HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC86U

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #61

Finally, this model hv released the firmware to solve KRACK. Mayb the first in the Asus router?
Simpsonskh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #62

Hey y'all! I'm a new member of this club lol.

Just got this router at the recent CEF at Suntec, S$299. Thought that pricing will be gone so I faster bought it.

Anyway, on first boot, the router auto update to the latest FW. The LED light for my WAN is red in colour since then... Is this normal for you guys? I got full internet and all but just that this particular light is red. Others all in white. Rebooted, unplugged power and internet plug - still same results. Hope I'm not the only one..?

Connection is to router is direct from Huawei modem (M1). Hmm.....
Old 06-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #63
Master Member

Just got this router at the recent CEF at Suntec, S$299. Thought that pricing will be gone so I faster bought it.

Anyway, on first boot, the router auto update to the latest FW. The LED light for my WAN is red in colour since then... Is this normal for you guys? I got full internet and all but just that this particular light is red. Others all in white. Rebooted, unplugged power and internet plug - still same results. Hope I'm not the only one..?

Think is the bug in the latest F/W, if working as fine just ignore it. Wait for next firmware to see if it's fixed.
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you do a factory reset after the update ?
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #65

I had this bug too. I pressed the led button behind the router a few times then it was back to normal
finalforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #66

kashix::
Agreed.

xonix::
Hmm... I don't think I want to resort to that. Worst case is factory reset then the red light still there.. Then have to redo all settings lol!

finalforce::
Thanks for the tip!! This works for me!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

kashix::
Agreed.

xonix::
Hmm... I don't think I want to resort to that. Worst case is factory reset then the red light still there.. Then have to redo all settings lol!

finalforce::
Thanks for the tip!! This works for me!
That's what the save and restore settings function is for

Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #68
Master Member

That's what the save and restore settings function is for

How’s ur experience with this router so far? Feel like hooting 1 to play ~ 1 thing for sure is this router is fast AF
Old 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #69

I have the 87U router and it has caused me many problems, the reviews here are more like target marketing than really make any good comparisons.

I found a website that pits this "newer better" model to the older model and found it is not much better at all. Waste of money looking at the Wireless strength. I don't trust so called reviewers here, eversince the 87U bs router.

hanz170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:24 AM   #70

Floorplan on the test performed.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have the 87U router and it has caused me many problems, the reviews here are more like target marketing than really make any good comparisons.

I found a website that pits this "newer better" model to the older model and found it is not much better at all. Waste of money looking at the Wireless strength. I don't trust so called reviewers here, eversince the 87U bs router.

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/QA1AgBV.jpg[/img]

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/BkTWThd.jpg[/img]

Reviews are IMO for reference only, you can't really take it word for word. Besides, every one has a different setup or layout, you will not get the same results.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:41 AM   #72

Reviews are IMO for reference only, you can't really take it word for word. Besides, every one has a different setup or layout, you will not get the same results.
That's absolutely true, however you just need to Google ASUS 5GHz issues and it will pop-up like wildfires.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #73
Master Member

That's absolutely true, however you just need to Google ASUS 5GHz issues and it will pop-up like wildfires.
87U was problematic hence EOL-ed already.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #74

87U was problematic hence EOL-ed already.
Precisely, people unknowingly read this type of reviews are being blind-sided, in fact I think the 87U should not have been a product, we are being used as guinea pigs to test out and give feedback on bugs and still these bugs were never truly resolved, pay money to get bs product.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

Personally I only had the AC87U for a few months than I passed on to my relative. Maybe my usage is not intensive, I never ran into major issues with 5 Ghz on it. And I don't hear anything from my relative so I believe they also not having problems with it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.