Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

Geros_Peters

Reaction score
Oh, true also. The huge battery is power.

Because its bigger flat screen and still OLED - Easier access to proper TG protectors.
Because camera same as the pro.
Because it's a Tear drop notch and not the huge notch.
Super huge battery.

So basically a huge m20 with the pro spec.
Sounds attractive to me too.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
This sound like a great phone if you can live with the size of this phablet. It won't be able to fit in my jeans pocket so this phone is not for me but I can certainly see using it at home to watch movies or gaming

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

For me I can don't carry my power bank with this 20X

:s13:

Last edited:

Kitschme

Reaction score
So far the mate 20 x managed to last whole day of watching videos on WiFi. My mum used to have her powerbank perpetually connected to the phone. But now she don't need to.

Fullstop197

Reaction score
I am curious after reading the specs of the Mate 20X, other than the bigger screen size, the Mate 20X has not advantages over the Mate 20 Pro. Only Mate 20 pro has IP 68 rating plus wireless charging with higher screen resolution. The mate 20X only has IP53 rating.

Other than the bigger screen size, what is the reason why so many people is looking to get the mate 20x?
Initially I was considering both and comparing. Then I decided that
Firstly the ip settings don't really apply to me because even though I have ip65-68 phones before, I don't bring them to water areas. So this function I don't need.
2ndly, the reverse charging I don't need. Why the hell would I want to use my phone to charge another person's phone? It is not a value add for me. I only carry one phone and others should prepare the battery juice for themselves and not get from me. If everyone does that, even give you a 10k mh phone battery also not enough. Everyone just think of you as a powerbank.
3rdly, the current fast charging on 20x is already fast enough. Don't need to be that super fast.

Eventually a phone is on what you really need. I need a big battery and a bigger screen that what I have in P20 Pro. M20 PRO is even smaller than my P20 Pro because of its curves. Not only that, it's smaller than my mate 9 spare phone. And the screen of mate 9 is most ideal which I liked till now.

So buy a phone which caters to your needs. Everyone is different

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

ckling

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, after I read your comment I also feel like getting it. True, the IP no use for me too, I also dare not risk it to bring to water... I afraid later spoilt liao need to argue with the customer service.

I don't need wireless charging as well, happy with super charge. Reverse charging also not practical for me, because it is going to be slow, I need to lend my phone to others while charging, then they also paiseh because I can't use it while charging... :s13:

Face ID and on screen fingerprint not that necessary either.

Initially I was considering both and comparing. Then I decided that
Firstly the ip settings don't really apply to me because even though I have ip65-68 phones before, I don't bring them to water areas. So this function I don't need.
2ndly, the reverse charging I don't need. Why the hell would I want to use my phone to charge another person's phone? It is not a value add for me. I only carry one phone and others should prepare the battery juice for themselves and not get from me. If everyone does that, even give you a 10k mh phone battery also not enough. Everyone just think of you as a powerbank.
3rdly, the current fast charging on 20x is already fast enough. Don't need to be that super fast.

Eventually a phone is on what you really need. I need a big battery and a bigger screen that what I have in P20 Pro. M20 PRO is even smaller than my P20 Pro because of its curves. Not only that, it's smaller than my mate 9 spare phone. And the screen of mate 9 is most ideal which I liked till now.

So buy a phone which caters to your needs. Everyone is different

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

Reaction score
OK la if got high ip rating no scare drop I. Toilet bowl n get drowned. If phone used until sticky can just wash it under the tap

Sent from Sony H8166 using GAGT

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score

Billy Law

Reaction score
The Huawei Mate 20 X will be launching in Singapore for less than S$1,200

A confirmed source has now informed us that the the Mate 20 X will indeed be launching in Singapore, and Huawei will announce a launch date and price sometime next week.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-huawei-mate-20-x-will-be-launching-singapore-less-s1200
Almost wanted to get the Note 9 but the Mate 20 X with a bigger screen, huge battery, great cameras and 2 years warranty will very likely be my next phone.

Last edited:

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This sound like a great phone if you can live with the size of this phablet. It won't be able to fit in my jeans pocket so this phone is not for me but I can certainly see using it at home to watch movies or gaming

but if u're buying to leave it at home, might as well buy a tablet for that, ipad half the price nia

ewng

Reaction score
If the price is $1,100/- can consider buying in Singapore because of the 2 year warranty but if it is more than that I think I am better off buying in Malaysia. These prices are all RRP so it is bound to drop from the small neighbourhood stalls after launch.

Good luck unless you know which ah beng hp shop in JB is reputable...their hp source is always a big question mark...

I'll rather wait for a while and buy from the reputable ah beng hp shop in SG...pay a little bit more and save lots of hassle... :)

Elnoxv

Master Member
Reaction score

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the HW shop at City Square a service centre?

if so, I dont mind getting the X from Msia.

what is the warranty like?

But no warranty right? At least msia can send in to city square JB's huawei stop, they can send to service centre - takes about a week. The service staff said if smaller issues the SG service centre may be able to help, dunno how true tho.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.