HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Giveaway] How will ASUS AiMesh benefit you?

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #16

Internet plan:
SingTel 1gbps

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):
Asus RT-AC3200U and Asus RT-AC68U (Wireless Bridge mode)

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!
Running Asus RT-AC3200U as main router but wireless signal can't reach the masterbed room. I have also Asus RT-AC68U but it is setup as Wireless Bridge mode to provide wired connections to all my machines in my study room.

It will be good to have another Asus router so that I can configure it as AiMesh to provide wireless signal to the bedrooms.

Mine is an old 5rm flat without wired connections unlike modern flats that can convert telephone points to LAN points thus I rely solely on wireless.

Hope AiMesh can help to eliminate wireless dead spots.
jowy_ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #17
Master Member

Tell us your:
- M1 Fibre Broadband 1Gbps
- RT-AC88U + RT-AC68U (wired AP mode)
- I actually tried out AiMesh the other day with my two existing routers. Surprisingly, the WIFI speed became slower, compared to my current setup. Wondering if the AC68 is the bottleneck. Hoping that the AC86 might unleash what AiMesh can really do.
kandinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #18

Internet plan: M1 500Mbps Fibre
Current router model (Yes, any brand will do): Asus AC68U (two years!) and Asus N56U (four years!) combo.
To get the best, you need to mesh! So you can surf full of zest unlike the rest!

Last edited by Project_Xco; 22-01-2018 at 11:45 PM..
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #19
Master Member

@ Asus@SG, @ Cheryl

What's the T&C for this lucky draw?

Sent from No $$ No Honey, Nobody ❤ Me using GAGT
Trans-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Internet plan: Starhub 500 Mbps Fibre
Current router model: Asus AC68U

Asus is my favorite brand. I have 1 laptop, 1 AIO, 1 mobile and 1 router in the house. All are from Asus.

After much research, AC68 is the best value router that I can find. This brand and model has the widest support from people all around the world.

I upgraded from N66 to AC68 a few months ago. The new router has never disappoint me. I have a Foscam camera and an external drive connected to it.

My router is good enough to serve every corner of my 4 room HDB flat. However some corners are experiencing lower speed. I would like to try out the Aimesh to further improve the speed at the furthest away corner of my house. If it is really good, I am going to recommend to all of my friends.

Aimesh is a cheap solution if you have older Asus routers or if you try to buy 2nd hand models that support Aimesh. Asus routers are easily traded in the 2nd hand marketplace because of the high supply.

Lastly, Aimesh is an environmentally friendly initiative because you can recycle the older routers instead of disposing them.

A snapshot of my old AC68 router which is up for more than 2 months already. Asus rocks!

Old 23-01-2018, 10:37 AM   #21
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, ASUS eCustomer Service Center

Here's the TnC. Updated in first post as well.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

@ Asus@SG, @ Cheryl

What's the T&C for this lucky draw?

ASUS@SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #22

Internet Plan:
StarHub 1Gbps

Current Router Model:
Dlink 868L (main)
Dlink DIR-825 (via wired AP)

currently i am using 2 routers, both provided by Starhub (i think) when re-contacting my home broadband. Staying in a maisonette, there is obvious blind spots in terms of wifi-coverage. AiMesh is something that will definitely address the wifi-blindspot issue. Unlike typical mesh-networks, AiMesh consists of 2 full functioning routers, which helps in network management and security. This is exactly why i have yet to jump on the mesh networking bandwagon. The options out there are incomplete, some do offer backhaul some do not. Some offer more controls over the network, some limited controls. Most of the mesh networks comes with only 2 wired ports, so if 1 is used for backhaul, means only 1 is available to use. Almost all routers come with 4 lan ports available, and i know Asus even have 1 that has 8ports.
So in short, AiMesh is what i am waiting for in terms of networking. Full functioning routers with mesh network functions also.
Just awaiting for more to feedback on the quality and stability. As per most router users, i like 24/7 functionality.
benjaminsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #23
Master Member

Internet plan:
Vq 1gbps fiber

Asus AC68

As everything has become digital, wireless coverage is essential to everyday life.

