The HTC One X - World's first Quad Beast

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Did the demonstrators drop the phone on concrete or carpet? Very different story leh
He did both!

He purposely drop on the carpet floor the first time...
Then he picked it up and fling it down the stairs of the stage onto the hard concrete floor.

and later he dropped it again while pretending to make a call!

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip guys.. had sent HTC my mail regarding the issue already.. and i did harp on melvin throwing his phone purposely and it escaped without any damage... hope something can be done.. not to be unreasonable.. but,theres just too much stress demo over at the event at mbs.. all nothing wrong..but my accidental drop today resulted in a broken glass screen -.-
keep us updated k? must make companies accountable for what they do and show in public!

jermx9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dont have 25gb for dropbox leh :( need do anything anot other than sign in?

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not true. his first drop was on the carpet floor... then later he threw his phone onto the concrete floor. Then he showed us it's still working...
go tell HTC that their ppl show you that this can be done. and you didn't even throw the phone, you just dropped it.

argue with them. if cannot, talk to their manager. escalate until they change for you free! insist! coz you got a very good reason now... THEY SHOW YOU CAN THROW THE PHONE!!! =D

Haha what kind of logic is that? They can say that u drop it the wrong way. Obviously when the htc guy threw the phone, it landed not on the display that's why the glass didn't break

jermx9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMAG0077.jpg

one of the photos i took..

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha what kind of logic is that? They can say that u drop it the wrong way. Obviously when the htc guy threw the phone, it landed not on the display that's why the glass didn't break
ohhh you wrong liao... I looked hard at the phone when he threw it. coz i want to laugh out loud if it cracked.. he was lucky it didn't...
he throw it face down...

but anyway, you just gotta complain the right way, and you will get your right of way. just need to know how to talk to them and how to escalate until you get higher level ppl involved. sure got way one...

but of course if you purposely throw your phone... then don't bother... it's your fault liao...

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
ohhh you wrong liao... I looked hard at the phone when he threw it. coz i want to laugh out loud if it cracked.. he was lucky it didn't...
he throw it face down...

but anyway, you just gotta complain the right way, and you will get your right of way. just need to know how to talk to them and how to escalate until you get higher level ppl involved. sure got way one...

but of course if you purposely throw your phone... then don't bother... it's your fault liao...
anyway, it doesn't matter in the end how he threw the phone... most importantly you have to argue the point that he MISLED you to think that the phone can take the damage of a throw and fall.

but of course you have to keep insisting... if you give up easily, then you won't get your way... confirm!

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he throw it face down...

I was seated at the back so can't see how the phone landed. So it landed face down on the glass is it?

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
i seated in row 2 in the middle. almost in front of him.
saw him fling the phone. basically what happen was the phone kinda hit the first stair step, bounce it's way down to the bottom... hit both faces of the phone...
the front glass , and the camera side...

and most importantly, must quote him...
after he throw the phone, he picked it up and said look it's still fine and working...

jermx9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i seated in row 2 in the middle. almost in front of him.
saw him fling the phone. basically what happen was the phone kinda hit the first stair step, bounce it's way down to the bottom... hit both faces of the phone...
the front glass , and the camera side...

and most importantly, must quote him...
after he throw the phone, he picked it up and said look it's still fine and working...

yeah i remember too. i sat 2nd row right side!

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
haha. seriously... presenters should NOT throw their devices... coz it's not meant to be thrown... The guy isn't very experienced. I think throwing the phone wasn't part of the plan leh... Didn't feel like it...
coz he was literally reading the script from MWC...

townman

Reaction score
I got weird experience yesterday, while reading email, got a incoming call, instead of switching to the incoming call screen, my phone stay at GMail screen until I press the back button, else I will miss the call, anyone got this weird experience..

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took 3 night photos at the same spot. Can you guys please tell me what is the difference or which is the best shot using different mode/sence without flash. :s11:

1. Auto setting as it is:

IMAG0021.jpg

2. Auto mode with ISO set to the highest 800:

IMAG0023.jpg

3. Sence = "Low Light":

IMAG0022.jpg

alexis10

Reaction score
Just bought a one X for my wife and myself each...

Charging it now.. so excited...

too bad can't manage to "buy" any One X vouchers so no $200 off n no media link...:(

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a one X for my wife and myself each...

Charging it now.. so excited...

too bad can't manage to "buy" any One X vouchers so no $200 off n no media link...:(

Welcome to the X faxtor!:s22:

It's okay! Since you can afford to buy 2Xs at one go! I strongly believe that you can easily afford the Media Link HD at $128 niah, may be even 2 ML HD, one each for your wife and yourself.....:s13:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.