HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #136
Supremacy Member

What the point of getting 75 inch when you can get 2 55inch with it
1 enjoyable huge immersive TV outweighs 2 puny screens both of which are not immersive.

Sent from Sent From My landed Property using GAGT
Panerai88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #137
High Supremacy Member

Anyone know 75 inch screen is oled or led ?
billovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #138

Anyone know 75 inch screen is oled or led ?
Xiaomi Tv has no Oled tv.
eaphla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #139

Think carefully..
As i mentioned in the other threads..
1 year warranty is as good as none!
Btw, HDMI ARC has never been working on the any brands Audio system
If one read between the lines about warranty period, most offer only 1 full year on parts and workmanship. For the rest of the remaining period, only covers workmanship unless one is willing to take up additional years of warranty..

HDMI ARC should work if one has the HDMI version 1.4 cables. Earlier version does not have the extra cable for ARC connection or having the ARC pin shorted to earth. Most TV cannot play properly when thye have other devices also connected up with other HDMI ports as they might be competing the use of the ARC controls.
pcuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #140

Is there a setting on xiaomi tv 4a to turn on to the TV channels or HDMI when turning on the tv instead of having to manually select it on the menu screen each time it is turned on?
If yours is the original version and not the Pro version, one could set the default input to TV or HDMI using the control under the common setting

Old 01-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #141

May i know is there anyway to connect the 4s to sonos playbar? or technically its not possible cos of the optical cable?
One can connect to Xiaomi in many ways.. here is an article..

http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/...onnection.html
Old 01-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #142

Anyone know why does it keep saying error when i tried to open shafa market and it keeps redirecting me to Aptoide?
Try clearing the Cache and history record using its default cleaner..do a soft reset if necessary

http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/...-recovery.html
Old 02-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #143
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone managed to get starhubgo app working in mitv 4a?

everytime i tried to open Live tv, i get a black screen. On demand works fine though
junkai21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #144

anyone managed to get starhubgo app working in mitv 4a?

everytime i tried to open Live tv, i get a black screen. On demand works fine though
Don't think they have apk available for Android TV,, anyway, the review on Starhub Go app is not good..try contacting their CSM for assistance..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llReviews=true
Old 02-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #145

MI TV 4 USB external storage

Hi All
I am trying to use a USB pendrive / thumbdrive to store Kodi userdata content. The userdata content is eating up too much internal memory and there is a documented way how to an external memory card or drive for this content and configure Kodi accordingly.

But for some reason MI TV 4 does not seem to allow me to copy anything from the internal storage to the USB drive. I am using ES File Explorer and getting a "operation failed" error whenever I try to create a folder or copy files to the USB drive.

I have searched high and low but have not found a thread or information on the net so I am hoping I am just making a simple and obvious mistake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M
martinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #146

Hi All
I am trying to use a USB pendrive / thumbdrive to store Kodi userdata content. The userdata content is eating up too much internal memory and there is a documented way how to an external memory card or drive for this content and configure Kodi accordingly.

But for some reason MI TV 4 does not seem to allow me to copy anything from the internal storage to the USB drive. I am using ES File Explorer and getting a "operation failed" error whenever I try to create a folder or copy files to the USB drive.

I have searched high and low but have not found a thread or information on the net so I am hoping I am just making a simple and obvious mistake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M
Try to use the "move" command in ES File Explorer as APKs files have been successfully "moved" from the TV's backup folders to the google drive. The same should work on thumbdrive if selected

https://tinyurl.com/ycpm2tcl
Old 03-12-2018, 01:17 AM   #147

Thanks for the quick response.

Another step was required - the app needed to be authorized for write access to the thumb drive.

I am able to copy/move all my content to the drive now.

But it seems that there is no entry in the /mnt or /storage directory that links to the thumb drive so it seems impossible to point Kodi to the new userdata directory on the external drive.

ES Explorer seems to refer to the drive as usb://abc/etc which is obviously not a valid file system descriptor.

Did anyone else here succeed in moving and accessing Kodi user data to a usb drive on a MI 4 TV?
martinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 AM   #148

Thanks for the quick response.

Another step was required - the app needed to be authorized for write access to the thumb drive.

I am able to copy/move all my content to the drive now.

But it seems that there is no entry in the /mnt or /storage directory that links to the thumb drive so it seems impossible to point Kodi to the new userdata directory on the external drive.

ES Explorer seems to refer to the drive as usb://abc/etc which is obviously not a valid file system descriptor.

Did anyone else here succeed in moving and accessing Kodi user data to a usb drive on a MI 4 TV?
KODI has peculiar way to handle external storage. The suggested way to handle the problem is to let KODI shared storage with external storage devices by changing the setting using the following command : Settings > Apps > Kodi > Storage used and selecting Internal shared storage. Make sure your external hard disk can handle USB 3.0 so as not to slow down the transfer speed.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:47 AM   #149

How to change to English and download YouTube
xorionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:13 AM   #150

How to change to English and download YouTube
use smartyoutube..
https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/en/
launm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.