HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Giveaway] How will ASUS AiMesh benefit you?

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #31

Internet plan:
Singtel Fibre 1Gbps.

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do) :
ASUS RT-AC5300

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!:
Currently, I am using ASUS RT-AC5300 with ASUS's beta version of AiMesh which works great! As the router is in the living room due to the position of ONT, my wifi speed in my bedroom is quite slow due to the walls in-between. I hope to upgrade to a mesh network and by adding another compatible AiMesh router, it will definitely boost my wifi speed in my bedroom as I am currently stuck on 2.4ghz in my bedroom and ensure that there is great wifi speed anywhere around the house.With AiMesh, I do not need to waste money to buy an expensive mesh system when I already have an expensive router!
U2gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #32

Internet Plan
• Singtel 300 Mbps Fibre

Current Router Model
• Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!
• Recalling back about 2 years ago where I first signed up for Singtel's Fiber plan, got the Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 and realised that I have a dead spot in my bedroom, I started the Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 thread on Hardware Zone to share information of this router and in hopes of solving this problem as well as the problems of many.

However, that did not work and I settled on a powerline adapter which gave me a high latency connection with terrible speeds. Had been thinking of getting a mesh system but most of the systems out there are either too expensive or not capable enough.

Now with the ASUS AiMesh, I can get to enjoy the best of both worlds, getting full feature router support with great speeds as well as a mesh network, all at a much lower cost than a similarly specced mesh system on its own. I would also finally be able to enjoy a high speed connection in my bedroom, of course after getting a compatible ASUS Router to compliment the ASUS RT-AC86U given in this giveaway
tjrsasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #33
High Supremacy Member

Internet plan

M1 1Gbps Fibre

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):

Asus RT-AC68U

As the Fibre TP is terminated at 1 corner of the living room of my 5 room flat near the entrance, the position of my router is unfortunately, quite limited to that area. Masterbed room and kitchen at the other ends usually have the weakest wifi strength. With the ASUS AiMesh, I can effectively cover those blindspots and deadzones with the ASUS AiMesh by adding another ASUS router! With AiMesh, I do not need to waste money to buy an expensive mesh system when I already have a Rock Solid Asus router!
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #34
Supremacy Member

Internet Plan
  • Fibre Broadband 300Mbps

Current router model
  • RT-AC1200G+

• With ASUS AiMesh, i can recycle unused (supported) ASUS routers to finally get rid of those dead wifi spots without spending a ton of money on an entire set of Mesh system. Another benefit is i can ask around to see who isn't using their ASUS routers anymore so i can make use of them without needing to buy, reduce wastage too!!
human_shieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #35

Internet plan

SingTel Fiber 1Gbps

Current router model

ASUS RT AC88U

I initially bought the AC88U because my mum was complaining that her room could not receive wifi signal. But even after getting it, the situation did not improve!

With the new AiMesh technology, I can put a router in her room so that she can get the wireless signal. I am not sure if it will work but please let me win the router so that I can test it out!
spidercyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #36

Internet plan:
M1 1gbps fiber

Current router model:

Asus AC1200g+

My other 2 bedrooms which is at the other far end of the house always have intermittent connection using wifi. Had bought Aztech wall plug for better connection. At times it also failed.

With aiMesh, hope it can provide better coverage.
Volvo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #37

Internet plan

M1 1Gbps Fibre

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)

1. Asus AC88U (ground floor)
2. Asus AC68U (second floor)
3. TP Link

I stay in a 3 storey semi-D, and I use the Asus AC88U as my main router on the ground floor, and the AC68U on the second floor, and a TP link on the third.

I have been contemplating getting a WIFI Mesh system as currently, whenever I move from the first to the second floor, if I am on a IP call on my mobile, the call will be disconnected when it changes from one wifi network to the next. With AiMesh, this will no longer be a problem!

And I have 2 young children whom I control their internet usage using the QOS and parental control to limit their use. Currently, when I change any of the settings, I have to do it for the 2 Asus routers, and unfortunately the TP Link does not have such features (so they can't use the wifi on the 3rd floor).

With the additional new Asus router, I will be able to activate AiMesh and link up all the routers in the whole house, and I will be able to control the features easily!
kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #38

Hello everyone!

Who thinks it's time for a giveaway from us?

Just before CES 2018, ASUS announced AiMesh Whole-Home Wi-Fi for ASUS Routers. For those who don't know what that is - AiMesh is basically a free new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi system, offering users a powerful and flexible alternative to proprietary mesh systems.

With AiMesh, all routers can still use all their own features, as well as all the features of the other routers — with easy central control of all settings from the ASUS Router mobile app or ASUSWRT. So great features like AiProtection, QoS and Parental Controls work across the entire network, ensuring that no-one can bypass them by connecting to a different router. (Just remember to always connect your highest-specification router to your internet service)

Read more about it here.

