HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #91
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah indeed late.. Hahas hope he is prepared to take the blow..
Already knew the Smart Connect issue from SNB forum. Just curious did anyone turn it on here.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #92
High Supremacy Member

Already knew the Smart Connect issue from SNB forum. Just curious did anyone turn it on here.
I am having my own setting that suitable for me.... so far my devcies started to go into the correct zone .

Not one rule suitable for all .... you have to understand the terms (PHY Rate Less / PHY Rate Greater/ RSSI etc etc ) and measure the db range in your house for various devices and tune accordingly .

Read this - http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...missing-manual
trichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

Give a try on this SC rule....

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asu...-2#post-175987
Thank you.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am having my own setting that suitable for me.... so far my devcies started to go into the correct zone .

Not one rule suitable for all .... you have to understand the terms (PHY Rate Less / PHY Rate Greater/ RSSI etc etc ) and measure the db range in your house for various devices and tune accordingly .

Thank you again.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

Please lah. If I throw 50 wireless devices at it its suppose to settle everything for me. No need for me to worry which zone each device shall go, right?

If I need to worry then this router should not be worthy of buying leow... must remember what is PHY Rate Less/PHY Rate Greater/RSSI etc. Why this router so stupid wan meh?
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:43 PM   #96
High Supremacy Member

Please lah. If I throw 50 wireless devices at it its suppose to settle everything for me. No need for me to worry which zone each device shall go, right?

If I need to worry then this router should not be worthy of buying leow... must remember what is PHY Rate Less/PHY Rate Greater/RSSI etc. Why this router so stupid wan meh?
Yap ... you are right for the first line in theory.

The fact is that now it is a Nope ... that is not practically working now. By default all the rule in the stock firmware is totally not usable. AC device ended in 2.4G while some 2.4G old device cannot connect (my experience).

2 choices on the table now

1) Disable Smart Connect , and wait for the day the Asus bring in the magic that meet this situation - throw 50 wireless devices at it its suppose to settle everything for me. No need for me to worry which zone each device shall go.

2) Go into the Smart connect rule page , understand the setting (honestly I don't understand some of the terms too but just have a learn other people setting at forum and try an error myself to something suitable for myself.

Now I am able to group all old devices 2.4G into 1 band while I am able to distribute 5Ghz devices into 2 different band. Still trying the setting of not DC when 5Ghz drop down to 2.4Ghz.

Well , up to individual choice.

Honestly as I playing the setting - I honestly think that it might not happen the magic that able to come out with a situation that suitable for all buyer. The router have to be real intelligent ....
Old 04-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #97
High Supremacy Member

This is my current rule which so far the best .

Super likes this.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:08 PM   #98
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, ASUS eCustomer Service Center

Pencil drawing

Best regard,
JK

For warranty information and repair status:
Click here to enquire

To purchase laptop or zenfone adapter/battery/accessories:
Click here to check the pricing and availability

Other general enquiries or feedback:
Email: marketing_sg@asus.com

*Response may take up to 2-4 working days. Please be patient.

For technical assistance, please contact +65 66369163 Operation hours: Mon~Fri 9:30am - 5:30pm, Extended hours on Wed 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Sat 09:30am - 12.30pm, Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.

Ensure that you have the product in front of you and that it is turned on, if feasible. In addition, please ensure that you have the following information available: Serial Number (E.g: F5N0BC022939214) Model Number (E.g: UX303LN) Problem encountered

Join ASUS Facebook
Subscribe to ASUS Youtube

Last edited by ASUS@SG; 04-04-2015 at 05:11 PM..
ASUS@SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #99
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hope Asus will fix the default Smart Connect settings when releasing a new firmware along with the Singtel updates soon.
guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #100
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just found out we can rename the mac address to the actual name of the device so we can identify the device by the given name instead of mac addresses.

Just click on the icon of the device under Client Status. You can also change the icons to fit the device, it has icons for Windows, IOS, IP Cam, PS4 and Xbox.
guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #101
Supremacy Member

i suppose the 6 antennas can be screwed in any of the 6 places? i saw a piece of instruction paper that said antenna 1 must be screwed into the assigned place that labelled number 1 on the back of the router and so on for the rest of the antenna

i do not see any number on the antennas nor any number on the back of the router.. so i suppose that piece of instruction paper can be ignore?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

i suppose the 6 antennas can be screwed in any of the 6 places? i saw a piece of instruction paper that said antenna 1 must be screwed into the assigned place that labelled number 1 on the back of the router and so on for the rest of the antenna

i do not see any number on the antennas nor any number on the back of the router.. so i suppose that piece of instruction paper can be ignore?
Yes lah just fix any manner will do
kennyg1969 likes this.
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #103

This is my current rule which so far the best .

This looks cool though for a techie nerds like us, but this is too much for an average customer. I guess they belong to the bigger pie of the wifi consumer market. ASUS did really messed up their Smart Wifi implementation. Well Netgear did have the same issues when they launched their AC3200, intermittent connection issues. Expect that Asus engineers may somehow working to correct this soon. For now, if you are planning to splurge your cash on an AC3200 router and cannot wait for Asus, you always have other options like Linksys EA9200 or the new Dlink. :-)
speed_0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #104
High Supremacy Member

This looks cool though for a techie nerds like us, but this is too much for an average customer. I guess they belong to the bigger pie of the wifi consumer market. ASUS did really messed up their Smart Wifi implementation. Well Netgear did have the same issues when they launched their AC3200, intermittent connection issues. Expect that Asus engineers may somehow working to correct this soon. For now, if you are planning to splurge your cash on an AC3200 router and cannot wait for Asus, you always have other options like Linksys EA9200 or the new Dlink. :-)
Try his setting too....

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asu...-3#post-176760
Old 08-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #105
High Supremacy Member

My phone DC issue getting stable down ...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.