LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #1

TCL TV discussion thread II [consolidated]

TCL Europe Webinar: Launch of C71 & C81 Series QLED TVs

35 minutes video

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#70f878177e88
Apex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #2

So many brands, models in the market, hardware specs, high nits for HDR and prices etc. For me I don't solely rely on their demo videos. Bring your own HDR movies and videos and personally try all the functions.
Apex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:05 PM   #3

giant imm & tamp restocked the 65p8s yesterday. got one today yay! price $888 huat ah. wanted to get the 65c8 but as a bro mentioned here below 1k to get more bang for buck!
hanafixinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:57 PM   #4

According to Jerry on Carousell the P8S does support Dolby Vision but I can't seem to get it to work on my Netflix.

Wondering if I should sideload the Netflix application.
genexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:13 PM   #5
X18
Master Member

According to Jerry on Carousell the P8S does support Dolby Vision but I can't seem to get it to work on my Netflix.

Wondering if I should sideload the Netflix application.
P8S does not support Dolby Vision. Only C8 supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
X18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:49 PM   #6

P8S does not support Dolby Vision. Only C8 supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
That's what I thought too. The Australian website says it does. I wonder if there a model variants.

Looks like Nvidia Shield is the way to go for Atmos passthrough.
genexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #7

Anyone know when 65c715 coming to singapore?
woftjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #8

I believe the official model for SG should be C716 which is a different colour but same TV.
polygon500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:26 PM   #9

Hi!
anyone bought the new model C815? I just bought the C815 .... anyone knows the recommended settings for the audio ? It sounds quite bad, audio very low and need to volume up above 60 to listen clearly. any idea? Seller will get back to me only next week shipment as he/she don't have any stock to try it out.
Nate_Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:55 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Hi!
anyone bought the new model C815? I just bought the C815 .... anyone knows the recommended settings for the audio ? It sounds quite bad, audio very low and need to volume up above 60 to listen clearly. any idea? Seller will get back to me only next week shipment as he/she don't have any stock to try it out.
How much you got it for and can give us your initial reviews of the picture quality?
Old 11-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #11

Is it the 55 or 65?
woftjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #12

Just bought the TCL 49 inch FHD tv. Anyone can share how u all adjust the picture? As in saturation, brightness all this adjust to which level?
yeowboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #13

Just bought the TCL 49 inch FHD tv. Anyone can share how u all adjust the picture? As in saturation, brightness all this adjust to which level?
This is called TV calibration or to calibrate your TV.

For this I make use of info at these two links:
https://calibracionhd.com/tv-calibra...fast-and-easy/
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-...ibrate-your-tv
The above Web pages have images that you can download & display on your TV to help with adjusting the TV settings.

If you think the above articles are talking nonsense, you can search/Google for yourself -- MANY (MANY) other Web sites/articles that discuss calibrating TV (settings).

I only use the info in the above Web links to quickly get the TV image close to recommended settings.

Then I'll fine tune (make minor adjustments) -- depending on my personal viewing preferences + lighting conditions at where I place the TV.

E.g. For me, I find that many TV calibrate guides on the Internet -- if followed exactly -- will end up w/ TV saturation a bit on the high side (i.e. colour a bit strong/intense). YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

After most TV calibration settings are done -- I usually end up lowering saturation a bit to suit my own viewing preferences. YMMV.

At the end of the day,
You just need to play around w/ the TV settings until the image on screen looks best/most natural to you. Simple.

Last edited by boonkang; 12-06-2020 at 04:18 PM..
boonkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #14

This is called TV calibration or to calibrate your TV.

For this I make use of info at these two links:
https://calibracionhd.com/tv-calibra...fast-and-easy/
https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/how-...ibrate-your-tv
The above Web pages have images that you can download & display on your TV to help with adjusting the TV settings.

If you think the above articles are talking nonsense, you can search/Google for yourself -- MANY (MANY) other Web sites/articles that discuss calibrating TV (settings).

I only use the info in the above Web links to quickly get the TV image close to recommended settings.

Then I'll fine tune (make minor adjustments) -- depending on my personal viewing preferences + lighting conditions at where I place the TV.

E.g. For me, I find that many TV calibrate guides on the Internet -- if followed exactly -- will end up w/ TV saturation a bit on the high side (i.e. colour a bit strong/intense). YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

After most TV calibration settings are done -- I usually end up lowering saturation a bit to suit my own viewing preferences. YMMV.

At the end of the day,
You just need to play around w/ the TV settings until the image on screen looks best/most natural to you. Simple.
Thank you for your detailed advice!! First time using this TV as my
Mum can’t bear to throw away the CRT type of tv haha
yeowboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:53 PM   #15

Hi!

I bought the C815 and had the same audio quality issue.

What I did was mess around with the sound presets and it sounded MUCH better.

I think you can try setting dialog enhancer to high. I forgot what the exact setting is. Dialog "something".
wooptydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.