Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any bro can help give me the dimension of the shipping carton box for the 4A 65"? reason is i somehow need to get a transport for collection from my friend house and I dont drive

our set is at custom now but will be delivered to his place so i need to get a transport for my set to my place

boH7TRX.png

nannan82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jus got my mitv4 for 1 week... damn amazing tv I must say,for the price I paid.. the sound system is also good!

fishistheice

Reaction score
Mi TV 4 digital coaxial audio out?

I'm thinking of purchasing the Mi TV 4 (either 55" or 65"), but I want to buy my own soundbar instead of getting Xiaomi's soundbar / sound system.

Can anyone confirm that the TV has a coaxial digital audio output and would be compatible with a soundbar with coaxial digital audio input? Or does it have any other means of connecting to a non-Xiaomi soundbar? Thanks

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing the Mi TV 4 (either 55" or 65"), but I want to buy my own soundbar instead of getting Xiaomi's soundbar / sound system.

Can anyone confirm that the TV has a coaxial digital audio output and would be compatible with a soundbar with coaxial digital audio input? Or does it have any other means of connecting to a non-Xiaomi soundbar? Thanks

Don't risk it. I have a 65" mitv 4a, have a Samsung soundbar that supports 7 different types of input including coaxial, spdif, aux, hdmi arc etc all cannot. Even bought a converter.

Bought xiaomi soundbar and it works perfect. The sound is really good for the price point also. (vs my Samsung soundbar which costed $700+, it's even better).

Take note tho, xiaomi soundbar has its own xiaomi tv OS embedded inside, so u have to navigate thru two layers of xiaomi tv OS, it's quite confusing for newbie.

U cannot use an IR xiaomi remote also because it will trigger both the TV and soundbar, gotta use Bluetooth xiaomi remote 😅

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Jus got my mitv4 for 1 week... damn amazing tv I must say,for the price I paid.. the sound system is also good!

For your soundbar, does it have its own separate mitv OS? I got mine working but it's like mitv OS inception

fishistheice

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply jackycar. The Carousell seller is offering a soundbar which connects by Bluetooth, so am I correct in thinking I could use any soundbar which connects via Bluetooth?

fishistheice

Reaction score
Don't risk it. I have a 65" mitv 4a, have a Samsung soundbar that supports 7 different types of input including coaxial, spdif, aux, hdmi arc etc all cannot. Even bought a converter.

Interesting, the TV has a S/PDIF coaxial port right? I wonder what it is for if it doesn't seem to actually work...

Last edited:

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score

Bought xiaomi soundbar and it works perfect. The sound is really good for the price point also. (vs my Samsung soundbar which costed $700+, it's even better).

Take note tho, xiaomi soundbar has its own xiaomi tv OS embedded inside, so u have to navigate thru two layers of xiaomi tv OS, it's quite confusing for newbie.

U cannot use an IR xiaomi remote also because it will trigger both the TV and soundbar, gotta use Bluetooth xiaomi remote 😅

Interesting, what do you mean cannot? So many inputs all no sound?
I plan to reuse a old Samsung sound bar.

Anyway where did you buy the xiaomi sound bar from?

Also which Bluetooth remote you are referring to?

seansin

Reaction score

The Mi TV4 (not 4A) 65" comes with the soundbar system as that is the core system where all the I/O connections are located. The TV panel is just a panel.

Last edited:

seansin

Reaction score
Watch Free to Air Channel

For those who got the TV4/4A and want to watch FTA channels like CH5, CNA, etc, you can get the MyGica PT360 USB DVB-T2 tuner.

You will need need to get a microUSB to USB adaptor for the USB tuner.

The PadTV HD app for this tuner is not good as it has video and audio synchronisation issue.

The solution I found was to use the app named "Aerial TV - DVB-T Reciever". This app is available on Google Playstore and Amazon Appstore.

Since there is no Google playstore in MiTV4, I installed Amazon Appstore on my smartphone and installed the Aerial TV app and the DVB-T driver. Then I copied out the Amazon Appstore, Aeria TV and DVB-T driver apks out and sideloaded them to MiTV.

The Aerial TV app has a 30min trial time for you to test out the app. If you are happy with it, you can purchased it.

I'm using this App right now. Happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.