HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

US netflix with vpn

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #1

US netflix with vpn

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but please direct me if im posting in the wrong thread.

Recently i just bought a 4k tv, hence i wanted to subscribe to US netflix UHD, which means i needed a vpn. But then after much googling, notice that i need to set the vpn dns on my router, then only i can enjoy US netflix contents. But the downside is, my wifi speed will be terribly reduced. So hor, how ah? Can anyone advice mah? Want watch US content with VPN but dont want fibre speed to be affected.

Thanks thanks
MasterChief86 likes this.
Old 18-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
Master Member

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but please direct me if im posting in the wrong thread.

Recently i just bought a 4k tv, hence i wanted to subscribe to US netflix UHD, which means i needed a vpn. But then after much googling, notice that i need to set the vpn dns on my router, then only i can enjoy US netflix contents. But the downside is, my wifi speed will be terribly reduced. So hor, how ah? Can anyone advice mah? Want watch US content with VPN but dont want fibre speed to be affected.

Thanks thanks
Netflix now can detect some vpn or DNS routing services and will block.
Try out first become you sign up.
wira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 02:19 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

use smart dns service then, those will not affect internet connectivity speeds (it's not wifi speeds that is being affected by VPN).
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

use smart dns service then, those will not affect internet connectivity speeds (it's not wifi speeds that is being affected by VPN).
Any good recommendations?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #5

DNS doesn't work anymore (since a yr ago). They also say DNS doesn't reduce your netflix speed; it's does.

Best VPN that works is ExpressVPN. You'll have to use a router to set up VPN for all connections, or if your TV has VPN setup (doubtful).
Kiasuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

DNS doesn't work anymore (since a yr ago). They also say DNS doesn't reduce your netflix speed; it's does.

not true, you just need to find one that still works.
Old 19-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #7

not true, you just need to find one that still works.
I've tried all the major ones. Some can work on browser, some can work on Android. Not seen one that works for everything like how VPN does. Plus they're quite a bit slower too.
Old 19-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

how is nordvpn? does it work for netflix?
Old 19-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #9

D
Best VPN that works is ExpressVPN. You'll have to use a router to set up VPN for all connections, or if your TV has VPN setup (doubtful).
+1
I have ExpressVPN set up on my Asus router using their router firmware download.
Savage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've tried all the major ones. Some can work on browser, some can work on Android. Not seen one that works for everything like how VPN does. Plus they're quite a bit slower too.
you just haven't tried the right one, doesn't mean there isn't any out there today. and smart DNS service is not slower in streaming than VPN, VPN is where there is a potential slow down in streaming speed, whereas for smart DNS streaming speed is not affected (i.e. dependent on your ISP only).
Old 20-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #11

you just haven't tried the right one, doesn't mean there isn't any out there today. and smart DNS service is not slower in streaming than VPN, VPN is where there is a potential slow down in streaming speed, whereas for smart DNS streaming speed is not affected (i.e. dependent on your ISP only).
Possible to share what's the one that is working then?

I get it technically that DNS is faster than VPN, and while technically true (and advertised as such), they weren't remotely true in my use cases.
Old 20-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
Old 21-01-2018, 12:24 AM   #13

This is one of the major ones that I have (lifetime membership some more), doesn't work for me, only for browser. Is it working for you? This was consistently slow for me too, similar situation as the link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NetflixByPr...smartdnsproxy/
Old 21-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is one of the major ones that I have (lifetime membership some more), doesn't work for me, only for browser. Is it working for you? This was consistently slow for me too, similar situation as the link below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NetflixByPr...smartdnsproxy/
working fine, configured via router, so works across all devices. no streaming speed issue, I regularly watch 4K HDR content on Netflix and Amazon.
Old 21-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #15

working fine, configured via router, so works across all devices. no streaming speed issue, I regularly watch 4K HDR content on Netflix and Amazon.
Can share how 2 configure in router? Considering 2 get it if it works on Netflix & amazon. Currently haf amazon but most programs canít watch. Itís says not available in my country..
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.