[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC5300

maserluv

Reaction score
Hi kira.yiktah,

That's the revised version for RT-AC5300 for the antenna to stay in place when tightened.

Regards Wayne

Hey, I just got a second RT-AC5300 to use as aimesh with my existing RT-AC5300 and I'm curious how come this one has rubber washers on the parts where the router antennae screw onto. Do any of you guys have that on your AC5300 too?

IMG-20200214-183328.jpg

maserluv

Reaction score
Hi kira.yiktah,

Whats your firmware version of the Router?

Regards Wayne

Getting really frustrated with my home network setup. I have an issue that pops up from time to time where the speeds of every other device gets throttled like crazy when the TV is switched on and in use. It's an LG TV connected through Ethernet. Ridiculous thing is that the TV is only 100Mbps port, yet it messes everything up. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't want to use QoS as Charlie_Zhan and other experts have said that's for people with low bandwidth, and since this is a 1Gbps plan, that shouldn't be necessary. Moreover, using QoS turns off hardware acceleration, so that's no good.

ckh98258

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing your AC5300 out of sudden don't have any network connection and got to restart the whole router to resume back to norm? :s11:

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone had this issue where your 5ghz just died and can’t be found?

Can’t seem to solve it, would appreciate any suggestions

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both issues got similarities. Here' is how I would troubleshoot.

1. Check that you are on the latest firmware. If the issue only came about after a recent update, rollback to the older firmware. If you need to download the older firmware, get it here https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RT-AC5300/HelpDesk_Download/

2. Reset the router after the update/downgrade.

3. test and monitor. if you still suffer from the missing 5GHz, the chip might be faulty.

Anyone had this issue where your 5ghz just died and can’t be found?

Can’t seem to solve it, would appreciate any suggestions

Anyone experiencing your AC5300 out of sudden don't have any network connection and got to restart the whole router to resume back to norm? :s11:

ckh98258

Reaction score
Just curious you guys usually update firmware via WiFi or LAN connection? If I’m LAN which port you normally use?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious you guys usually update firmware via WiFi or LAN connection? If I’m LAN which port you normally use?

When you trigger the firmware update from within router webui or app, it will proceed to download and update as it's already connected to the internet via your modem.

You can also opt from manual update. In this case, you download it from the support page first, unzip it. Select it the webui update page.

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both issues got similarities. Here' is how I would troubleshoot.

1. Check that you are on the latest firmware. If the issue only came about after a recent update, rollback to the older firmware. If you need to download the older firmware, get it here https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RT-AC5300/HelpDesk_Download/

2. Reset the router after the update/downgrade.

3. test and monitor. if you still suffer from the missing 5GHz, the chip might be faulty.

i didn't update the firmware, suddenly the 5GHZ came back for a week and it was gone again.

Asus doesn't automatically update the firmware am i right?

none

Reaction score
Interestingly I started having this issue recently (Wifi completely down), sometimes after restart it will work for an hour or so and hang again.

I thought it was a new firmware issue, after going back to the old one still having the same issue.

Did a hard reset and restore setting, going to monitor for a while

ckh98258

Reaction score
Interestingly I started having this issue recently (Wifi completely down), sometimes after restart it will work for an hour or so and hang again.

I thought it was a new firmware issue, after going back to the old one still having the same issue.

Did a hard reset and restore setting, going to monitor for a while

My unit less than a year old now on average once a month the wifi will be down and I got to restart the unit again.

Anyway now I'm on Merlin firmware, not sure if bring to service ctr do I need to upload Asus official firmware first then bring over.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My unit less than a year old now on average once a month the wifi will be down and I got to restart the unit again.

Anyway now I'm on Merlin firmware, not sure if bring to service ctr do I need to upload Asus official firmware first then bring over.

To avoid any potential warranty issue, better flash back to stock before send in.

precise

Reaction score
i didn't update the firmware, suddenly the 5GHZ came back for a week and it was gone again.

Asus doesn't automatically update the firmware am i right?

I have the issue for months already. Already 5GHz Channel2 is working. Channel 1 intermittently appear and disappear. Done all the troubleshooting and not consistently working.

Give up liao.

Montoya

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the issue for months already. Already 5GHz Channel2 is working. Channel 1 intermittently appear and disappear. Done all the troubleshooting and not consistently working.

Give up liao.

Set to manual channel & place router on a laptop cooler. Somehow the chip gets overheated & wifi channels will just go missing.

none

Reaction score
I tried rolling back 2 different versions of the Merlin firmware and they didn't really help.

So i went back to the latest stock Asus firmware. After update, reset the configuration and set everything back manually.

Surprising it had been rock stable for the last 3 days!

maserluv

Reaction score
There is a new firmware update,

3.0.0.4.384_81792

Tried it if you haven't.

Regards Wayne

I tried rolling back 2 different versions of the Merlin firmware and they didn't really help.

So i went back to the latest stock Asus firmware. After update, reset the configuration and set everything back manually.

Surprising it had been rock stable for the last 3 days!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.