Huawei Mate 10

slimer

Reaction score
hua wei operating system is different from samsung android right? in samsung there is a short cut pages and apps pages, however huawei just one for all:s13:

take time to familiar it.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
My review after using Mate 10 for a few days coming from S7E.

1. Screen definitely has lesser vibrance vs AMOLED side by side, but using it standalone wise, it's fine.
2. Sunlight legibility definitely good enough vs AMOLED.
3. Call quality much much better than my S7E. (Maybe becos of better top speaker)
4. Both speakers combined definitely produce stereo like sound vs mono output from Samsung phones.
5. The knuckle gestures are very useful to take and crop screenshots.
6. Speed of phone is excellent. Launching of apps like Outlook or WhatsApp are near instant on cold launch. Loading of websites are also much faster.
7. Network switching signal seems better with dual sim on (my S7E always has drop connectivity issues with dual sim at a certain spot whole traveling on the bus in orchard, but seems my Mate 10 dun have. Need more time to test this out)

Pain points:
1. Can't change font
2. Emui too strict in app management. Kills off apps even if they used workarounds like notification bar. Feels like MIUI style.
3. Notification LED - too dim. Or is it even working? Wonder how many colors does it support.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
hua wei operating system is different from samsung android right? in samsung there is a short cut pages and apps pages, however huawei just one for all:s13:

take time to familiar it.

You can enable the app drawer in the settings

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score

1. Screen definitely has lesser vibrance vs AMOLED side by side, but using it standalone wise, it's fine.
3. Call quality much much better than my S7E. (Maybe becos of better top speaker)
4. Both speakers combined definitely produce stereo like sound vs mono output from Samsung phones.
5. The knuckle gestures are very useful to take and crop screenshots.
6. Speed of phone is excellent. Launching of apps like Outlook or WhatsApp are near instant on cold launch. Loading of websites are also much faster.
7. Network switching signal seems better with dual sim on (my S7E always has drop connectivity issues with dual sim at a certain spot whole traveling on the bus in orchard, but seems my Mate 10 dun have. Need more time to test this out)

Pain points:
1. Can't change font
2. Emui too strict in app management. Kills off apps even if they used workarounds like notification bar. Feels like MIUI style.
3. Notification LED - too dim. Or is it even working? Wonder how many colors does it support.

In regards to ur point 2, yes it's very similar to miui that have more controls over apps. You need to disable/ignore the battery management for that particular app so it doesn't get killed.

leonard87

Reaction score
Hi guys check with you all in something, does your phone drains alot of battery even when ur not using overnight? Coz I was charging till 99% yesterday 11pm, I unplugged it and when I wake up at around 6.15am,it has went down to 77%. Is it normal at all?

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys check with you all in something, does your phone drains alot of battery even when ur not using overnight? Coz I was charging till 99% yesterday 11pm, I unplugged it and when I wake up at around 6.15am,it has went down to 77%. Is it normal at all?

Battery life and stand by times are very good. You must have some app running in the background. For example Sometimes I forget to shut down Netflix and there's battery drain.

xblue8devilx

Reaction score

Try close all recent apps, then optimize from phone manager. After that switch to flight mode. For my mate 10 pro and mate 9,mostly they only drained 1%.

potatoinapot

Reaction score

For me I charge till 9pm 89% wake up 545 with 86% wifi and data off and all the other NFC BT things off but not airplane mode.
Also closed all apps but never optimise.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It depends what you have running in the background. You may think you killed the app, but some apps are notorious for persistently running in the background. I suspect the likes of some games and Facebook being some of them.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Isn't the Mate 10 Pro using AMOLED? The likes of Samsung S8 are using Super AMOLED.

Synchroniza

Reaction score
where u guys get casing and screen protector/tempered glass locally for mate 10 pro?

Last edited:

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
mate10 here, mine okay. got the blue blinking notification.
Mine is either not working or too dim. End up I configure the screen to turn on (iPhone style) instead. Else no way to admire the magazine cover at the login screen cos the fingerprint is too fast. :D

micshang

Reaction score
Mine is either not working or too dim. End up I configure the screen to turn on (iPhone style) instead. Else no way to admire the magazine cover at the login screen cos the fingerprint is too fast. :D

May i ask how you configure the screen to turn on?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.