HTC Butterfly: A stunning 5-inch 1080p phone setting hearts fluttering

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any new models that are coming out in 2013 got to have 4G LTE. Else, it's not worth upgrading no matter how awesome is the phone likes 10 GB of Memory, 10 TB of storage, 8-core CPU, 100MP of camera...bla bla bla...:s8:

master_audio

Reaction score
Any new models that are coming out in 2013 got to have 4G LTE. Else, it's not worth upgrading no matter how awesome is the phone likes 10 GB of Memory, 10 TB of storage, 8-core CPU, 100MP of camera...bla bla bla...:s8:

I just wish that they standardize the LTE...

Alan-HWH

Reaction score
Relax, it was meant for the European and Chinese market mostly which LTE is still mostly spotty at best. The only good thing about Singapore telcos is they lay down new infrastructure faster than others with the exception of Starhub. God knows what the hell are they doing...

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
the butterfly gotten to meet alot of challengers from chinese firm like ZTE, OPPO five and huawei. all 3 are producing 5" phone. not to forget the korea LG and SAMSUNG. Lastly darkhorse SONY.

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
Not to mention, Sharp whom the producer of the 5" display is oso making the phone to the market.

Alan-HWH

Reaction score
They are doing surprisingly quite well in Japan. During launch week, it outsold the iPhone 5 and became the bestseller for KDDI (Japan 2nd largest telco).

Source

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
No LTE! WHY
Hi all,

For those who are still hoping the Butterfly will come in LTE version to SG, here's the screenshot from IDA Equipment List to dash your last hopes. =X

33479541af.jpg

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In that case, it is a pass for me. My next pphone upgrade from my current HOX has got to be a LTE one.

yellowduck

Reaction score
Great... I don't need 4g anyway since I won't be re-contracting my old plan for a while... can't stand the new plan with so much lesser data.....hope the price Is not exorbitant...

TomCool

Reaction score
The price in Taipei is selling at TWD22900, which is around S$980+ without plan. Very tempted to buy though but too bad no international warranty. Stocks are low as some shops hv sold out.

rharish_21

Reaction score
The price in Taipei is selling at TWD22900, which is around S$980+ without plan. Very tempted to buy though but too bad no international warranty. Stocks are low as some shops hv sold out.

The price is amazon wireless site is 599.99 USD. This is without contract from Verizon.

Actually Verizon DNA model is GSM unlocked so should work here.

I have ordered one expecting to be delivered around 15th of this month.

Alan-HWH

Reaction score
HTC rumored going to launch the M7 next week Monday in US (Tuesday) to get a super early headstart from the Galaxy SIV. However, knowing HTC it probably won't shipped until early March and if it is new method of production (to them) early adopters will suffer from production issues. :s13:

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Japan product?

next...........

not being sarcastic, rather Japan coy and folks are trolling us, or rather imho so far.....in regards to phones.:s22:

Alan-HWH

Reaction score
Leaked screenshots of Sense 5.0 (WIP) that will be coming with the M7.

Lockscreen
9e52c6aftw1e0l7ca0bu5j.jpg

Dialer
S5Dlr.jpg

Redesign Keyboard with the ever familiar 3-dots...
S5KB.jpg

Settings
9e52c6aftw1e0l7hg9myhj.jpg

And

M7's frameshot :s13:
9e52c6aftw1e0l5fyun8nj.jpg

Looks like HTC is flattening their icons and make it more cartoony. God now even the best custom skin of Android have to go with Touchwiz path. :(

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm now comparing it to the Xperia Z.....we have got a serious competition here.

5" is just the sweet spot for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.