WEMAX projector discussion

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Huh u need to measure before you drill the wall le.... lol

There is a hole in the middle of the mount to aim.... draw a + there then drill the 2 holes

Measure the distance between the hole and the top of the frame... mine was 9cm

Yeah but the bottom of the screen to the rack where the projector sit on is 35cm for 100". My screen is exactly 35cm, but somehow its still too low, the image start from ard 38cm.

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the bottom of the screen to the rack where the projector sit on is 35cm for 100". My screen is exactly 35cm, but somehow its still too low, the image start from ard 38cm.

My mount had a 2-3 cm allowance to shift up and down... yours have?

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Hello users..

The depth of my TV console cabinet is just 35cm..

The width of the laser projector is already 29 cm..

That just leave the distance of the projector to wall with only about 6cm...

Is it still variable to get a laser projector to cast anything with that short distance? What's the largest display size with just 6cm wall to projector distance?

Thanks

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello users..

The depth of my TV console cabinet is just 35cm..

The width of the laser projector is already 29 cm..

That just leave the distance of the projector to wall with only about 6cm...

Is it still variable to get a laser projector to cast anything with that short distance? What's the largest display size with just 6cm wall to projector distance?

Thanks

This diagram might help you like it helped me.

fJiZhMPl.jpg

I had the same problem, and to accommodate the projector, I had my carpenter construct another layer on top of my console with a sliding mechanism for the projector.
eJiCig7l.jpg

gIFSwt4l.jpg

Or you could buy this console from taobao.

MZkSfR2l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Last edited:

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
This diagram might help you like it helped me.

fJiZhMPl.jpg

I had the same problem, and to accommodate the projector, I had my carpenter construct another layer on top of my console with a sliding mechanism for the projector.
eJiCig7l.jpg

gIFSwt4l.jpg

Or you could buy this console from taobao.

MZkSfR2l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
Wow. Thanks! 2nd option is not so variable. I might go with the first to do some modifications to my cabinet.

Looks like it's a common problem as the throw distance is rather awkward..

tonyep

Reaction score
The material increases the light reflected to your eyes le.... there is a gain....

ALR Screens for UST projectors typically have gain of <1.0 which will reduces the light reflected hence it will be darker compared to projecting on a white wall.

Xiaomi projectors are rated internally at 5000 lumens but in reality it is only about 1600 ANSI lumens. Far from ideal for watching in bright day light.

There are other brighter UST projectors but they do cost more.

Last edited:

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
My mount had a 2-3 cm allowance to shift up and down... yours have?

Yes I shift the screen to highest point liao. Still 3cm too low. Lol need to redrill the mount 3cn higher. So much efforttt to get this right.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
ALR Screens for UST projectors typically have gain of <1.0 which will reduces the light reflected hence it will be darker compared to projecting on a white wall.

Xiaomi projectors are rated internally at 5000 lumens but in reality it is only about 1600 ANSI lumens. Far from ideal for watching in bright day light.

For daytime usage, alr ust screen works a lot better than white wall. But night time with all lights off, I will say they are similar with alr ust screen vs white wall. Just that you see unsmooth surface on the wall.

If you use purely in dimmed or dark room, I think really no need to invest in the screen. If you have to on ceiling light then you shld use the alr ust screen.

I changed my opinion, now I think the screen is important especially when I don't off all my lights.

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I shift the screen to highest point liao. Still 3cm too low. Lol need to redrill the mount 3cn higher. So much efforttt to get this right.

turn the 2 knobs at the side to angle the screen lower then do a keystone?

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As in better gain than a plain wall ?

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody can recommend seller from Qoo10 or Lazada?

Cheapest I found is 2329 after 120 Qoo10 voucher.

dreamcast18

Reaction score
Is that the price for the Wemax pseudo 4k or the latest true 4k unit?

correct..there is no wemax 4K...

only xiaomi 4K Laser...

and all those who keep asking where to get? support local guys lah..the address already provided below..pay abit more..and local warranty and u can test right away... <rant off>

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.