TCL TV discussion thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsingh

Reaction score
Anyone encounter this on your tcl tv. When turn off the tv, meaning sleep mode via remote n turn on , shows network not connected. If restart the tv then it’s ok. Normal turning on n off via the main switch don’t see this issue .

DarkAnGel007

Reaction score
in terms of C715, C815 and 55C8 which is more bang for bucks ?

Not using for gaming or console gaming...mostly for watching shows or tv for my family.

richcel

Reaction score
Hi, which TV model you install the APK on?

I tried 3.6.102 and 3.6.103 on my 55P8M, both only able to load the front page but screen went blank when click to watch show.

I’d install on all the 3 model P8M P8S and C8 all can work

You are using side load to launch the apk right?

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, which TV model you install the APK on?

I tried 3.6.102 and 3.6.103 on my 55P8M, both only able to load the front page but screen went blank when click to watch show.

I face the same issue

I’d install on all the 3 model P8M P8S and C8 all can work

You are using side load to launch the apk right?

sorry ah (me newbieee), can you explain on side load to launch the apk? Thanksssss a million

I use downloader app to get the apk, install the mewatch...

richcel

Reaction score
You have to install both xplorer and side load apps on your TV first, then save your meWATCH apk on a USB stick from your pc then connect to your tv

Launch your xplorer to install the meWATCH apk

Then you should be able to use side load apps to launch your meWATCH

verna42

Reaction score
Strange, i also did it the similar way. I use xplorer to install after downloading the meWatch apk using the tv browser. After that, i can launch the app but i see blank screen after clicking on the show. Maybe i'll try again using the USB stick way.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strange, i also did it the similar way. I use xplorer to install after downloading the meWatch apk using the tv browser. After that, i can launch the app but i see blank screen after clicking on the show. Maybe i'll try again using the USB stick way.

xplorer is from play store ?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think what he meant is QLED Vs LED, C71 / C81 Vs P8 / C6 / C8

Is QLED definitely superior than normal LED panels?

It also depend on which QLED maker. Nano cell is another name for QLED. Think this name is used by LG.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If keeping things constant, from the same maker like I mentioned ?

Keep in mind TCL does not product LCD panel. Panel come from another market. So is very hard to know if they come from same maker even same model but different batch.

This is no different even for those low end model of major maker.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have to install both xplorer and side load apps on your TV first, then save your meWATCH apk on a USB stick from your pc then connect to your tv

Launch your xplorer to install the meWATCH apk

Then you should be able to use side load apps to launch your meWATCH

Pro!!!! Thanks works now for me!!! Thanks

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
in terms of C715, C815 and 55C8 which is more bang for bucks ?

Not using for gaming or console gaming...mostly for watching shows or tv for my family.

In my humble opinion, TCL TVs are value for money when its price is <$600 for 55" and <$900 for 65" with Android TV platform.

Between C715, C815 and 55C8:

C715 - $789 (based on price from Carousell)
QLED, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, 5ghz WIFI, no built in soundbar
1 year warranty from seller (PI unit)

C815 - $949 (based on price from Carousell)
QLED, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, 5ghz WIFI, built in Onkyo soundbar

55C8 - $899 (based on price from Giant)
UHD, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, 5ghz WIFI, built in Onkyo soundbar
1 year parts and labour warranty from authorized dealer Alpha Visions. 2nd & 3rd year warranty on service only.

If I would have to choose one from the above, probably I would take the risk to buy from PI and get the C715. The reviews of the built in Onkyo soundbar are not very positive from what I have gathered from various forums.

Personally I bought the 50P8S at $599 and top up $250 to get a separate soundbar (Yamaha YAS-108). In my opinion the HDR performance of all these models will not differs much due to the limitation on the peak brightness of the panel (<350 nits) hence at the end of the day price would be one of the most important factor.

Last edited:

polygon500

Reaction score
I think there is another Carousell seller who sell slightly cheaper for C815 and C715 and offer 2 years warranty.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, TCL TVs are value for money when its price is <$600 for 55" and <$900 for 65" with Android TV platform.

Between C715, C815 and 55C8:

C715 - $789 (based on price from Carousell)
QLED, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, 5ghz WIFI, no built in soundbar

C815 - $949 (based on price from Carousell)
QLED, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, 5ghz WIFI, built in Onkyo soundbar

55C8 - $899 (based on price from Giant)
UHD, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, 5ghz WIFI, built in Onkyo soundbar
1 year parts and labour warranty from authorized dealer Alpha Visions. 2nd & 3rd year warranty on service only.

If I would have to choose one from the above, probably I would take the risk to buy from PI and get the C715. The reviews of the built in Onkyo soundbar are not very positive from what I have gathered from various forums.

Personally I bought the 50P8S at $599 and top up $250 to get a separate soundbar (Yamaha YAS-108). In my opinion the HDR performance of all these models will not differs much due to the limitation on the peak brightness of the panel (<350 nits) hence at the end of the day price would be one of the most important factor.

C715 has built in soundbar, but its a very very small 1 at the bottom and not branded like HK or Onkyo. Then again, i doubt the onkyo soundbar for C815 is fantasic. Rather get external sound system.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those model that come with soundbar attached got internal speakers also?

Yes, as long as specs says 2+2w or something similar. Could be downfiring or backfiring but dun expect anything good out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.