www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/)
-   -   [Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC86U (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/%5Bmaylyn-networking%5D-asus-rt-ac86u-5678796.html)

xonix 26-06-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenzterra (Post 115146628)
Hi all, I've been using the ac-86u for a few months already. Everything is great, just that when I cast my screen using Chromecast (1st gen), it disconnects after about 20 to 30 minutes. Any idea why this happens and how I can resolve this?

Stream the same content at the same time with chromecast and your mobile device. If the mobile device doesn't disconnect, then it's the chromecast loh :s13:

trenzterra 26-06-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 115147580)
Stream the same content at the same time with chromecast and your mobile device. If the mobile device doesn't disconnect, then it's the chromecast loh :s13:

Yeah but on my previous router 868L I had no issues. Previously I remember I had similar issues with my old n66u so dunno is it a configuration issue or what.

Charlie_Zhan 26-06-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenzterra (Post 115146628)
Hi all, I've been using the ac-86u for a few months already. Everything is great, just that when I cast my screen using Chromecast (1st gen), it disconnects after about 20 to 30 minutes. Any idea why this happens and how I can resolve this?

is your Chromecast connected to 5ghz? if it is, try connecting it to 2.4ghz instead

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

dryteletubby 26-06-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenzterra (Post 115146628)
Hi all, I've been using the ac-86u for a few months already. Everything is great, just that when I cast my screen using Chromecast (1st gen), it disconnects after about 20 to 30 minutes. Any idea why this happens and how I can resolve this?

If rebooting you router solve this issue it may be a mdns bug

https://www.reddit.com/r/chromecast/comments/76mnh4/_/

trenzterra 27-06-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Zhan (Post 115150270)
is your Chromecast connected to 5ghz? if it is, try connecting it to 2.4ghz instead

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

My Chromecast is v1 so only 2.4ghz only. It happens consistently after reboot.

Maybe I should try getting a V2 Chromecast to see if same issue... But when I cast Netflix all those, no issue. Only when I cast screen to watch video then cannot :(

Jirachi 18-07-2018 03:39 PM

Just got one today. Is there a significant difference between AsusMerlin vs Stock firmware apart from additional features and bug fixes?

Bubbachuck 24-07-2018 08:18 AM

Hi. I am planning to replace my 88u with this 86u due to 5ghz instability in 88u. Could you please confirm that 5ghz connection on 86u is stable and no dropping in connection?

Charlie_Zhan 24-07-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbachuck (Post 115647450)
Hi. I am planning to replace my 88u with this 86u due to 5ghz instability in 88u. Could you please confirm that 5ghz connection on 86u is stable and no dropping in connection?

so far no 5ghz issues for me.. I'm running on Merlin wrt

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Bubbachuck 25-07-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Zhan (Post 115653193)
so far no 5ghz issues for me.. I'm running on Merlin wrt

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Thanks for confirmation. How to download ang install Merlin wrt?

xonix 25-07-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbachuck (Post 115664231)
Thanks for confirmation. How to download ang install Merlin wrt?

Read here: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/home

Do it at your own risk, not responsible if it kills your router.

Bubbachuck 26-07-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 115665058)
Read here: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/home

Do it at your own risk, not responsible if it kills your router.

But is 5Ghz working stable in normal firmware?

VANT 01-08-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbachuck (Post 115684476)
But is 5Ghz working stable in normal firmware?

i use official Asus FW and 5GHz is rock stable.

Bubbachuck 10-08-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VANT (Post 115787824)
i use official Asus FW and 5GHz is rock stable.

What firmware version are you using?

VacheronLim 11-08-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbachuck (Post 115926590)
What firmware version are you using?

am using the latest Asus FW too, no issues with both 2.4 and 5GHz channel

Peach Tea 08-09-2018 05:18 AM

Hi Guys. After 5 long years my AC86U up lorry. What model do your guys recommend? Tia


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.