Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #76
Master Member

Hmm I dont have such issues though.

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
fi5hbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #77

Perhaps u can try side by side first? See if the green switches to cyan? If it doesnt then perhaps it is a wiring issue. Ive set up two other Trios in other homes and dont have any issues too.

Iíll give it a shot
nox2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #78
Master Member

Great. Post back the results and we can learn together as well.

Old 17-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #79

Hello guys, is anyone facing an issue whereby Lyra Trio master unit, doing a speedtest through LAN port, and only get speeds locked at 300+Mbps speeds?

I tried my older router AC68u, did a speedtest through LAN and got 800+Mbps.

I have a 1Gbps fiber connection. Is it my Lyra that has problems? Or is there a hidden setting?

Thanks!
Old 18-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello guys, is anyone facing an issue whereby Lyra Trio master unit, doing a speedtest through LAN port, and only get speeds locked at 300+Mbps speeds?

I have a 1Gbps fiber connection. Is it my Lyra that has problems? Or is there a hidden setting?

Thanks!
If you reset and re config, does the speed return to normal ? You can also switch one of the nodes to act as the master unit to test if it could be a faulty unit.
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #81
Master Member

Thanks!
Double check to see if there is a double NAT.
Then try disabling AiProtection.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #82

Hi Maylyn, iMovies,

With the help from a Asus staff who is also my ex-collegue, I managed to get it up and working.. I would like to share what we have done.

First, set up all the 3 Trio nodes as usual over wireless backhaul using Lyra App.
This is can be done at one location. No need to position the nodes far away..
All 3 nodes should display Solid Cyan after a while.

Second, leave all the 3 nodes power on, use Lyra App to configure the nodes to AP mode. Since the 3 nodes works like a single device with single ssid, all 3 nodes will be configured to AP mode at one go.

Third, power off all the nodes and:
- Remove the existing cable connecting the switch and WAN port of node 1 and connect it to LAN port of node 1
- Deploy node 2 to actual location and connect cable from Ethernet point to LAN port of node 2
- Deploy node 3 to actual location and connect cable from Ethernet point to LAN port of node 3

Lastly, power on all nodes and wait for a while until:
- Node 1 turns Solid Cyan
- Node 2 turns Solid Green
- Node 3 turns Solid Green

Now, I am getting great speeds of 100~300mbps (down) and 400~600 (up) on all the 3 units using speedtest App on my handphone

But, there is one thing Asus can improve on the Trio.
I noticed that the nodes get a little warm after a long while, especially when you are going to leave it on for 24/7.
So, I would like to suggest to Asus to:
- Deem the LED lights when there is no traffic after a certain time frame
- Reduce the wifi transmission power when is no traffic after a certain time frame
- When there is any traffic or connection, it will resume normal brightness and wifi power

"Time frame" to be configurable by user. I believe this should be able to achieve through firmware upgrades..

I think this will increase the lifespan of the device and save energy.
Just got mine today. Thanks for the guide. Works great. Ethernet backhaul for all 3. Speedtest on wifi reached 400Mbps. Auto switch node when I move around the house.
shachok86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #83
Master Member

Hi all, I have just bought and installed the Asus Lyra Trio but I can't seem to find WPS button to connect wirelessly to my gadgets like wireless printer. Can't seem to find solution online too. Any kind soul could help to advise?

Guidance is much appreciated!
czheyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #84
Master Member

Hi all, I have just bought and installed the Asus Lyra Trio but I can't seem to find WPS button to connect wirelessly to my gadgets like wireless printer. Can't seem to find solution online too. Any kind soul could help to advise?

Don't think you can.

Old 15-11-2018, 05:21 PM   #85
Arch-Supremacy Member

I believe the "pairing" button is also the "WPS" button.
Old 15-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #86
Master Member

ONT -> AC68U -> wired to each room lan point -> lyra node
I'm unable to connect to node 2 and node 3.
is there something i need to look out?
i have follow the instruction to switch all to AP after setup.
CYAN GREEN GREEN which is correct.
gnixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 06:50 PM   #87
Master Member

Hi Maylyn, iMovies,

With the help from a Asus staff who is also my ex-collegue, I managed to get it up and working.. I would like to share what we have done.

First, set up all the 3 Trio nodes as usual over wireless backhaul using Lyra App.
This is can be done at one location. No need to position the nodes far away..
All 3 nodes should display Solid Cyan after a while.

Second, leave all the 3 nodes power on, use Lyra App to configure the nodes to AP mode. Since the 3 nodes works like a single device with single ssid, all 3 nodes will be configured to AP mode at one go.

Third, power off all the nodes and:
- Remove the existing cable connecting the switch and WAN port of node 1 and connect it to LAN port of node 1
- Deploy node 2 to actual location and connect cable from Ethernet point to LAN port of node 2
- Deploy node 3 to actual location and connect cable from Ethernet point to LAN port of node 3

Lastly, power on all nodes and wait for a while until:
- Node 1 turns Solid Cyan
- Node 2 turns Solid Green
- Node 3 turns Solid Green

Now, I am getting great speeds of 100~300mbps (down) and 400~600 (up) on all the 3 units using speedtest App on my handphone

But, there is one thing Asus can improve on the Trio.
I noticed that the nodes get a little warm after a long while, especially when you are going to leave it on for 24/7.
So, I would like to suggest to Asus to:
- Deem the LED lights when there is no traffic after a certain time frame
- Reduce the wifi transmission power when is no traffic after a certain time frame
- When there is any traffic or connection, it will resume normal brightness and wifi power

"Time frame" to be configurable by user. I believe this should be able to achieve through firmware upgrades..

I think this will increase the lifespan of the device and save energy.
the green color node i cannot get connection.
gnixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 12:19 AM   #88
Master Member

I believe the "pairing" button is also the "WPS" button.
Don't think you can.

Thanks for the advice. Shall go try using the "pair" button and see if it works. Just checked on Asus website and it does indicate "1 x WPS button" for Asus Lyra Trio. Strange. https://www.asus.com/ae-en/Networkin...pecifications/
czheyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.