Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

PinkGlory

Reaction score
What phone case is good for anti shock and not too heavy on the hands? I love my nillkin case but my tempered glass has cracks all over due to the drops a few times on the floor.

Sidler

Reaction score
What phone case is good for anti shock and not too heavy on the hands? I love my nillkin case but my tempered glass has cracks all over due to the drops a few times on the floor.

The original TPU that came with the phone is pretty good.
After changing a few cases, I find that original cases usually fit better and is not so bulky/heavy.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After changing a few cases, I find that original cases usually fit better and is not so bulky/heavy.

I bought a cheap phone case from Toa Payoh and it has a back ring kickstand. Stand on the table and good for watching movies ah

😁

Last edited:

PinkGlory

Reaction score

Agree, but the original plastic case looks quite dirty already. Does huawei shop still sells the transparent case? I haven't use the flip case that came with the phone though. It was given free i think.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had been using this original huawei case since I got the phone. Its the best case in my opinion as compared to leather flip case or transparent case.

ptzuU3Yl.jpg

But this case is only available from AliExpress. I can't find it locally.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably, some or most of you already known and have been using this App. I just wanna share this awesome AOD and Edge Notification lighting App for our Mate 20X which doesn't have a a dedicated LED Notification light.

It works awesomely! I'm loving it! :s22:

Credit goes to XDA poeple!

AMOLED

Last edited:

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably, some or most of you already known and have been using this App. I just wanna share this awesome AOD and Edge Notification lighting App for our Mate 20X which doesn't have a a dedicated LED Notification light.

It works awesomely! I'm loving it!
:s22:

Credit goes to XDA poeple!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newgen.alwayson

I presume one has to disable Emui own. AoD and activate this in place? Hows the battery life like? Any major difference against the default one?

Posted from PCWX using EVR-L29

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I presume one has to disable Emui own. AoD and activate this in place? Hows the battery life like? Any major difference against the default one?

Yup, I off the default AOD

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't use the stock AOD of Mate 20X. So, this App should replace the stock AOD! The AOD from this App has a lot more customization than the stock one! Oh ya! The basic/free version has its limitation of customization as usual. The Paid's "Pro version will have all features unlocked. This is one App that I'm willing to purchase the Pro version! :)

As for the battery life! It's good! The consumption is okay as far as I can read from the Battery usage statistic since yesterday after the installation. The developer claimed that the App is battery friendly and IMHO, I think it is! :s22:

Last edited:

Shib

Reaction score
I don't use the stock AOD of Mate 20X. So, this App should replace the stock AOD! The AOD from this App has a lot more customization than the stock one! Oh ya! The basic/free version has its limitation of customization as usual. The Paid's "Pro version will have all features unlocked. This is one App that I'm willing to purchase the Pro version! :)

As for the battery life! It's good! The consumption is okay as far as I can read from the Battery usage statistic since yesterday after the installation. The developer claimed that the App is battery friendly and IMHO, I think it is! :s22:
Really so good?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really so good?

Just use it. We have a huge battery. Come on.. Kekeke.

I'm not a battery juice freak. So, I'm okay with the battery consumption which I think it is okay. I'm not sure about the rest of people. Kekeke.

BTW, I use the AOD function only now. I don't really crazy about the edge lighting effect. The extra features of the AOD is awesome as compared to the primitive nature of the stock AOD. :)

Last edited:

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
other than clock, date and notification, is there other addon?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
other than clock, date and notification, is there other addon?

Apps notification and customazation functions on the AOD are awesome too. You can choose the size, the color, the font for time and date and bla bla bla.

Battery charging animation is cool too.

Double taps to wake screen or double tab to hear "The time is Xxxx hours and the battery is xx%" also cool among 7 choices of double taps functions. :)

Last edited:

ghostpullleg123

Reaction score
Apps notification and customazation functions on the AOD are awesome too. You can choose the size, the color, the font for time and date and bla bla bla.

Battery charging animation is cool too.

Double taps to wake screen or double tab to hear "The time is Xxxx hours and the battery is xx%" also cool among 7 choices of double taps functions. :)

how to double tap to hear?

Shib

Reaction score
i just purchase the pro,many features to customize compared to the stock aod
I just installed to try out. How do we know if it is working? Seems like the original emui still controling the phone... Anything to disable?

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just installed to try out. How do we know if it is working? Seems like the original emui still controling the phone... Anything to disable?

Did you disable the EMUI AOD first?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.