Huawei Mate 10

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I found out about the auto dimming issue on my Mate 10.. It seems to be Nova Launcher problem.. Or EMUI doesn't play well with Nova Launcher.

Maybe try the Microsoft Launcher? Comparable to Nova, with all the gestures (and free as well).

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Maybe try the Microsoft Launcher? Comparable to Nova, with all the gestures (and free as well).
U guy mention about nova n microsoft launcher. Actually what is it for and what benefit?

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I found out about the auto dimming issue on my Mate 10.. It seems to be Nova Launcher problem.. Or EMUI doesn't play well with Nova Launcher.
Now that u mention it, that could be why many of us are having that auto brightness issue.
U guy mention about nova n microsoft launcher. Actually what is it for and what benefit?

Its a 3rd party launcher that has many features compared to the Huawei EMUI, changing of icon size and shape, desktop size and grid.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that u mention it, that could be why many of us are having that auto brightness issue.

Its a 3rd party launcher that has many features compared to the Huawei EMUI, changing of icon size and shape, desktop size and grid.

You also encounter the auto dimming issue with Nova?

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't like MS Launcher. So I am trying Evie Launcher again.

I think it's great. Comparable with Nova. Ditched Nova Prime for this. More frequent updates and auto wallpaper change is good.
Gestures are more or less the same.

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score

Oic. Thanks

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using stock emui launcher. Didnt really notice any auto dimming already. Or i already get used to it

I actually don't observe this issue too. I do only notice it auto adjusting brightness according to the brightness picked up by the ambient sensor which I don't think is a problem. I don't use any launcher anyway.

narutorecca

Reaction score
Hi bros

Need help... set fingerprint to lock and unlock hp buyt every 3 days it ask for a my password and now i forgotten my password and cant unlock the hp.
Any ways to bypass this and n unlock the hp w/o hard reset and earse all the data?

TheOutsider

Reaction score
Can try pixel launcher. Just download the apk online and install. Been using that for past few phone.

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
Hi bros

Need help... set fingerprint to lock and unlock hp buyt every 3 days it ask for a my password and now i forgotten my password and cant unlock the hp.
Any ways to bypass this and n unlock the hp w/o hard reset and earse all the data?

Lol. Every 3 days u also forgot? Just try to key in all your usual password. Bound to hit 1...

Unless the phone is not yours

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. Every 3 days u also forgot? Just try to key in all your usual password. Bound to hit 1...

Unless the phone is not yours
I have a friend who had a similar issue. She went to put a password on her S7 because of her job, but forgot the password on the same day. Kept asking me how to unlock her phone without losing her data(which is not possible) and I brought her to Samsung store to get it unlocked but with all the data gone. Maybe the person who forgot his password can bring it go Huawei store to get it unlocked.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come phone will prompt for password repeatedly if fingerprint is enabled for locking and unlocking? Is it new security feature? I don't get this on my Mi Max 2 and Mate 9 and they are updated to latest os release.

Sent from 外太空 using GAGT

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come phone will prompt for password repeatedly if fingerprint is enabled for locking and unlocking? Is it new security feature? I don't get this on my Mi Max 2 and Mate 9 and they are updated to latest os release.

Sent from 外太空 using GAGT

What you mean? Everytime finger liao still must enter password?

Mine only ask if my hands wet or every 4 days or smth it will say need password again to double check.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mine each time reset will require password

If both of you are asking the same thing, then I see nothing wrong with this feature. Even my iPhone and iPad works the same way, i.e. if you restart, you will need to reinput password the first time.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.