HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread VI [consolidated]

Like Tree303Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #1006

can consider propping up ur TV slightly using those rubber/silicone pads, or even those that people installed at the feet of their furniture works too, it should bring the TV up by another 1cm or 2cm (although may not look the most pleasing on ur eye)
I'm thinking of doing that now. I need to get a stable base to raise the TV.
GoodBetterBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #1007

6. use below app instead of youtube:
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

I have some questions:

1. is there are dedicated key (or combination of keys, not marked on the remote) which I can press to mute the TV without having to press volume down all the way ?

2. is there an app which I use to record Live TV and also do scheduled recording ?

3. If I don't use Prime Video (or Netflix), the 2 button are useless, right ? I cannot reprogram to other apps like YouTube or MX Player.

4. Anyone tried play video from a NAS ? Which app is good to do that ?

5. Sideloading Mewatch. Can I extract the apk from my Redmi to load on the TV ? Or I need to download from somewhere ?

6. I selected English & Chinese at the System level but inside the YouTube app, it does not give me the option to type Chinese. Any idea ?

7. Once in a while, when watching TV, I get this getting data message on the screen and does not go away. I need to change channel to get rid of it. Any idea why ? How to prevent ?

Thanks very much in advance !
bumperbee likes this.
fromnuaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #1008
High Supremacy Member

When there are disputes, if I suspect the seller is not going to be responsive or they have an upperhand, I will open a case with the platform (eg shopee, etc) to monitor. If the product is defective, the route is not the same as warranty, which is for you to bring into service centre (but it depends on the T&Cs and the situation). Make sure you make a convincing video and share with platform.

If this is defective, I think they need to send one to your home and collect this back (situation depends on whether local / os sellers but this is local. I think some os sellers just collect back and refund).

My 2 cents.
Agree. A full refund would be ideal. If not, ask nicely for a 1-1 exchange.
bumperbee likes this.
matrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #1009
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have some questions:

1. is there are dedicated key (or combination of keys, not marked on the remote) which I can press to mute the TV without having to press volume down all the way ?

2. is there an app which I use to record Live TV and also do scheduled recording ?

3. If I don't use Prime Video (or Netflix), the 2 button are useless, right ? I cannot reprogram to other apps like YouTube or MX Player.

4. Anyone tried play video from a NAS ? Which app is good to do that ?

5. Sideloading Mewatch. Can I extract the apk from my Redmi to load on the TV ? Or I need to download from somewhere ?

6. I selected English & Chinese at the System level but inside the YouTube app, it does not give me the option to type Chinese. Any idea ?

7. Once in a while, when watching TV, I get this getting data message on the screen and does not go away. I need to change channel to get rid of it. Any idea why ? How to prevent ?

Thanks very much in advance !
1. Don't have leh... I also would like one but don't have... the volume keys not bad, pressing down runs the volume level down to zero quite quickly but not instant... I usually leave my TV on some menu instead of free to air channel to prevent a sound surge when the TV comes on lor...

2. Sorry can't help with this...

3. I don't think so... I also don't use those two buttons... to reprogramme... wah quite high level leh...

4. I use VLC to play back video files from my hard disk on my desktop PC... if it is the same thing... quite easy to use, and nothing very technical beyond sharing a folder from my hard disk. I presume your NAS will be on the same network as your TV so should be quite easy too... VLC has lots of different 'presets' of sorts for you to locate your files either locally or on the network... very user friendly...

5. I tried sideloading the app I downloaded from APKPure and it installs fine. Loads fine but just can't playback anything. Clicking anything will cause the app to crash... I will try another version from APK Mirror... seems more updated...

6. Never tried... sorry...

7. Actually I always get the "Getting Data" notice when I watch CNA (which is about the only free to air channel I watch). Even flipping to another channel doesn't make it go away... for my case, I have to call up all Channels menu, select each channel one by one, then go back to CNA and the notice will go away... I think it's kind of loading the data for each channel, which does seem to upload to the TV rather slowly... it's a bit of nuisance but not really very intrusive lar... can live with it type of thing cos got a simple workaround...

Hope this helps bro!
bumperbee likes this.
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #1010
Supremacy Member

Sorry just to check, I got this netflix app which i installed to my mi tv using thumbdrive. However, i cannot select the episodes! Even after getting a air mouse, it didnt solve the problem.

I suspect its the app issue. Is there a link for a good functioning netflix app for mi tv? Thanks!
Does anyone have this issue?
My tv is 50inch 4A model.
Netflix app, i tried to download the latest 7.83.0 apk, which i installed through a thumbdrive.

I can log in, and watch the first episode of any series. But unable to select other episodes. Tries using both air mouse and remote. Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.
fulaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #1011

1. Don't have leh... I also would like one but don't have... the volume keys not bad, pressing down runs the volume level down to zero quite quickly but not instant... I usually leave my TV on some menu instead of free to air channel to prevent a sound surge when the TV comes on lor...

4. I use VLC to play back video files from my hard disk on my desktop PC... if it is the same thing... quite easy to use, and nothing very technical beyond sharing a folder from my hard disk. I presume your NAS will be on the same network as your TV so should be quite easy too... VLC has lots of different 'presets' of sorts for you to locate your files either locally or on the network... very user friendly...

7. Actually I always get the "Getting Data" notice when I watch CNA (which is about the only free to air channel I watch). Even flipping to another channel doesn't make it go away... for my case, I have to call up all Channels menu, select each channel one by one, then go back to CNA and the notice will go away... I think it's kind of loading the data for each channel, which does seem to upload to the TV rather slowly... it's a bit of nuisance but not really very intrusive lar... can live with it type of thing cos got a simple workaround...

Hope this helps bro!
1. I prefer the mute button because I can just unmute and it should go back to the last volume level. I have a BT keyboard with mute button and it works on this TV.

4. I'll try VLC. Thanks.

7. I just wonder what cause this and may be I can do something about it and it goes away.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:12 PM   #1012

6. use below app instead of youtube:
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext
Thanks. I took a look but no APK, so don't know how to install.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:37 PM   #1013

Thanks. I took a look but no APK, so don't know how to install.
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartYou...ttube_beta.apk
bumperbee likes this.
fromnuaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #1014

Hi Folks!

For those who already have a soundbar pair with your xiaomi tv.

Is there any latency experienced between the video played and the output of sound when using bluetooth as the connectivity?

Thanks in advance!
Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #1015

Thank you very much ! Appreciated...
Old 23-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #1016
High Supremacy Member

My Xiaomi 4S 43" TV from courts lai le. Later gonna install it.

Old 23-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #1017

Enjoy !
Old 23-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #1018
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Folks!

For those who already have a soundbar pair with your xiaomi tv.

Is there any latency experienced between the video played and the output of sound when using bluetooth as the connectivity?

Thanks in advance!
Not soundbar but Bluetooth headphones - no lag if directly connected to tv... but got lag if connected to a Bluetooth transmitter via headphone jack. Very slight lag, less than 0.5 seconds...
Old 23-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #1019
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cool! Update us...
Old 23-11-2020, 10:18 PM   #1020
Supremacy Member

Anyone know where to buy the remote control. I got the 55 inch the remote has Netflix button on it. Suddenly my remote canít work. I paired my Xiaomi phone n go to settings delete all the remote n try to pair again also no response on a pair of fresh batteries
lostboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.