[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

Simpsonskh

Reaction score
I didn't try 380.64 as I saw that it was also back ported from 4180...

Alright, going to try 3941 as 380.63 is also dropping...what a disappointment that Asus still didn't fix it after so long.

The only reason I chose Asus is because I used N56U in the past and it was a really good router...

Also, did anyone brought the router to their service center? Mine was already revision A5...

5Ghz?

No worry! 3941 shuold wrok. If not u need to review yuor installatoin prcoedure liao.

Then bnag table at SC:s22:

omelet

Reaction score
No worry! 3941 shuold wrok. If not u need to review yuor installatoin prcoedure liao.

Then bnag table at SC:s22:

Flashed to 3941 and restore default...will see how it goes..

BTW, did you spell like that on purpose? :s13:

omelet

Reaction score
Survived the night without dropping...

Also just noticed firmware 7266 is now available..:eek:

omelet

Reaction score
Tonight free then try...Since I am the only one using 5Ghz.
Mine doesn't drop quickly so have to wait at least a few days.

evildoctor

Reaction score
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266
Bug fixed
- Fixed Android phone tethering mode detecting issue in quick internet setup process.
- Fixed PPPoE related issue.
- Fixed client rename issue in network map.
- Fixed network tool issues.
- Fixed wake on lan issues.

Modification
- Added automatic standby mode for CE Ecodesign directive.

cstrikecz

Reaction score
Have u tried 3941?;)
4180 hv drop line issue on 5G:s22:
Tried 3941, both 2.4 and 5 drop after a while. Any idea what issue am I facing exactly? I RMAed the previous one due to WIFI chip being fried, meaning to say my current set is completely new! :mad:

evildoctor

Reaction score
Have you all off smart connect? Maybe I got a solution for you guys. Try to operate the router in AP mode. Means you have to use your SingTel router as the main one then connect it to your Asus router. I currently have two 88u operating in AP Mode. So far everything has been smooth sailing except occasionally slow speed etc.

omelet

Reaction score
The drop issue is like when you using halfway on your phone, the wifi connection suddenly DC?

All devices connected to 5Ghz will suddenly disconnect, and if tried to scan for network the 5Ghz disappeared. It will reappear after 10~20min? But connecting back will give you a really slow speed.

Have you all off smart connect? Maybe I got a solution for you guys. Try to operate the router in AP mode. Means you have to use your SingTel router as the main one then connect it to your Asus router. I currently have two 88u operating in AP Mode. So far everything has been smooth sailing except occasionally slow speed etc.

Smart connect is always off. Reason I got another router is because Viewqwest's Zhone router is having random lag issue even with lan, so operating in AP mode isn't really an option for me. So far AC88U got rid of that random lag but introduced unstable 5Ghz...:s13:

No wonder bug fix never state any 5Ghz stability solved.:s8:

What is Asus doing. Never read our post.:spin:

Tried sending them feedback through the router when on 7266...

Tried 3941, both 2.4 and 5 drop after a while. Any idea what issue am I facing exactly? I RMAed the previous one due to WIFI chip being fried, meaning to say my current set is completely new! :mad:

That's even worst...think you might need to return it to service center again...

Simpsonskh

Reaction score

For 3941 I hv no issue on 2.4G. As for 5G, I only got disconnected when watching VLC player on tablet. But its immedately reconnect. Youtube on 1080p got no problem at all.

If u don't hv any fancy setting and most them are on default then should hv no problem.:s8:

Cannot b freid agian=:p

BTW, how can u fried yr router?

Last edited:

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am having problem accessing the router menu page. It open a web page and the message say waiting for 192.168.1.1 .

Previously, I have no problem accessing the router web page from the computer. I have try it on other computer on the network but still cannot access the router menu.

Is there any other solution other than reset the whole router to factory setting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.