Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VI [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi ! Could be silly question. Pardon me.

I'm reading up on HDMI ARC. For all the diagram I've seen, they connect a HDMI device and then draw a return sound path to the device from the TV (left). Or, they draw a forward sound path (right). Like this:

Difference-HDMI-ARC2.jpg

So I wonder if I connect a soundbar to the TV and watch digital TV programs (where there are no other HDMI devices involved), would the sound be sent to the soundbar ?

Thanks very much !!!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Set up the TV and quality is really not bad for $381. Got some backlight bleeding but still decent. IPS screen is vibrant enough but HDR mode is cui, had to turn it off.

IMG-20201123-221632.jpg

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks!

For those who already have a soundbar pair with your xiaomi tv.

Is there any latency experienced between the video played and the output of sound when using bluetooth as the connectivity?

Thanks in advance!:s12:

You connect sound bar to TV via Bluetooth?

VideoOne2

Reaction score

I'm reading up on HDMI ARC. For all the diagram I've seen, they connect a HDMI device and then draw a return sound path to the device from the TV (left). Or, they draw a forward sound path (right). Like this:

Difference-HDMI-ARC2.jpg

So I wonder if I connect a soundbar to the TV and watch digital TV programs (where there are no other HDMI devices involved), would the sound be sent to the soundbar ?

Thanks very much !!!

Yes the TV will send audio (via the red ARC cable) to the sound bar.

You can connect additional HDMI sources directly to the TV and the ARC will also send the audio to the sound bar.

jin4uan

Reaction score
Set up the TV and quality is really not bad for $381. Got some backlight bleeding but still decent. IPS screen is vibrant enough but HDR mode is cui, had to turn it off.

After reading your post and went to check mine. Found a spot bleeding backlight at the lower part of the screen. Is it normal and just have accept it?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading your post and went to check mine. Found a spot bleeding backlight at the lower part of the screen. Is it normal and just have accept it?

This is part of IPS design iirc. Just a matter of how jialat. Besides, warranty do not cover backlight bleeding.

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Yes to your qn.

Also, channel everything to your TV. thats why I prefer my TV to have at least 3 HDMI inputs. I connect my PC, my entertainment system (thru ARC) and 1 more perhaps TV box or game console....

so this way, everything that is played on TV will have its audio automatically played on my sound system through ARC

Difference-HDMI-ARC2.jpg

Thanks very much !!!

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think its samsung hw-m360. Abit troublesome to connect thru optical and need to run the wire through my feature wall. Sound quality better if using optical as compare to bt?

I'm looking for a sound bar myself, so I don't know. I understand bluetooth potentially can have delays and also you need to turn it on. I'm thinking of getting Creative Stage which has HDMI Arc, and save the trouble in handling the soundbar volume and on/off.

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder is anyone has set up the TV for karaoke using app ? What mic to use ? Bluetooth ?

Has anyone also set up the TV for conference ? eg Zoom ?

Can play games on the TV also ?

Thanks for any suggestions / advice.

jin4uan

Reaction score
I'm looking for a sound bar myself, so I don't know. I understand bluetooth potentially can have delays and also you need to turn it on. I'm thinking of getting Creative Stage which has HDMI Arc, and save the trouble in handling the soundbar volume and on/off.

Just tried optical, sound way softer as compared to BT. Guess I stick to BT then.

What do you mean by soundbar need to on/off? So far my no need to do anything to the soundbar, seems very much auto..

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried optical, sound way softer as compared to BT. Guess I stick to BT then.

What do you mean by soundbar need to on/off? So far my no need to do anything to the soundbar, seems very much auto..

oh, ok. I have 2 BT headset, one will auto-off, the other, I have to manually switch off. So once switched off, have to switch on. I guess the soundbar is always switched on ?

Good that you've tried and found the better option. :)

Wander

Reaction score
Not soundbar but Bluetooth headphones - no lag if directly connected to tv... but got lag if connected to a Bluetooth transmitter via headphone jack. Very slight lag, less than 0.5 seconds...

Thanks! Yep I notice mine has slight lag as well. Was worrying it may too happen to the sound bar as well. Probably gonna connect directly to the tv instead :D

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has this problem?

Connect via 3.5mm headphone jack to external speaker. Sound can be outputted from the external speaker.

BUT

Once the external speaker is powered OFF, sound does not come out from TV speaker. I need to unplug the 3.5mm audio cable from behind the TV before sound will come out from TV speaker.

In short, as long as there is 3.5mm audio jack plugged into the back of the TV, the TV will always try to output audio to the external speaker (regardless the speaker is powered on or not)

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has this problem?

Connect via 3.5mm headphone jack to external speaker. Sound can be outputted from the external speaker.

BUT

Once the external speaker is powered OFF, sound does not come out from TV speaker. I need to unplug the 3.5mm audio cable from behind the TV before sound will come out from TV speaker.

In short, as long as there is 3.5mm audio jack plugged into the back of the TV, the TV will always try to output audio to the external speaker (regardless the speaker is powered on or not)

Think this is the normal behaviour of the 3.5mm audio jack. The signal is one way only. When it's plug into the TV, it will cut off the signal to the internal speaker... just like your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.