HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TCL TV discussion thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #1036

Hi. Is the Disney+ app on the Playstore yet? Anyone tried downloading?
How about from apkmirror ?
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/disney...-13-0-release/
stasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 10:08 PM   #1037

It's on the Playstore. Downloaded successfully.

How about from apkmirror ?
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/disney...-13-0-release/
genexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 03:26 AM   #1038
Master Member

Hi. Is the Disney+ app on the Playstore yet? Anyone tried downloading?

Available for download liao

Last edited by zeroflame; 25-02-2021 at 12:47 AM..
zeroflame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #1039

Giant has relisted TCL TVs on their online store
stonkogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2021, 11:48 PM   #1040

When I cast movies from my D+ app to the TV, my surrounds don't work and audio is soft especially dialogue.

But when I play the movie directly from the D+ android TV app, audio is fine
Rong626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #1041

I got my TCL 75R635 for about 2 weeks from Shopee. Just a quick review

It is US version using Roku TV. At the first installation, I cannot use the search or voice search. After some research, find out that you must register it in US. So, I VPN to US and create a new Roku account. Then, reset the TV and use the new US-based Roku account to activate it. I get back the search and voice search function. After the setup, you don't need to have VPN in order to use the search and voice search. It is just a strange limitation from Roku.

The TV is bright and colour is vivid. Sound is ok for normal viewing. If I watch movie, I will switch to use my AV receiver 5.1 speaker.

The eARC has small glitch. If you use the TV remote to adjust the volume of the receiver, the voice will stop for a fraction of a second. I ditched the eARC and use the plain old optical link cable to connect to the receiver. I encountered one time the voice go crazy, a system restart solved the problem. The cable management slot is too small, cannot fit all the cables (HDMI, optical link). End up using cable tie to manage the excess cables.

Roku TV is very US focus. You cannot sideload apps as well. Channels are limited to western. I still have my Mibox if I want to watch channels from China. Netflix works fine. Able to stream 4k. R635 also support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I have a Synology NAS. The DS Video app on Roku is no where near the quality of the DS Video app on Apple TV. I still prefer Android TV. If anyone find a way to flash Android TV, please let me know.
jjchsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #1042

It is US version using Roku TV. At the first installation, I cannot use the search or voice search. After some research, find out that you must register it in US. So, I VPN to US and create a new Roku account. Then, reset the TV and use the new US-based Roku account to activate it. I get back the search and voice search function.
How useful is the search and voice search? Just wondering since I have been using the r635 for a month and still haven't figure out how to setup a VPN to get the voice search function and casting function on the tv.
WatCult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 09:02 PM   #1043
High Supremacy Member

Giant has relisted TCL TVs on their online store
I just got trolled
Add to cart and all will appear OOS

Zzzzz
skytan13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #1044

It is US version using Roku TV. At the first installation, I cannot use the search or voice search. After some research, find out that you must register it in US. So, I VPN to US and create a new Roku account. Then, reset the TV and use the new US-based Roku account to activate it. I get back the search and voice search function. After the setup, you don't need to have VPN in order to use the search and voice search. It is just a strange limitation from Roku.

The TV is bright and colour is vivid. Sound is ok for normal viewing. If I watch movie, I will switch to use my AV receiver 5.1 speaker.

The eARC has small glitch. If you use the TV remote to adjust the volume of the receiver, the voice will stop for a fraction of a second. I ditched the eARC and use the plain old optical link cable to connect to the receiver. I encountered one time the voice go crazy, a system restart solved the problem. The cable management slot is too small, cannot fit all the cables (HDMI, optical link). End up using cable tie to manage the excess cables.

Roku TV is very US focus. You cannot sideload apps as well. Channels are limited to western. I still have my Mibox if I want to watch channels from China. Netflix works fine. Able to stream 4k. R635 also support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I have a Synology NAS. The DS Video app on Roku is no where near the quality of the DS Video app on Apple TV. I still prefer Android TV. If anyone find a way to flash Android TV, please let me know.
That's why I did not even consider 65R635 and went for the 65C715 instead. Android TV is good. Can download any apps and watch chinese or english movies and dramas.

Last edited by spencert; 25-02-2021 at 10:43 PM..
spencert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 11:16 PM   #1045

I just got trolled
Add to cart and all will appear OOS

Zzzzz
They have been doing this for weeks now. Easiest is to go down to store
maddyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #1046
Supremacy Member

What about us channels? Still need consistent VPN after first installation? Want to watch Disney plus using local subscription.
wiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 07:14 PM   #1047

Available for download liao[/QUOTE]

Hi, I don't see it on my Google Play store.

Also, my P715 (purchased on Lazada, seems to be Japanese version remote control) won't allow me to update firmware. I'm stuck on v132. When I put the the USB file, the system update doesn't recognize any update file. I've tried changing to *.img or Update.img but nothing works.

Anyone else have this problem?
deadkraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #1048
Supremacy Member

hey guys what's the warranty policy for tcl tv bought from giant? tcl don't even have a local website, can't find any info on it at all. or just assume no warranty?
d515s23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 09:57 PM   #1049
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey guys what's the warranty policy for tcl tv bought from giant? tcl don't even have a local website, can't find any info on it at all. or just assume no warranty?
no info, but the TV salesman should have given you the merchant's website at least.

http://alphavisions.sg/warranty-registration/
d515s23 likes this.
mryongtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 11:51 PM   #1050

i also have the 75inch R635 and i agree that the Roku TV is crap ...all the apps like made by kids and i cant seem to even find a search function in the channel store..i also use my mibox S most of the time but when netflix no choice if the content is atmos ...cause seems like Mibox S doesnt support atmos
tweety_piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.