Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyways to install English OS? I saw Qoo10 got sell global English OS sets

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

Yes, can be converted to English using an app. The new global version will come native with English OS

igniz12000

Reaction score
Good time to buy one now? Looking at 32inch for the bedroom. Most likely use for youtube and maybe but not too sure yet connect to the PC also.

Will starhub set top box connect ok? Can get for $180 on qoo10, seems worth it.

konoha

Reaction score
I bought 32" smart TV from Qoo10 (MiniHelpersSG), from 10.10 till now oso haven delivery sio.. what should i do?

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought 32" smart TV from Qoo10 (MiniHelpersSG), from 10.10 till now oso haven delivery sio.. what should i do?

Unless they have stock ready; otherwise, has to import from overseas. Taking up to 2 weeks or more is quite possible in that case.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi 4S 4k smart tv

Costs less than sgd 325 / usd 240

l3SU5vc.jpg

The 43inch version comes with quad core a53, mali 450 gpu, 1GB ram. supports netflix, kodi and youtube
NffjPsG.jpg

No problem using as a computer monitor, displaying 4k resolution.
fp0ALBs.jpg

remember to enable cec and hdmi 2.0 or it will just be upscaled 1080p signal
4juWs6K.jpg

Last edited:

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Netflix doesn't work in my mi tv 4s, kept getting error 0013, any way to fix it?

Sent from PM me if u need $5 Rebatemango Referral Cashback! using GAGT

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Netflix doesn't work in my mi tv 4s, kept getting error 0013, any way to fix it?

Where do you get the Netflix Apps from? As MiTV is not certified by Netflix, only modded version or the old version can play on MiTV

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stream anime with subtitle
Cv8xv8g.jpg

Supports 4k 10bit hevc streaming!

ceVby8s.jpg

uu4Zu2l.jpg

Last edited:

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you get the Netflix Apps from? As MiTV is not certified by Netflix, only modded version or the old version can play on MiTV
It was pre-installed inside

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
This is 2019 model
Sorry i dun really get. But is this model certified by google ie with playstore youtube etc? Or just preinstalled but cannot update later?

It is the new Global MiTV imported from Hong Kong..It works just like MiBOX S. It has a Google Android TV OS and also a built-in Google Chrome unlike its other cousins sold in China and where we all got our MiTV before. It comes with English narration and can change to other languages. It can play Youtube and has playstore but many other popular programs like KODI, Amazon Prime etc, will have to be separately installed from other sources ; unlike MiBox S, this MiTV is not Netflix certified and therefore has to use modded version which will work the same. Can read some reviews here

https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2018/07/difference-between-various-xiaomi-tv4.html#newmitv5

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is 2019 model
Sorry i dun really get. But is this model certified by google ie with playstore youtube etc? Or just preinstalled but cannot update later?

it came with goggle play installed as global rom. Since it cheap just bought it for use. Till date i not having any issue with youtube.

The most can just download apk & install through the usb.

hwsv07

Reaction score
It is the new Global MiTV imported from Hong Kong..It works just like MiBOX S. It has a Google Android TV OS and also a built-in Google Chrome unlike its other cousins sold in China and where we all got our MiTV before. It comes with English narration and can change to other languages. It can play Youtube and has playstore but many other popular programs like KODI, Amazon Prime etc, will have to be separately installed from other sources ; unlike MiBox S, this MiTV is not Netflix certified and therefore has to use modded version which will work the same. Can read some reviews here

https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2018/07/difference-between-various-xiaomi-tv4.html#newmitv5

thanks. i thought if have playstore - can just download netflix and use?

if use modded version, meaning only 720p...right?

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks. i thought if have playstore - can just download netflix and use?

if use modded version, meaning only 720p...right?

Exactly 850x480, slightly above 720p, Not too bad as shown here

https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2019/04/playing-netflix-movies-in-xiaomi-tv4.html

Cannot complain as it is a budget TV unless one is willing to pay for the licensing and other bells and whistles etc..Almost all the Chinese made TV are not netflix certified although they have Google Play Store. Can only play Netflix modded version although they came together with the set.

Just get a MiBox S at another $75/=, one will have the bells and whistles.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly 850x480, slightly above 720p, Not too bad as shown here

Just get a MiBox S at another $75/=, one will have the bells and whistles.

480p = 480 x 858 it is also known as SD

720p = 720 x 1280

720p has 2 times the pixels compared to 850x480

if not using netflix certified device, the most you can get is 480p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.