[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC66U Dark Knight Rises

Ferderico

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite sad to mention this, but this router is probably the worst router i ever used. To spend close to 3 times more than an average router, it performs 1/3 of an average router.

I am no IT savvy esp in networking. But for a simple task of being a router for my internet access, I kept getting lost connection.

The problem area was narrowed down to the router rather than the modem which Starhub provides.

big sigh~

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite sad to mention this, but this router is probably the worst router i ever used. To spend close to 3 times more than an average router, it performs 1/3 of an average router.

I am no IT savvy esp in networking. But for a simple task of being a router for my internet access, I kept getting lost connection.

The problem area was narrowed down to the router rather than the modem which Starhub provides.

big sigh~

how does this router under-perform?

So far, its the best i ever had..

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone share their 2.4ghz professional settings with me?

Have u try InSSIDer to see which channel in your house is congested?
This router is one of the best consumer router, try updating the firmware of the router and your wireless driver. 2.4GHz congestion and interference also will cause u to disconnect.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

big sigh~

Using this router for 2 weeks liao... so far no disconnects at all lea... seems to be a perfect router for me lea

s330063

Reaction score

big sigh~

I have been using this for 2 weeks, so far no disconnection. Is it the network reception is not good?

ykeen

Reaction score

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leaked news info point to the srp stands at 18% higher than the initial AC66U launch srp.

Which is at the moment, I feel that is fairly priced.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leaked news info point to the srp stands at 18% higher than the initial AC66U launch srp.

Which is at the moment, I feel that is fairly priced.

then it will force consumers to opt for AC66U instead...

MRbeanie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there any new firmware from Asus for this?

Or should i use a modded firmware. Please advice

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been having some problems. My 5GHz connection always DC. And when I use my phone to connect to 5GHz, it says Authentication Error? I have to off and on and my router and ONT for it to be resolved.

It does not occur on my 2.4GHz. Any help?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
I have been having some problems. My 5GHz connection always DC. And when I use my phone to connect to 5GHz, it says Authentication Error? I have to off and on and my router and ONT for it to be resolved.

It does not occur on my 2.4GHz. Any help?

What mobile phone are you using?

Router firmware:

2.4Ghz & 5Ghz settings:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What mobile phone are you using?

Router firmware:

2.4Ghz & 5Ghz settings:

Using Samsung Note 2 and iPad 3rd Gen

9fzhic.png

10f6ohc.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.