HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tcl tv can buy?

Like Tree73Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2020, 08:14 AM   #811
Master Member

Alot of movies are very dark cos its catered to watch in completely dark cinemas. If u compare YouTube 4k and 4k-HDR tv brands demo video clips, movies are easily 40% darker and it looks unpleasant when tv color makes it even darker.
For myself if I don't want to watch movie in tv HDR color preset.
Then I do this in sport color preset.
Brightness and contrast - up to you.
Black level - ard 65 to 70.
Dynamic backlight - brightness+
Other settings - low or off.
Color temperature - normal or cool.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #812

Does your tv suddenly dim down a bit depanding on the scene of the movie..? Mine is fine while playimg games but while watching movie sometimes auto dim on some scene but will be bringt again when the scene changes. It will only auto dim during a scene when the scene is dark tho..
Backlight probably on eco mode, turn off

Last edited by chaiscool; 02-05-2020 at 03:07 PM..
Old 03-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #813
TsQ
Master Member

Does your tv suddenly dim down a bit depanding on the scene of the movie..? Mine is fine while playimg games but while watching movie sometimes auto dim on some scene but will be bringt again when the scene changes. It will only auto dim during a scene when the scene is dark tho..
Not too sure... So far no. As I turn off almost all the AI adjustment.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #814
Banned

was choosing between xiaomi and tcl.

which one better ah

i saw tcl review on youtube the picture quality not bad.. very clear and vibrant
Old 03-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #815

which one better ah

i saw tcl review on youtube the picture quality not bad.. very clear and vibrant
A simple google of the comparison mainly points towards TCL. And Xiaomi TV is a hit n miss, you might not get Netflix compatible sets.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:08 PM   #816
Banned

A simple google of the comparison mainly points towards TCL. And Xiaomi TV is a hit n miss, you might not get Netflix compatible sets.
I Saw TCL 65 inch got one model is QUHD.

QUHD is not 4K?

idk to get the QUHD or the 4K UHD lol

so confusing

Last edited by buibuicheong; 03-05-2020 at 10:27 PM..
Old 04-05-2020, 03:09 AM   #817

Hello Iím looking to upgrade my tv and am looking at these 2

Samsung 70 inch TU7000 series 7 vs TCL 65Ē 65P85

There is quite a bit of price difference but I was wondering if itís worth to pay? I seen both specs and it seems quite similar?

My usage is normally Netflix and YouTube and changing to 4K Tv for PS5
Old 04-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #818

REconnect bluetooth headphone to TCL TV

Anyone know how to do this?

I have previously paired my headphone to the TCL C8, and it works properly. I have since also paired this headphone to my mobile. Today I try to reconnect back to the TV but just can't seems to find where to do this.

I see the headphone is still listed as paired in the Remote & Accessories section but cannot connect from there. Short of removing the pairing and re-pair, does anyone know how to do this?
Old 04-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #819
Arch-Supremacy Member

which one better ah

Anytime, TCL. TCL is a TV marker, Xiaomi is a TV supplier.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #820

AMEX has a good promo on the samsung 65 inch btw
Old 04-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #821

Anyone know how to do this?

I have previously paired my headphone to the TCL C8, and it works properly. I have since also paired this headphone to my mobile. Today I try to reconnect back to the TV but just can't seems to find where to do this.

I see the headphone is still listed as paired in the Remote & Accessories section but cannot connect from there. Short of removing the pairing and re-pair, does anyone know how to do this?
try to disable the bluetooth on ur mobile and try if it connect to ur tv, could be the headphone connect to ur mobile 1st when its turned on, might be bcos of that ur tv can't connect to the headphone.

Last edited by osh6; 04-05-2020 at 05:40 PM..
Old 04-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #822

try to disable the bluetooth on ur mobile and try if it connect to ur tv, could be the headphone connect to ur mobile 1st when its turned on, might be bcos of that ur tv can't connect to the headphone.
Yes it connected to my mobile first, and I also did as you suggested to turn off bluetooth on my phone. The headphone still won't connect to the TV. In the end, I have to delete the pairing on the TV and re-pair.

Unless someone knows another method, it seems this is the only way.

Last edited by freezerz; 04-05-2020 at 08:49 PM..
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #823

Is it normal for Bluetooth volume to be in 65-75 range or is it just AirPods are soft.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:31 AM   #824

Yes it connected to my mobile first, and I also did as you suggested to turn off bluetooth on my phone. The headphone still won't connect to the TV. In the end, I have to delete the pairing on the TV and re-pair.

Unless someone knows another method, it seems this is the only way.
Need to unpair from phone then can pair to tv
Old 05-05-2020, 03:43 PM   #825

paiseh it should be,

digital audio out - Auto
And you get DD5.1 and DTS
Managed to install Kodi and play FHD and UHD with DTS/DTS-HD content via the external USB hard drive. All can play with sound but the image appear a lot darker, not as sharp, poor contrast and laggy. I suspect it is due to the low end 4 core processor and only 2G of RAM. When I play using the TV media player (I am quite sure it is native, not running in Android), FHD image is superb, and it recognises and decode HDR10 and Dolby Digital, it just cannot support DTS. It also make a mess on UHD content, the image will appear either stretched or flickering in the correct aspect ratio. I really hope TCL update the media player software for UHD content for the media player. Maybe someone can try to see if they face the same problem.

UHD content on Youtube and Netflix play really well. But again they on another compression algorithm and there were trade-off.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.