[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

Super

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just joined the AC3200 family. :D

Anyone turn on Smart Connect? Is the default setting for Smart Connect good? Anyone alter it? Can share your setting?

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just joined the AC3200 family. :D

Anyone turn on Smart Connect? Is the default setting for Smart Connect good? Anyone alter it? Can share your setting?

Turn it off for now ... Still work in progress...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Turn it off for now ... Still work in progress...

I can sense the words u said is making him mad.. Buy a smart connect router with no smart connect.. But coverage can extend to ground level.. Hahas

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can sense the words u said is making him mad.. Buy a smart connect router with no smart connect.. But coverage can extend to ground level.. Hahas

If summaries for him make him mad then jialat liao. In fact I will expect any one who hoot 3200 already do a google and reached smallbuildernet , completes at least the top few thread of 3200 understand what is BF , 3x3 , Aiprotection , different brand router how they do smart connect including Netgear Linksys , which set of 5ghz antenna is weaker signal etc etc... Before key in pin number at NETS machine and carry a unit home ....

Now ask too late liao....:D

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If summaries for him make him mad then jialat liao. In fact I will expect any one who hoot 3200 already do a google and reached smallbuildernet , completes at least the top few thread of 3200 understand what is BF , 3x3 , Aiprotection , different brand router how they do smart connect including Netgear Linksys , which set of 5ghz antenna is weaker signal etc etc... Before key in pin number at NETS machine and carry a unit home ....

Now ask too late liao....:D

Yeah indeed late.. Hahas hope he is prepared to take the blow..

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah indeed late.. Hahas hope he is prepared to take the blow..

Wont be a blow .. Dont worry... Asus too ambitious making all 3 band to auto connect .. They should just provide the option to only to the 2x 5ghz band just like Linksys .. It will handle current getting popular 5ghz devices .

It is a solvable issue ... Unlike issue that seem to the at fundamental level ... If you know what I mean...

So no worry just come over ...

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already knew the Smart Connect issue from SNB forum. Just curious did anyone turn it on here. :D
I am having my own setting that suitable for me.... so far my devcies started to go into the correct zone .

Not one rule suitable for all .... you have to understand the terms (PHY Rate Less / PHY Rate Greater/ RSSI etc etc ) and measure the db range in your house for various devices and tune accordingly .

Read this - http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...us-rt-ac3200-smart-connect-the-missing-manual

Super

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

I am having my own setting that suitable for me.... so far my devcies started to go into the correct zone .

Not one rule suitable for all .... you have to understand the terms (PHY Rate Less / PHY Rate Greater/ RSSI etc etc ) and measure the db range in your house for various devices and tune accordingly .

Read this - http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...us-rt-ac3200-smart-connect-the-missing-manual

Please lah. If I throw 50 wireless devices at it its suppose to settle everything for me. No need for me to worry which zone each device shall go, right?

If I need to worry then this router should not be worthy of buying leow... must remember what is PHY Rate Less/PHY Rate Greater/RSSI etc. Why this router so stupid wan meh?

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please lah. If I throw 50 wireless devices at it its suppose to settle everything for me. No need for me to worry which zone each device shall go, right?

If I need to worry then this router should not be worthy of buying leow... must remember what is PHY Rate Less/PHY Rate Greater/RSSI etc. Why this router so stupid wan meh?
Yap ... you are right for the first line in theory.

The fact is that now it is a Nope ... that is not practically working now. By default all the rule in the stock firmware is totally not usable. AC device ended in 2.4G while some 2.4G old device cannot connect (my experience).

2 choices on the table now

1) Disable Smart Connect , and wait for the day the Asus bring in the magic that meet this situation - throw 50 wireless devices at it its suppose to settle everything for me. No need for me to worry which zone each device shall go.

2) Go into the Smart connect rule page , understand the setting (honestly I don't understand some of the terms too but just have a learn other people setting at forum and try an error myself to something suitable for myself.

Now I am able to group all old devices 2.4G into 1 band while I am able to distribute 5Ghz devices into 2 different band. Still trying the setting of not DC when 5Ghz drop down to 2.4Ghz.

Well , up to individual choice.

Honestly as I playing the setting - I honestly think that it might not happen the magic that able to come out with a situation that suitable for all buyer. The router have to be real intelligent ....

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my current rule which so far the best .

1EQrDs9.png

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope Asus will fix the default Smart Connect settings when releasing a new firmware along with the Singtel updates soon.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just found out we can rename the mac address to the actual name of the device so we can identify the device by the given name instead of mac addresses.

Just click on the icon of the device under Client Status. You can also change the icons to fit the device, it has icons for Windows, IOS, IP Cam, PS4 and Xbox.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.