Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Would it b able 2 pass Atmos/dts:x using its internal media player 2 avr via arc?

Don't expect Xiaomi to have such advanced audio playing.. many even have difficulties hooking up external audio players using built in HDMI/ARC.. this is a budget TV with many features omitted especially those required licensing cost.

guni_man

Reaction score
How is the picture quality of the TV 4? Are the Samsung/LG panels used of a few generations behind?
How many secs from power on to "ready to view" mode?

Hunting for a 75", was originally interested in Sony 8500 series 75inch at about 5k, but TV 4 75 is half the price.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Don't expect Xiaomi to have such advanced audio playing.. many even have difficulties hooking up external audio players using built in HDMI/ARC.. this is a budget TV with many features omitted especially those required licensing cost.
Guess haf 2 look elsewhere thanks

LexusIS

Reaction score

Managed to hook Sony sound bar/woofer thru HDMI Arc to my tv. But took a while. But notice that if I switch on my TV box ddr2 before switching on the mi TV. My soundbar will not autoswitch on and also produce no sound.

Not sure why, maybe the TV recognise the tv box connected thru HDMI as a speaker instead.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Managed to hook Sony sound bar/woofer thru HDMI Arc to my tv. But took a while. But notice that if I switch on my TV box ddr2 before switching on the mi TV. My soundbar will not autoswitch on and also produce no sound.

Not sure why, maybe the TV recognise the tv box connected thru HDMI as a speaker instead.

There are complaints that Xiaomi TV's HDMI/ARC does not work mainly because only one HDMI has ARC (Think it is HDMI1 or HDMI3) that will work. then there are also complaints that the setting does not stick i.e one would have to set the setting every time turning on the TV. Some suggested that one should leave other HDMI empty and not connected. many gave up and use SPDIF instead. Not sure if Xiaomi has this improved

Last edited:

LexusIS

Reaction score
There are complaints that Xiaomi TV's HDMI/ARC does not work mainly because only one HDMI has ARC (Think it is HDMI1 or HDMI3) that will work. then there are also complaints that the setting does not stick i.e one would have to set the setting every time turning on the TV. Some suggested that one should leave other HDMI empty and not connected. many gave up and use SPDIF instead. Not sure if Xiaomi has this improved

Don’t need to redo settings for me which sticks, even though it took me a while to set it up. But once I installed the free DDR2 TV box, it jams up my sound bar/woofer if I switch it on before I switch on the TV.

The workaround is to switch on the TV box after the TV is switched on and switch off tv box before shutting TV down. Took me a while to troubleshoot as I thought problem lies with Soundbar.

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score

Most TVs only have one HDMI port with the ARC function. Even $10000 TVs.. nothing special.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
The sound bar connection problem also happened in other TV brands; may not be totally due to Xiaomi design as there are different version of sound connection and many are confused and does not know how to connect and activate the function..

zwc19871011

Reaction score
I just saw Q10 side the TV is able to drop the price for about $100 for spending over $800 on Q10 side, just bought a XiaoMi TV 4 over there.

Those who want to get it, this might be a good time for you to buy one home.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just saw Q10 side the TV is able to drop the price for about $100 for spending over $800 on Q10 side, just bought a XiaoMi TV 4 over there.

Those who want to get it, this might be a good time for you to buy one home.

Can pm link? Thanks. Qoo10 still 30-50% more. Ex than tb

Last edited:

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opss...last night 12am hoot ler.
4X @ 2299

4S price was pretty stiff @2999 (difference of 700 or 1/4 )
never drop much

Maybe clearing the other models..
440 sgd for 55inch TV? Wow that's cheap! But how u arrange shipment? And how much was shipping

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
440 sgd for 55inch TV? Wow that's cheap! But how u arrange shipment? And how much was shipping

lol..i use company container..

But always can use 3rd party..but risk is ownself take lo.

THere is one at the Taobao thread iirc.
100 +- per cbm before gst

jazzz

Reaction score

Just ship a 4A 55" via 888ocean, expect to reach by mid October. For TV 0.31cbm added some other stuff to make it to between 0.4-0.5 cbm at $59 for the free delivery.But remember to have the TV crate.
Screenshot_20180929-135025.jpg

Last edited:

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just ship a 4A 55" via 888ocean, expect to reach by mid October. For TV 0.31cbm added some other stuff to make it to between 0.4-0.5 cbm at $59 for the free delivery.But remember to have the TV crate.
Screenshot_20180929-135025.jpg
Alww the seller to pack a TV crate? Or the shipping company? Any additional fees?

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
HDMI ARC is not quite perfect; afterall, it is a recent technology still under development. Presently, the proper working will depend on whether the TV or the source are able to decipher the sound information send by the content provider and transmit the signal properly to the amplifiers or sound boxes.

Those who wanted to know about how to connect their amplifiers or sound boxes to Xiaomi TV4 can consult this ariticle. Think this is applicable also for other models such 4A,C,S or X

https://tinyurl.com/ycba5gg5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.