www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   [Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC86U (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/%5Bmaylyn-networking%5D-asus-rt-ac86u-5678796.html)

weng 29-05-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 114655501)
Testing results from hardware-canucks review back in 2013:


sorry bro i really can't relate... i tried d/l the lan speed test app mentioned in the article and randomly ran it... duno what to set also... and got this:

Packet Size: 1 MB to 1 MB
Packet Size Avg: 1,000,000 Bytes
Packets: 1
Total Test Time: 0.4977652 sec
Throughput: Average
Write: 0.0188 (426,069,034)
Read: 0.0048 (1,674,551,011)
Write Speed: 426.07 Mbps
Read Speed: 1,674.55 Mbps
Write Cache: Disabled
Read Cache: Disabled
Status: Finished...


means....?

iamkek 30-05-2018 11:06 AM

Missing 5 GHz SSID
 
The 5GHz SSID seems to be disappear for my AC86U router. I have tried to reset the router but it doesn't seem to work. I also noticed that the the light on the router for the 5 GHz band is off. Anyone else encountered the same issue?

I have no issues with the 2.4 GHz SSID.

Any advice would be appreciated.

kashix 30-05-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkek (Post 114669607)
The 5GHz SSID seems to be disappear for my AC86U router. I have tried to reset the router but it doesn't seem to work. I also noticed that the the light on the router for the 5 GHz band is off. Anyone else encountered the same issue?

I have no issues with the 2.4 GHz SSID.

Any advice would be appreciated.

don't have this issue, you might want to go RMA.

AcEz874 14-06-2018 11:08 PM

Hi guys! i bought a Asus RT-AC86U for my new house and when the singnet technician came over to fix my network he refused to help me install and configure my Asus RT-AC86U :(

Now i'm stuck with the router don't haven any idea what to do (im a network noob), i do know abit of the basic setup like from Fibre termination point to Optical Network Terminal then dual band router but i don't how to configure the AC86U from scratch, can any brother help me out?

I just need it to have 2.4ghz/5ghz wireless connection and Miotv too.

xonix 15-06-2018 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcEz874 (Post 114945660)
Hi guys! i bought a Asus RT-AC86U for my new house and when the singnet technician came over to fix my network he refused to help me install and configure my Asus RT-AC86U :(

Now i'm stuck with the router don't what to do, i do know abit of the basic setup like from Fibre termination point to Optical Network Terminal then dual band router but i don't how to configure the AC86U from scratch, can any brother help me out?

I just need it to have 2.4ghz/5ghz wireless connection and Miotv too.

First of all, can you check if you are using ONT or ONR ?

AcEz874 15-06-2018 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 114948019)
First of all, can you check if you are using ONT or ONR ?

Hi xonix! i checked already it the black ONR~ Optical Network Router, i'm really clueless about how to set it up D: could you help me? :eek: many thanks!

renfred89 15-06-2018 07:39 AM

If it's an onr, you can turn your Ac86u into an ap and it will work..

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcEz874 (Post 114948155)
Hi xonix! i checked already it the black ONR~ Optical Network Router, i'm really clueless about how to set it up D: could you help me? :eek: many thanks!


AcEz874 15-06-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renfred89 (Post 114948714)
If it's an onr, you can turn your Ac86u into an ap and it will work..



I read about AP mode but i never set up a Asus router which is quite sophisticated to me, so all i need to do is turn on AP mode that's all? it will be able to miotv too? :eek: do i need to update to latest firmware ?

xonix 15-06-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcEz874 (Post 114949135)
I read about AP mode but i never set up a Asus router which is quite sophisticated to me, so all i need to do is turn on AP mode that's all? it will be able to miotv too? :eek: do i need to update to latest firmware ?

MIO TV just connect directly to ONR.


AcEz874 15-06-2018 03:57 PM

Just to update you guys, i tried and setup myself few hours ago and everything is fine now!

I didn't set it to AP mode and my miotv and everything worked :O i'm using Optical Network Router (ONR) what i did was

1) Power up my RT AC86U router
2) Connect my WAN port to my AC86U
3) I plugged in a Cat6 Ethernet cable into my Router Lan port 1
4) Plugged it into my Laptop
5) Go to browser key in 192.168.1.1
6) The Setup of router login information page appeared, i entered my Asus login credential
7) It went straight to 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless setup, i don with it
8) I clicked apply and the router configured itself
9) Asus login page appeared and i entered my credential
10) Miotv connected and running before even i can go into Administration tab to change it to AP mode :eek:


I'm not sure am i doing it the right way but my 2.4ghz/5ghz working properly and miotv is fine~ i tried shutdown my router and onr for couple of minutes and on it back, everything was fine. I'm not running no AP mode and able to use miotv and wireless properly D: Speed was tested for 5ghz wireless D/L 500+/- and upload 300+/- and i tested Wired too the D/L speed was 900+/- and upload 490+/-

andynamics 25-06-2018 10:14 PM

why firmware always auto update (3.0.0.4.384_20648)?
 
Strange that my AC86U keeps auto-update to the same firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_20648, and NOT even allowing me to choose a firmware file to upload.

Whether I click on the exclamation mark on the front menu upper top right, or the firmware version number on the front menu top, or the Administration tab -> Firmware Upgrade tab, they all automatically download the same old version.

And with this version, my 5GHz cannot connect to any client at all.

Any advice?

xonix 25-06-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andynamics (Post 115141598)
Strange that my AC86U keeps auto-update to the same firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_20648, and NOT even allowing me to choose a firmware file to upload.

Whether I click on the exclamation mark on the front menu upper top right, or the firmware version number on the front menu top, or the Administration tab -> Firmware Upgrade tab, they all automatically download the same old version.

And with this version, my 5GHz cannot connect to any client at all.

Any advice?

Try manual download firmware and upload. Else try firmware restoration. All files can be found on product support page.

andynamics 25-06-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 115141829)
Try manual download firmware and upload. Else try firmware restoration. All files can be found on product support page.

Thks, managed to manual download latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21045 and restore it.

However, my clients still cannot connect to 5GHz and there is no LED light on the 5GHz.

What are the chances that my router is partially damaged (as in the 5GHz fails to work)?

andynamics 25-06-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andynamics (Post 115143098)
Thks, managed to manual download latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21045 and restore it.

However, my clients still cannot connect to 5GHz and there is no LED light on the 5GHz.

What are the chances that my router is partially damaged (as in the 5GHz fails to work)?

To add on, they all used to work fine in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, until one of the firmware update around Apr 18... then things started to behave erratically.

trenzterra 26-06-2018 09:03 AM

Hi all, I've been using the ac-86u for a few months already. Everything is great, just that when I cast my screen using Chromecast (1st gen), it disconnects after about 20 to 30 minutes. Any idea why this happens and how I can resolve this?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.