MODELS THAT SUPPORT AiMesh (In Singapore)
RT-AC88U Link
RT-AC86U Link
RT-AC68U Link

COMING SOON
ROG RAPTURE GT-AC5300
RT-AC5300

Now for the fun part, stand to win an ASUS RT-AC86U router from us! Here's how:

HOW TO WIN

Tell us your:
  • Internet plan
  • Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
  • Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!

Contest period: 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018

We'll pick and announce the THREE lucky winners that will be walking away with the router at the end of the contest/giveaway. T&Cs apply.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

Thank you,
ASUS Cheryl
My internet is 1gbps.
My router is RT-AC1200G+.
Asus AiMesh will be able to make my wireless in my house fully coverage. The bomb shelter is at the center of my house layout which cost wireless signal to be very weak or even no signal. With Asus AiMesh, I will not experience any dead spot and able to run my internet at full speed.
sianliaolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #39

Internet :M1 300Mbps
Router : pfsense

I have complete WiFi coverage in my house with 1 Ubiquiti AP, however that was not always the case. During the dark ages where I was subscribed to SingTel blazing fast 3Mbps DSL, I used the excellent router bestowed upon us. My family did not experience anything like it before, somehow it magically emitted internet. Me and my family huddled around it like a campfire to use its mysterious WiFi. Like a campfire it required maintenance. Occasionally when we were using it the WiFi would stop emitting and I crossed my fingers turn the device off and prayed to the gods hoping the WiFi would come back when I switch it back on. More often then not I was rewarded for my efforts (threatening to smash it to pieces) and continued using the internet until more encouragement was required. Fast forward to the time of enlightenment, I now know enough of networking to know WiFi is not the work of gods and with enough knowledge one can make the WiFi work indefinitely. However my father still does not see the light and believe that he has to be in close proximity to the router to bask in the warmth of WiFi. With Asus AiMesh, I can set up the shrine (router) at my dad place of worship (his room) It will greatly warm his heart to know the router is always by his side and he need not need to venture far to use the internet.
dryteletubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #40

Internet plan
- Singtel Fibre 1Gbps.

- Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900.

- Planing to get the ASUS RT-AC88U, with ASUS RT-AC86U i can maximize the coverage for my flat using AiMesh.
darkraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 08:32 PM   #41

Internet plan:
Starhub 1gbps fiber

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):
Asus AC5300

Looking forward to rock Aimesh with my AC5300 once the update is available, can’t wait to be synced to just one SSID and have awesome internet speeds all round the house!
XOhmGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #42

AiMesh Contest

Tell us your:

Internet plan :
M1 1GBps Bandwidth

Using Asus AC68U, Asus AC66U and Cisco AC1700 Router

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you :

Right now due to blind spots in my wifi coverage, I am much in need of a Mesh system. I am using 3 routers (1 as gateway and 2 as APs) using unsightly cables and handover is not smooth due to the routers and APs not being able to integrate and communicate with each other. With this AiMesh, I will keep the AC68U and probably get another Asus router in addition to the router I am going to receive from ASUS. All the cables and wifi handover headaches would finally be gone!
joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #43

ASUS AiMesh benefit for RP-AC68U

Hi ASUS@SG,

I would like to ask will there be a firmware upgrade for the Wireless AC1900 repeater to include the ASUS AiMesh benefit..?
AdrianChiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #44

Internet plan
Starhub 500mbps

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter POE as router and Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router Pro as AP

Living in a rented house means the possibility of no ethernet cable access. Having a mesh system would means being able to improve the internet connectivity by extending the reach. The current mesh system is often low on speed unless the backbone is ethernet based which is not hard in rented home.
Fronsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 09:24 AM   #45

Internet plan
Singtel 1Gbps

ASUS RT-AC5300

I bought the ASUS RT-AC5300 at the point when it was released. A few months later, Mesh devices became a hit. I was wondering why powerful routers are unable to work as a mesh network and then ASUS actually came up with AiMesh.

The ASUS RT-5300 provides very good connectivity speed but it is unable to cover my whole 4 rm HDB unit. I have tried a Wifi Extender but gave it away within a month. With the extender, my handphone does not actually switches around the network seamlessly. The handphone stays connected to the main router despite the weaker signal which will be solved by a Mesh network or AiMesh.

I like the idea of a mesh network from what I read but it would be such a waste to be 'throw' away the ASUS RT-AC5300 or just using it as a gateway to a Mesh network. Which it why I like the idea of AiMesh, it is a solution which allows me to retain my ASUS RT-AC5300 and also to set up a mesh network for my house.

It is good that ASUS is the 1st consumer network equipment provider to come up with the AiMesh feature. It shows that it has its current customers devices in mind.
w_logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.