Both me and my mum love baking and we will get the recipes / video online. But there is an issue, dead spot in the kitchen.

So Everytime when we streaming baking video, we need to go in and out of the kitchen to watch the video.

With this, we hope this will improve our baking experience.

Trans-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #24

Internet plan
M1 200Mbps

Current Router Model :
Asus RT AC88U

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you! :
Inorder to solve some dead spots in my house. With Asus Aimesh, I can just have another Asus router to mesh. Most importantly, I don't lose the features that I needed. The Aiprotection, Game boost as well as VPN.. (I bought Asus router initially for these features). With others mesh system I don't think I can get the combine features in one system.
Simpsonskh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #25

Internet plan:
Singtel Fiber 1Gbps

Singtel AC1900 Elite Router

With ASUS AiMesh, dead spots or low wifi signals caused by thick walls and distance is no longer an issue. As such, it will solve dead zones all around my house due to the ground breaking mesh technology which improves wifi coverage and ease of use.
valentines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #26
Supremacy Member

Internet plan:

Starhub 1 Gbps Fibre

DLink DIR-868L 2 units Main & AP

Currently with 2 routers of same model even roaming within the premise can be a bit disruptive.
As i have tried autozoning on these routers but there are dis-advantages and shortfall.
Ideally home roaming on wireless should be similar to mobile data network.

ASUS AiMesh will be suitable to home wireless coverage.
For starter it is quick and easy to setup once.
Also it can add more routers as there are plenty of choice models to choose from.
Connection works seamlessly and stable as the main objective and priority.
In this way it connect in the background while on the go in and around the premise.
With these features it will provide the best performance.
And not to forget the advanced technology that ASUS did research on.
Finally with ASUS AiMesh it will fill the gap where it is distinction from other mesh system.

Thanks for reading.

Eric.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 06:10 AM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Internet plan

M1 fibre 500mbps

Asus RT-AC88U
Asus RT-AC68U
Asus RT-AC56S (still in storeroom)

I've been wanting to buy a mesh system to improve my wireless signal. Now with AiMesh, i can dig out my retired AC68U and give it a few more good years.
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 06:47 AM   #28

Internet plan:
M1 300Mbps Fiber

Current router model:
Asus NT-56U (absolute gem, working 24/7 since 2014)

My current NT-56U has served me well for all these years in my apartment, with the exception of one particular room where the WiFi coverage drops to almost nil.

AImesh will be able to make use of existing Asus routers (hopefully it supports NT-56U in the future) to help setup the mesh network to eliminate the 'dead spots' in my house, without needing to also purchase brand new mesh router sets.
shades80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #29
Master Member

Internet plan:
VQ 1gbps fiber

Asus AC88U (Main router @ DB Box)
Asus AC1200g+ (AP @ MBR)
Asus NT-56U (AP @ Common Room)

I am currently already doing pseudo AiMesh, router & APs setting up with same SSID and password so when I walk around the house, when 1 signal drop it will connect to the next strongest node. However, in this case it is not really ideal since the the handling of the wifi signal is not seamless. This method I am using now will suffer from very poor wifi signal even when I am walking close to another stronger node but my device still connected to a weaker node. And also the dropping of wifi for a period when switching to a stronger node. If I can have another AiMesh enabled router, it would be perfect for me to upgrade the AC1200g+ so I can have a more seamless wifi experience when playing mobile legends and have to walk from mbr to kitchen to grab a drink.

All my APs are wan wired to main router and have lan devices connected, so normal Mesh system does not really suit my needs as they do not have enough lan ports. With Asus AiMesh using existing router to setup as AiMesh really provide enough lan ports with the convenience of Mesh wifi system.

I used to own a AC68U and sold it off when I upgraded to AC88U, had I know ASUS will be implementing AiMesh, I would not have sold AC68U.

Last edited by spectral; 24-01-2018 at 11:27 AM..
spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #30
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, ASUS eCustomer Service Center

Up for Friday!
ASUS@SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.