HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Huawei Mate 10

Like Tree317Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #3436
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to let u know, 2.4ghz wifi is slower (i think around 70mbps max) and has a stronger coverage. 5ghz wifi is fast (can up to few hundred mbps) but coverage not as strong. Its not true that 2.4ghz is more stable then 5ghz but in terms of coverage, yes 2.4ghz more stable then 5ghz as it has a stronger coverage
Er i never say that 2.4Ghz is more stable leh. I said "for me the 5ghz seems to be better, so i sacrifice wifi distance for stability."

This means I'm sacrificing wifi distance (because 2.4Ghz has longer distance) for stability (because 5Ghz is more consistent in performance, and thus more "stable" because I don't have that stupid FB stuttering issue during video loading when I'm on 5Ghz, even though 5Ghz gives me 3/4 bar vs full bar on 2.4Ghz in my bedroom)
Skyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #3437
ct

Anyone face this error on FB page apps when boot up on Huawei Mate 10 ? Already updated to latest version on Google play and firmware also latest.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12lf...ew?usp=sharing
ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #3438
Arch-Supremacy Member

haiz, duno why singtel chose such crappy routers..
Increase their profit margin.

Anyway, I just recalled that one of the thing that could be causing Singtel routers to have compatibility issues may be the channels. For example, their routers may default their 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi to a certain channel, which may result in issues with some devices. Try switching the channel to see the same problem persist.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #3439
Arch-Supremacy Member

Increase their profit margin.

Anyway, I just recalled that one of the thing that could be causing Singtel routers to have compatibility issues may be the channels. For example, their routers may default their 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi to a certain channel, which may result in issues with some devices. Try switching the channel to see the same problem persist.
chose the least congested channels for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

doesnt work too.
Zappalapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #3440
High Supremacy Member

Anyone face this error on FB page apps when boot up on Huawei Mate 10 ? Already updated to latest version on Google play and firmware also latest.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12lf...ew?usp=sharing
No issue so far for mate 10 and mate 10 pro.
haylui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #3441
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone tried to use the phone without screen protector?

I wonder how durable is the screen...
i dropped my phone around the height of my waist on the 3rd day with default screen protector n no casing..
End result: Phone Screen cracked
micromousez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #3442
Supremacy Member

i dropped my phone around the height of my waist on the 3rd day with default screen protector n no casing..
Wow.. Better to put on a case even though it will cover up the beautiful design.
OutBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #3443

I just recvd my Nillkin tempered glass screen protector after waiting 2 weeks delivery and found i ordered the wrong one for Mate 10 Pro.

Anyone needs a Mate 10 Pro protector? Original price is $8, I can let go at $6.
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #3444

Anyone managed to roll back to earlier version of firmware without losing data?

I tried using firmware finder (successfully used it in the past), but now I encounter the server not available error. How to overcome this?
iamnagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #3445

I saw this phone when I was outside shopping and it looks good. Anyone using it? How is the quality like? The camera good?
blueberry. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #3446
eyz
Supremacy Member

my wife smashed my phone, causing the rear camera, rear panel and LCD screen to crack.

the cost to change the rear panel and camera cost 170, inclusive diagnostic fee.

thereafter, they replace the LCD and bezel for free.

when I collect the phone a week later, I realised that the accelerometer wasn't working, hence I brought it back.

they replaced the motherboard for free.

luckily they didn't diagnose that motherboard problem when I sent it for the first repair. if not I would have to pay 500+ for it.

overall I was very happy with the low repair fee and free LCD replacement. i got a new phone literally.

Last edited by eyz; 03-03-2018 at 02:13 PM..
eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #3447
High Supremacy Member

I saw this phone when I was outside shopping and it looks good. Anyone using it? How is the quality like? The camera good?
Price / performance pwned all other 2017 flagships including iPhone X.

Camera is top 3 if not best.
Battery life is superb.
haylui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #3448

Wah.... Thanks for sharing.

A few weeks ago, I was walking and swinging my hand like normal. Then my phone slipped and flew away, dropped to the floor with screen facing down.

Luckily with casing and screen protector, the phone was good. So far no crack spotted.

I guess screen protector and casing are quite essential nowadays... Haha
CS0287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #3449
Master Member

I use the default screen protector and casing. If crack, then go get a tempered glass. So far no issue.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT
progene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #3450

For somewhat reasons I felt regret.

-There's no support on Camera2 API (Maybe just Huawei locking it for no reasons like samsung did)
-There's no community support in other region except China (Huawei eventually locked all of the forums for outsiders, unable to login / register, really troublesome, require VPN to get into it.)
-Slowwwww, firmware updates for customers, models (Except China)
shinnsohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.