Huawei Mate 10

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omg this Huawei, just launched Nova 3 and Nova 3i. Nova 3 at 3000RMB is using the same Kirin 970 also. Somemore comes with 6GB ram and the camera setup looks promising with GPU Turbo out of the box. Seriously Huawei?? Mate 10 only got 4GB RAM, still waiting for GPU turbo and super night mode update. Sien sia

Ya man... Like anyhow release phone one...

Last edited:

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
Omg this Huawei, just launched Nova 3 and Nova 3i. Nova 3 at 3000RMB is using the same Kirin 970 also. Somemore comes with 6GB ram and the camera setup looks promising with GPU Turbo out of the box. Seriously Huawei?? Mate 10 only got 4GB RAM, still waiting for GPU turbo and super night mode update. Sien sia

hahaha. they manufactured too many 970..have to clear stock :s13::s13:

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
I read from huawei facebook that it's using kirin 710 chip.

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

TheOutsider

Reaction score
I read from huawei facebook that it's using kirin 710 chip.

I mean the Nova 3. Nova 3i indeed does come with Kirin 710.

Wow just read the announcement from Huawei. Mate 10 series is getting AIS, night shot, 960fps slow mo, the new AI camera app, GPU Turbo and EMUI 8.1 with Android Oreo 8.1.

Well done Huawei. Haha

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score

Wow just read the announcement from Huawei. Mate 10 series is getting AIS, night shot, 960fps slow mo, the new AI camera app, GPU Turbo and EMUI 8.1 with Android Oreo 8.1.

Well done Huawei. Haha
Oic. So nova 3 is better then nova 3i?

KYLee

Reaction score

Well done Huawei. Haha

question is when? coming from samsung camp, they always say this say that end up s7 is still not on oreo yet... i hope huawei is different!

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
question is when? coming from samsung camp, they always say this say that end up s7 is still not on oreo yet... i hope huawei is different!
Have been using my huawei for 1yr 7mths so far love it. And my office phone S7 for 1yr 3mths recently auto brightness n auto rotation not working. Battery life also getting bad. Give up on Samsung.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well done Huawei. Haha

Don't count your chicken until it hatches. Some of the things, Huawei have mentioned some of these enhancements sometime back. As long as it is not implemented, there is always a chance things may drop off the enhancement list.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I can't say when, but I know at least from my personal experience using my Mate 10 Pro, that Huawei is more proactive when it comes to rolling out new firmware. Having used quite a few Samsung flagship phones, the firmware update is very sporadic and usually a very long wait between firmware. Just observing the number of firmware updates my wife's S8 is receiving vs my Mate 10 Pro, the ratio is at least 4:1 now.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my experience, Samsung usually is big update, but Huawei is many small incremental update.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The 970 is gonna trickle down now since the production costs is lowered, and they likely ramping up the next generation chips for the upcoming smart phone. So the excess 970s will be used for the upcoming cheaper budget phones.

So far Huawei is quite ok la, to be honest. Compared to other big name manufacturers, although EMUI is not the fanciest overlay right now. But only a few other manufacturers like OnePlus or those almost stock Android updates faster.

Huawei may not be the fastest but they are also not the slowest, and they seem committed to try and bring features down to the previous generation.

The last gen flagships all updated to 8.0 already as well.

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Having more firmware updates may not necessarily be a good or bad thing anyway.

Samsung phones are stable as it is nowadays so may not need to update too frequently. Even iOS only have major updates every now and then too.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having more firmware updates may not necessarily be a good or bad thing anyway.

Samsung phones are stable as it is nowadays so may not need to update too frequently. Even iOS only have major updates every now and then too.

I don't agree that the firmware is always stable for Samsung. Couple of Samsung phones I own previously was very unstable and unfortunately, no firmware to rectify them. In the end, I sold them off instead of waiting for another 6 months. Which is why till now I have not purchased another Samsung phone for myself.

Too many firmware updates may not be good, that I agree. Which is why I don't rush to upgrade in case it messes things up.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my experience, Samsung usually is big update, but Huawei is many small incremental update.

Samsung's big updates generally is a result of consolidating multi months of updates. So far, I don't recall them adding more features to old phones through these updates, unless it is a new feature as a result of a different version of Android.

What I see different about Huawei is that they will bring features from new phones, back to older phones. This is great after sale value add that I observe is missing from the Korean and Japan phone brands. They typically sell you the phone, and do the minimal of fixing bugs and security issues. And other times you may hear from them is when there is a new version of Android.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I moved to Huawei because I'm sick of phones from kimchi company. Their software really sucks..

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
I highly recommend this brand of anti glare glass screen protector - Carkoci. I use it on Mate 10,Samsung S9, One Plus etc for my family and it's fingerprint dust n scratch resistant. V GOOD! Since I use this I hardly have to clean my screen. Can feel the difference vs my old one which I paid $10+ for at some ah being hp shop.. This taobao one is $5+ for 2 pieces & cleaning kit. You can read all the user reviews in the link below.

【卡古驰 华为mate10钢化膜p20p20pro全屏覆盖mate10pro蓝光手机膜】http://m.tb.cn/h.3aJwX8J 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或復|制这条信息€IGL60wULUkC€后到👉淘♂寳♀👈

Anyone using this? I just received recrntly and use it. The side is not fully stick.

Overall the screen is smooth and less attract fingerprint..

But how to solve the popup at the side of the phone? Didnt know mate10pro is curve at the side?

Edit* ok just did a google on the issues and apparently mate10pro is curve at the sides.for best sp some come with a bottle of resin*? Any recommendation on that?

Any lobang to get sp from flosmall? Apparently its the only perfect sp but didnt deliver to sg

Last edited:

TheOutsider

Reaction score

Night shot actually already due for update. For Mate 10,it is in the B138 update. But we can't download yet probably go by region.

EMUI 8.1 they already release beta to 50k Huawei club user in China, each for Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. GPU turbo said to update in August still not seen yet but it should come.

Looks promising isn't it?

I'm looking forward to the new camera app design from P20 Pro on Mate 10 also haha. Mate 10 one looks dated already.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung's big updates generally is a result of consolidating multi months of updates. So far, I don't recall them adding more features to old phones through these updates, unless it is a new feature as a result of a different version of Android.

What I see different about Huawei is that they will bring features from new phones, back to older phones. This is great after sale value add that I observe is missing from the Korean and Japan phone brands. They typically sell you the phone, and do the minimal of fixing bugs and security issues. And other times you may hear from them is when there is a new version of Android.
Yeah usually only update when it's new android version for Samsung. That's what I admire about iPhone. Always getting the latest update be it big or small.

Anyone using this? I just received recrntly and use it. The side is not fully stick.

Overall the screen is smooth and less attract fingerprint..

But how to solve the popup at the side of the phone? Didnt know mate10pro is curve at the side?

Edit* ok just did a google on the issues and apparently mate10pro is curve at the sides.for best sp some come with a bottle of resin*? Any recommendation on that?

Any lobang to get sp from flosmall? Apparently its the only perfect sp but didnt deliver to sg
I am. Did u use the provided transparent oil?
n6QVUgCl.jpg

f15XucRl.jpg

KYLee

Reaction score
indeed it is, although firmware upgrade may not be a good thing.. i just feel that with firmware upgrade it gives me the feeling the manufacturer is still proactively rolling out stuff for older models despite new one coming out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.