HTC Butterfly: A stunning 5-inch 1080p phone setting hearts fluttering

ultratwo0000

Banned
Reaction score
hi butterfly owners, esp for those who upgraded from one x.
may i check with you on a few things:

1. can u feel the speed improvement?

2. is the screen quality noticebly better than one x?

3. how does the batt life compared to one x?

4. does it comes with NFC?

5. the local set, is it made in taiwan or china?

6. any issues noted so far on the unit?

thx...

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no nfc
display hmm ya more smoother compare to one x or x+ vs butterfly

speed wise loading camera is aot faster
this is the proof of the new core

Aetherion

Reaction score
Just get a hand on the display set at HTC Store in Nex. The design of the phone and display is indeed stunning. If only it's LTE enabled, I think I'd buy in a heart beat lol

Rozzhu

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on the battery. Hope more users could give their personnal review on this phone.

V

victorlht88

Sigh so tempted to switch to this for the 1080p screen but no nfc and no lte.

Wonder if htc has improved on their qc since those days when they were well known for having dust trapped under their lcds which really made me gave up on them, was using htc desire hd and then incredible s.

Deal breaker for me. :(

Last edited:

rubber33

Master Member
Reaction score
Was thinking to get this phone too. Just wondering the HTC driod come with lte why not this butterfly? Or want to make us buy this first then release one with lte?

sanjeevrana

Reaction score
There is a black, silver+black, red+black version ... full black not yet available anywhere I think ...

HTC has definitely improved on QC ... did not find a single scratch, dent, dead pixel, dust particle when unpacked ... worked great out of the box ... no operational issues found in 24+ hours ...

Used normally for this period ( I had to restrain myself :) ) and 12 hours in office where I get just 1 bar of signal (not HTCs fault) , it lasted me 18+ hours with 25% left and I charged it

Lots of small calls, whatsapp throughout, music through headphones in mrt, little bit youtube, mix of H+ and WiFi, Few app installs and setups (after the normal 40+ apps I usually setup)

I can safely declare that battery is excellent and charge cycles should make it even better not worse ... I cannot say the same if LTE was on board though ...

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wonder if htc has improved on their qc since those days when they were well known for having dust trapped under their lcds which really made me gave up on them, was using htc desire hd and then incredible s.

hahaha bro Vic also tempted by the OMG screen
I'm too

Chipero

Reaction score

Almost bought it over the weekend at MS, only to find out that don't have LTE. :(

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a black, silver+black, red+black version ... full black not yet available anywhere I think ...

HTC has definitely improved on QC ... did not find a single scratch, dent, dead pixel, dust particle when unpacked ... worked great out of the box ... no operational issues found in 24+ hours ...

Used normally for this period ( I had to restrain myself :) ) and 12 hours in office where I get just 1 bar of signal (not HTCs fault) , it lasted me 18+ hours with 25% left and I charged it

Lots of small calls, whatsapp throughout, music through headphones in mrt, little bit youtube, mix of H+ and WiFi, Few app installs and setups (after the normal 40+ apps I usually setup)

I can safely declare that battery is excellent and charge cycles should make it even better not worse ... I cannot say the same if LTE was on board though ...

ya only bad is no LTE and. nfc
but just to ask does it have expandable storage. slot ?

ya I rink if with LTE the battery might suffer with the 1080 display sucking up

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where got sell it casing and screen protector.
knn, i got the phone, but i dun dare to use due to the lack of 3 party casing.

sanjeevrana

Reaction score
Yes, microSD slot is there and I am using a Sandisk 32G Class 10 card without issues ;)

I think because of the newer hardware and proc, LTE may not hit that much on battery because everything will load faster which means you would be using lesser of the screen ;)

For example,
Refreshing FB on H+, Screen on 2 mins
Same refresh on LTE, Screen on 30 secs

Above is just an illustration ...

Also, people going ooooohhhh aaaaaaahhhh on the red version should take a deep breath and think about the Silver one also ... I dont know why its called white when its all silvery and shiny .... Its not the WHITE THAT YOU KNOW ... do not think of White like on GS3 when you hear White model ... Here is a pic of the back, it hardly gets any stain or smudges ... Dark Red/Black glossy backs will be very visible of all kinds of scratches/smudges

Think hard and smart ;)
I could not get more light since I am at office but as you can see on the parts where light is reflecting, its glowing and not glossy white !!

IMAGE_BA29CF93-8E52-40DA-B3C2-852D1100067F.JPG

gabrielworld

Master Member
Reaction score
SOOOO interested to trade my iPhone 5 and get this but no LTE means my surfing speed will be greatly reduce...
IM sorry to ask but is this HTC Butterfly under local warranty?

sanjeevrana

Reaction score
Trust me, after some time you wont miss LTE unless you keep comparing alongside with another phone/tablet

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should ne local warrrnty just local Telecom maybe not launch it yet
ya the butterfly white is not pure white like s3
its glittterng glossy white or u can call it sliver
but the red & black is not bad too like it jp version
now after try butterfly I feel my s3 is smaller hahaha

like a iPhone hahaha
ya if u compare to lTE vs 3g if. got a good LTE reception it will be greatly reduce
but u save battery life hahaha

yalor whwre got sell the SP
but if go jp I bet sure got the accessoroes hahaha
flying to jp soon

still hope xperia z and zl launch before I fly off it not I might hoot butterfly first and sell off later then m7 or xperis z or s4 out hahaha

atm using a old 3g s3 hahaha

V

victorlht88

hahaha bro Vic also tempted by the OMG screen
I'm too

yeah man the 1080p is definitely a winner for now considering its first of its kind with sony and probably samsung releasing theirs in the near future.

just like how htc one x was the first quad core phone before samsung came out with theirs. i am using 64gb micro sd on my s3, wonder if butterfly supports it since the official release states only up to 32gb.

gotta resist the temptation! :s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.