Reaction score
Competitive pricing for Singapore and Malaysia

Malaysia
4GB+128GB RM$1699 (S$573)
UK
4GB+128GB £399 (S$717)
Europe
4GB+128GB €449 (S$709)

Recommend to get from official store in Qoo10. Can get for discount with coupon and qpoint + 1% if use shopback. This coming Friday's should have Qoo10 Super Sale event which will offer $12 off $60, $30 off $200 and $120 off $1000 coupons.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowaday all remove SD card slot nbzzzzzzzzzzzz

honour view 10 user will not be migrate for sure as battery bigger + got external memory slot

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4GB RAM + 128GB storage

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
If only 4+128, isn't it better to get Honor View 10 for only $599? 6+128. Using the same Kirin 970 SoC. Honor View 10 has larger battery and microSD slot which the Honor 10 lacks.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only 4+128, isn't it better to get Honor View 10 for only $599? 6+128. Using the same Kirin 970 SoC. Honor View 10 has larger battery and microSD slot which the Honor 10 lacks.

But no notch, under glass fingerprint sensor and satki phantom colours on the rear :(

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But no notch, under glass fingerprint sensor and satki phantom colours on the rear :(
Don't think there's any real performance benefit with the notch and under glass fingerprint scanner :s13:
The additional 2GB ram can hold more apps in the background, microSD slot can expand the storage space.
As for the satki colours on the back, can't see much once it's inside a case that's not transparent :s13:

carboy00

Reaction score

Agreed on that... But Honor 10 looks better, notch aside. :s13:

There seems to be no plans to bring in 6GB RAM version.

hotpick

Reaction score
Don't think there's any real performance benefit with the notch and under glass fingerprint scanner :s13:
The additional 2GB ram can hold more apps in the background, microSD slot can expand the storage space.
As for the satki colours on the back, can't see much once it's inside a case that's not transparent :s13:

Don't like the notch just a copy trend (althought it can be hidden), the ultrasonic fingerprint which enable wet finger unlock (usability) is useful, color tone change is not a unity change (mid frame color unchange while back cover color change - sounds more as gimmick) but the back glass design inherited from Honor 8/9 is nice and classy.

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using a Mi 5 now. How you think EMUI is compared to MIUI? Which is more polished in your opinion?

Personally I am alright with heavy skins, having used MIUI. :s13:

Waiting for Asus to launch the Zenfone 5z and Xiaomi to launch the Mi MIX 2S to see how official prices turn out. At the moment this $579 price tag is very tempting. :s22:

Sent from Xiaomi Mi 5 using GAGT

Both around there really. I like MIUI 9 mainly because I think the overall design is more cohesive, like the icons, settings, etc. Everything fits in well together in the same theme. EMUI looks a bit too inspired by iOS and generally i don't like the design as much.

But features wise, I think huawei is a little more feature rich. It's a double-edged sword since it means more things going into the software, more chance for bugs. lol. But day to day use, i think EMUI wins. Both are a little rougher around the edges compared to cleaner software from like OnePlus, Sony, Motorola.

For EMUI, it has some app compatibility issues sometimes, like I've seen Google maps lag on P20 Pro. For MIUI 9 it's bigger bugs. lol. My sister took over my Mi 6 after I was done reviewing it. With MIUI 9, when you apply a theme it soft bricks the phone. Only solution is a factory reset. NOT KIDDING BTW. LOLOL.

hotpick

Reaction score
Competitive pricing for Singapore and Malaysia

Malaysia
4GB+128GB RM$1699 (S$573)
UK
4GB+128GB £399 (S$717)
Europe
4GB+128GB €449 (S$709)

Recommend to get from official store in Qoo10. Can get for discount with coupon and qpoint + 1% if use shopback. This coming Friday's should have Qoo10 Super Sale event which will offer $12 off $60, $30 off $200 and $120 off $1000 coupons.

M'sia early bird with RM100 off at RM1599 (~S$533) with free flip cover and bt headset... too bad no such launch deal here..

https://www.soyacincau.com/2018/05/22/honor-10-malaysia-official-price-availability-specs/

Last edited:

carboy00

Reaction score
Both around there really. I like MIUI 9 mainly because I think the overall design is more cohesive, like the icons, settings, etc. Everything fits in well together in the same theme. EMUI looks a bit too inspired by iOS and generally i don't like the design as much.

