a known screen uniformity issue for lcd TVs. If it’s terrible, can ask Sony to take a look/ change.

petetherock

Reaction score
Anyone have this issue where the corners of the TV seems darker? The model is 65X8000G.

You may want to read up on edgelight sets..
Unless you pay more, you are unlikely to get anywhere near uniform brightness at the budget edge of the Sony range.
Try OLEDs if you want total uniformity.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I don't know if I am blind or what, went down to 2 stores, plugged in my own videos, it seems that the Sony X9500 looks better in dark areas and motion vs LG C9. Am I doing something wrong?

petetherock

Reaction score
I don't know if I am blind or what, went down to 2 stores, plugged in my own videos, it seems that the Sony X9500 looks better in dark areas and motion vs LG C9. Am I doing something wrong?

The LG OLED screens are good for darks, but Sony TVs have been known to have very good video processing chips..

Vulpix

Reaction score
The LG OLED screens are good for darks, but Sony TVs have been known to have very good video processing chips..

Yeah the LG has decent darks, but when I start to look at the details in the dark areas, the Sony had more details. Maybe I am peeping at an unreasonable level... :s13:

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on your viewing habits. My sister wanted to watch shows in the dark and she didn’t think she’d watch for long hours so I recommended c9 instead.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Depends on your viewing habits. My sister wanted to watch shows in the dark and she didn’t think she’d watch for long hours so I recommended c9 instead.
Who would you recommend the Sony X9500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.