Huawei Mate 20

kirium76

Reaction score
If its only a bit n doesnt affect u, I suggest you keep the LG.
Each got its good n bad. BOE has the visible shadow at the side, and for me some pink discoloration at the top. Tilt and its gone but holding on hand n using I can see it.

Want to see the shadow, go to 313 store n see their display set u will notice on a white screen.

See if u prefer green bleed or shadow at the sides on white screen.

For me, I rather have the green monster than shadow as it only visible at dimmer area n dark background like Spotify.
Able to take Pic to show boe discolouration at the sides?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

kirium76

Reaction score
Btw does the mate 20x exhibit similar screen issues as the pro? Both are oled...

kirium76

Reaction score
Shopee now offers $100 off electronics above $1000. So pro can get below $1.1k

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro can u read what we were talking about lol. I'm not saying all LG panels will have it, common sense tells you that isnt true, majority of LG panels are good. His scenario is, I quote, "cause my m20p also kena green tint", which means he already have the issue and it'll only get worse. Would really appreciate if you read before you anyhow comment, waste everyone's time.

Also, what you said once again isnt true either, please do some research. Some screens start to develop the issue at a later time, a couple of other users just here on this forum had no issues and just recently have the green tint appear. Please lah, you're on a forum, at least learn to read before making urself sound stupid. Maybe ure lucky urs had no issue, but please dont mislead other people when u have no idea what ure talking about

Dude read what clearly? I'm just telling you my experience and have to read how clearly? You said some screen don't have issues but have it later so.im telling you mind doesn't have it and until now still dont so need to read until cow come home to tell you my experience? I dunno who is sounding stupid.. this is the internet so you read everything with a grain of salt.. sharing experience also need to read clearly.. dude, get a life...

Also you do know people with issues tend to be more vocal than people without right? Which is why I'm sharing that my set that I got since launch until now still doesn't have bleeding issues and it's a LG screen so did I say anything wrong by sharing or you don't want to hear that?

Dunno why you are getting so defensive over sharing my experience anyway move on, this is just a forum to share info.

BTW, what's misleading is people thinking all LG panels have screen bleeding issues (or could have) which I'm saying that is not the case at least until now. I can't know the future so not going to predict it like you do..

Last edited:

p0mp0m

Reaction score
Shopee now offers $100 off electronics above $1000. So pro can get below $1.1k

Thanks for the heads-up, I hooted 20x.
But tiagong the discount code is fully redeemed.

bystander1965

Reaction score
The "shadows" on both ends and also top and bottom are a result of the curve glass. It's in fact refraction of the glass. If u tilt the phone in different direction u will see colour change.
I have greyish tint on both ends. If I tilt it they turn pinkish. I hv pinkish tints on top and bottom also. If u tilt the phone they also kind of change colour.
This is only obvious on white screen. The brighter the screen in white the more prominent they appear. My display setting is at mid point so it is not that obvious. Plus I am an audio person visual stuff like this is easy to "unsee" I am not sensitive to this.
Anyway a bit of colour in the background this effect is completely not noticeable to me.
I am sure it will appear in any curve display. My wife's s9 exhibits the same effect.
In fact when the green bleed first occurred the explanation the unofficial hw guy in UK gave I think was in this line though I didn't really read his explanation.
However the green bleed if it gets really bad it will spread more and more inwards covering more of the screen. And I think if u use it in low light u will definitely be disturbed by its existence.

Ps if u notice the shadow is thicker on one side I would fault the glass instead. It is most likely it is not uniformly formed on both sides.

Last edited:

bystander1965

Reaction score
BTW m20p under battery there is an entry that will convert interface settings to dark. I like darker settings as it is easier on my eyes and saves battery. And most apps that allow customisations of bg the first thing I normally do is change to some other easier to eyes darker colours.

And it so happens that this helps in masking the shadows thing for me. (The downside is probably if I try to use the phone under bright sunlight. I just have to blast the display to max. 😁 )

However there are a lot of apps that run with white bg though. And this might still irritate u if u are sensitive to this effect.

Last edited:

drmlxx

Reaction score
If its only a bit n doesnt affect u, I suggest you keep the LG.
Each got its good n bad. BOE has the visible shadow at the side, and for me some pink discoloration at the top. Tilt and its gone but holding on hand n using I can see it.

Want to see the shadow, go to 313 store n see their display set u will notice on a white screen.

See if u prefer green bleed or shadow at the sides on white screen.

For me, I rather have the green monster than shadow as it only visible at dimmer area n dark background like Spotify.

i dont really see any shadow on my lg set rn and the green tint abit only... and so far my green tint affects my night mode reddit and basically nothing else. some people say green tint gets worse over time but mine went from covering alot to covering sides only lol

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
The "shadows" on both ends and also top and bottom are a result of the curve glass. It's in fact refraction of the glass. If u tilt the phone in different direction u will see colour change.
I have greyish tint on both ends. If I tilt it they turn pinkish. I hv pinkish tints on top and bottom also. If u tilt the phone they also kind of change colour.
This is only obvious on white screen. The brighter the screen in white the more prominent they appear. My display setting is at mid point so it is not that obvious. Plus I am an audio person visual stuff like this is easy to "unsee" I am not sensitive to this.
Anyway a bit of colour in the background this effect is completely not noticeable to me.
I am sure it will appear in any curve display. My wife's s9 exhibits the same effect.
In fact when the green bleed first occurred the explanation the unofficial hw guy in UK gave I think was in this line though I didn't really read his explanation.
However the green bleed if it gets really bad it will spread more and more inwards covering more of the screen. And I think if u use it in low light u will definitely be disturbed by its existence.

Ps if u notice the shadow is thicker on one side I would fault the glass instead. It is most likely it is not uniformly formed on both sides.

Good explanation. But then I really don't rmb seeing the side shadow on the previous LG screen m20p. Same for any pinkish tint.
Just green bleed in the dark.

I guess the lucky ones who has the best screen will be those LG screen without green bleed and no side shadow. Lol.

Now just trying to unsee the shadow.. Mine is quite bad on the right. Left has some, but it's those u look for it then u see it, can unsee very easily.

but the right side shadow keeps getting my attention, it's just obviously there.

bystander1965

Reaction score
Good explanation. But then I really don't rmb seeing the side shadow on the previous LG screen m20p. Same for any pinkish tint.
Just green bleed in the dark.

I guess the lucky ones who has the best screen will be those LG screen without green bleed and no side shadow. Lol.

Now just trying to unsee the shadow.. Mine is quite bad on the right. Left has some, but it's those u look for it then u see it, can unsee very easily.

but the right side shadow keeps getting my attention, it's just obviously there.

If it's really refraction it should appear in all curved screen. It's physics. Like light passing through a prism. I didn't check my wife's S9 manufacturer. But it has the same colour tint as mine.
The other explanation I can think of for your LG case is the green "sort of" mask it. Maybe the green tint is supposed to counter that refraction problem. =:p
I really think your phone's right side glass is badly formed. Try using dark mode? :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.