But features wise, I think huawei is a little more feature rich. It's a double-edged sword since it means more things going into the software, more chance for bugs. lol. But day to day use, i think EMUI wins. Both are a little rougher around the edges compared to cleaner software from like OnePlus, Sony, Motorola.

For EMUI, it has some app compatibility issues sometimes, like I've seen Google maps lag on P20 Pro. For MIUI 9 it's bigger bugs. lol. My sister took over my Mi 6 after I was done reviewing it. With MIUI 9, when you apply a theme it soft bricks the phone. Only solution is a factory reset. NOT KIDDING BTW. LOLOL.

Wow that Mi 6 theme bug is really eye-opening. :eek:
That's the thing about MIUI I faced really, for 4 years that I have been using Xiaomi phones, yes they have good specs for the price but software support/updates down the road is mostly misses, new iterations of the software brings out more serious bugs and stability issues to older models, ever since my Mi 5 has gotten MIUI 9 updates, battery life has been very bad, phone heats up (I don't even game on it) and lags quite a lot. Factory reset doesn't help. A quick check on MIUI forums shows problem isn't specific to my device, it's probably just some wonky optimisation, only dim of hope is that the future Oreo update will fix things a bit but I am very skeptical it will (probably bring more bugs to be honest :s13:). Because of this, I have my reservations whether to get the Mi MIX 2S.

Hence now I am open to other brands of mobile to try. Honor 10 looks good, price is very tempting but as mentioned, my only concern is EMUI. Other alternative I am looking at is Zenfone 5z but that is taking forever to arrive. :s22:

Thanks for your insight Alex! Appreciate it.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Just my 2 cents, for me I find my hard to invest in higher end Xiaomi devices because of exactly what you said. Mi6 was a really awesome phone actually, but that miui9 bug was really bad. In forums, people have been complaining about it since the beta, and they still rolled it out officially. But for their lower end devices, these bugs are a little more forgivable. My dad has been using Redmi devices for years. Redmi 1, Redmi 2, recently got him the Redmi 5, and it’s a really nice phone still. For folks who are not so heavy users and don’t care much about software updates, still a very nice option.

By the way I picked up an Honor 10 for review too. Will try to share more here regarding my experience with it, camera quality, etc. :D

Wow that Mi 6 theme bug is really eye-opening. :eek:
That's the thing about MIUI I faced really, for 4 years that I have been using Xiaomi phones, yes they have good specs for the price but software support/updates down the road is mostly misses, new iterations of the software brings out more serious bugs and stability issues to older models, ever since my Mi 5 has gotten MIUI 9 updates, battery life has been very bad, phone heats up (I don't even game on it) and lags quite a lot. Factory reset doesn't help. A quick check on MIUI forums shows problem isn't specific to my device, it's probably just some wonky optimisation, only dim of hope is that the future Oreo update will fix things a bit but I am very skeptical it will (probably bring more bugs to be honest :s13:). Because of this, I have my reservations whether to get the Mi MIX 2S.

Hence now I am open to other brands of mobile to try. Honor 10 looks good, price is very tempting but as mentioned, my only concern is EMUI. Other alternative I am looking at is Zenfone 5z but that is taking forever to arrive. :s22:

Thanks for your insight Alex! Appreciate it.

carboy00

Reaction score
Yeah. Just my 2 cents, for me I find my hard to invest in higher end Xiaomi devices because of exactly what you said. Mi6 was a really awesome phone actually, but that miui9 bug was really bad. In forums, people have been complaining about it since the beta, and they still rolled it out officially. But for their lower end devices, these bugs are a little more forgivable. My dad has been using Redmi devices for years. Redmi 1, Redmi 2, recently got him the Redmi 5, and it’s a really nice phone still. For folks who are not so heavy users and don’t care much about software updates, still a very nice option.

By the way I picked up an Honor 10 for review too. Will try to share more here regarding my experience with it, camera quality, etc. :D

Thanks again!

Thought switching from my Redmi Note 4G to a Mi 5 will be great but as you said there are certain software frustrations that are acceptable for Redmi line but not so for Mi line. Treated it as a lesson learnt. Plus now the fact that Mi Singapore's track record in bringing in new products timely is pretty bad so I guess I shall avoid the brand for time being. :s13:

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some photos of the phone. Phantom Blue. :s12:

2018-05-23.jpg

2018-05-23.jpg

2018-05-23.jpg

2018-05-23.jpg

2018-05-23.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.