Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What apk you use to do that? I know original youtube cannot be used unless one can log in.

I using the safari as watching Korea drama web link I expand to full screen and den click mirroring , also the YouTube on iPad. Strangely today can airplay no issue

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If mi TV breakdown and needs repair how to do so?
Very keen to buy but cautious because lack of warranty and service center

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi does not have built-in digital TV player for local station but one can use Cloud TV as alternative..the other alternative is to buy another digital TV box cost less than $30/= from Lazada, Q0010 or Aliexpress

https://tinyurl.com/ybcsy6qv

Why not doing other way round. Buy a 4K TV (also give you 3 years warranty coverage) then use a Xiaomi STB. If firmware screw up, all you loss os the STB.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Why not doing other way round. Buy a 4K TV (also give you 3 years warranty coverage) then use a Xiaomi STB. If firmware screw up, all you loss os the STB.

It will depend on what one is looking for.. If just for streaming and video, a set top box may be compatible or even cheaper in terms of price. If one is looking for picture and sound quality and other features such as one remote control and other remote controlling facilities, a smart TV will be a better choice. There are various combination of smart TV one can choose from; moreover, a smart TV is not more expensive than ordinary TV plus setup box. Set top boxes also have hardware and firmware problem.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score

Good to source around as Xiaomi TV only offer 1 year warranty and faulty set has to be shipped back to China for repair.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will depend on what one is looking for.. If just for streaming and video, a set top box may be compatible or even cheaper in terms of price. If one is looking for picture and sound quality and other features such as one remote control and other remote controlling facilities, a smart TV will be a better choice. There are various combination of smart TV one can choose from; moreover, a smart TV is not more expensive than ordinary TV plus setup box. Set top boxes also have hardware and firmware problem.

How do you defined a smart TV. I happen to have a recent smart TV brand plus Xiaomi STB. Both control via one remote control.

Price portion, it depend on how each calculate. Not to forget buying a Xiaomi is what I term as nett nett price. In many case, your Xiaomi "TV" may not even covered under any warranty.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Warranty and service center is out of question unless Mi Home finally decided to import them and sell it locally. If just the electronic parts other then panel. You may be able to get it from Taobao. Many second hand Xiaomi parts there. But caution (especially controller) is firmware may be chinese version, any you have to DIY.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
How do you defined a smart TV. I happen to have a recent smart TV brand plus Xiaomi STB. Both control via one remote control.

Price portion, it depend on how each calculate. Not to forget buying a Xiaomi is what I term as nett nett price. In many case, your Xiaomi "TV" may not even covered under any warranty.

Depend on where you buy your Xiaomi TV.. mine has 1 year warranty.. It broke down after 6 months and they replaced one for me. It is not uncommon for most to own a smart TV and a settop box.. I have a AC Ryan to watch western movies and a Xiaomi TV to watch Chinese movies

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Warranty and service center is out of question unless Mi Home finally decided to import them and sell it locally. If just the electronic parts other then panel. You may be able to get it from Taobao. Many second hand Xiaomi parts there. But caution (especially controller) is firmware may be chinese version, any you have to DIY.

Most Xiaomi TV here are direct imported from China. Xiaomi TV do not have overseas model.. not sure about Mi India. From what I know, the Indian Xiaomi TV are having Chinese firmware too except locally upgraded. The limitation of not able to play Google service still remains; meaning, not an overseas model like their settop boxes.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most Xiaomi TV here are direct imported from China. Xiaomi TV do not have overseas model.. not sure about Mi India. From what I know, the Indian Xiaomi TV are having Chinese firmware too except locally upgraded. The limitation of not able to play Google service still remains; meaning, not an overseas model like their settop boxes.

Not only that. Many contain are actually VPN without copy right agreement. You never know when authority will make decision to tighten up (already happen in Hong Kong). Once this happen, you Xiaomi smart TV basically become a monitor.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Not only that. Many contain are actually VPN without copy right agreement. You never know when authority will make decision to tighten up (already happen in Hong Kong). Once this happen, you Xiaomi smart TV basically become a monitor.
One does not need VPN to watch the movies in Xiaomi TV. Only a change in the DNS address. For the special VIP program or new movies, a subscription will be required.. just watch those without subscription.. few thousands of them..I watch the Chinese drama serial in Xiaomi TV because it is easier to navigate..

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
One does not need VPN to watch the movies in Xiaomi TV. Only a change in the DNS address. For the special VIP program or new movies, a subscription will be required.. just watch those without subscription.. few thousands of them..I watch the Chinese drama serial in Xiaomi TV because it is easier to navigate..
Just found out that they blocked the old DNS address.. happened before.. waiting for new ones.. meanwhile use VPN

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Just found out that they blocked the old DNS address.. happened before.. waiting for new ones.. meanwhile use VPN
It is youku that banned the DNS. It will happen to all smart devices including TV box, smart phones etc.. Not only Xiaomi TV.. the alternative is to use Shafa, CIBN and many other video platform

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Is those programs that allow you to watch movie do the VPN for you. Not from your setup.
You get the same navigation thru Xiaomi STB anyway.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is youku that banned the DNS. It will happen to all smart devices including TV box, smart phones etc.. Not only Xiaomi TV.. the alternative is to use Shafa, CIBN and many other video platform

That's. It Sll depand on when these location will get block due to copy right contain.

ilikemilo

Reaction score
Just bought a xiaomi 4c 50" tv yesterday but I have a existing wall mounted sony tv..can I ask for suggestions for unmounting the existing bracket? Plus how did u guys wall mount your new xiaomi tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.