Like Tree652Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #271
Master Member

asus booth don't have stock. arrrr....
jastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #272

so fast OOS? did you check the main Asus store at somewhere in center of lvl 4?
SimonLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #273
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lol. Ard 830pm i saw they have a display bnib at the shelf. Note that the certain asus store at lvl 4 is operated by challenger and courts. Avertek staffs are there too..

Lvl 6 cybermind also got stock at 845pm. Lol
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:35 PM   #274
Master Member

Lol. Ard 830pm i saw they have a display bnib at the shelf. Note that the certain asus store at lvl 4 is operated by challenger and courts. Avertek staffs are there too..

Lvl 6 cybermind also got stock at 845pm. Lol
If any peeps that are really are serious in getting, please don't wait until last day of COMEX close shop time then go chiong down to try your luck and realised it's OOS ... please plan your timing

Last edited by maylyn; 30-08-2014 at 11:39 PM..
maylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #275

Try download the firmware again and flash.

Best regard,
JK
I tried to download and flash again but still can't work. However when i rollback to the previous firmware version, my macbook can detect the backup disk. Strange. May I check with you which format are u using for the time machine backup? NTFS or native mac format?
lawzhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #276
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, ASUS eCustomer Service Center

I tried to download and flash again but still can't work. However when i rollback to the previous firmware version, my macbook can detect the backup disk. Strange. May I check with you which format are u using for the time machine backup? NTFS or native mac format?
Dear Lawzhong,

MY WD passport using NTFS system format.

Best regard,
JK

For warranty information and repair status:
Click here to enquire

To purchase laptop or zenfone adapter/battery/accessories:
Click here to check the pricing and availability

Other general enquiries or feedback:
Email: marketing_sg@asus.com

*Response may take up to 2-4 working days. Please be patient.

For technical assistance, please contact +65 66369163 Operation hours: Mon~Fri 9:30am - 5:30pm, Extended hours on Wed 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Sat 09:30am - 12.30pm, Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.

Ensure that you have the product in front of you and that it is turned on, if feasible. In addition, please ensure that you have the following information available: Serial Number (E.g: F5N0BC022939214) Model Number (E.g: UX303LN) Problem encountered

Join ASUS Facebook
Subscribe to ASUS Youtube
ASUS@SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #277

Just got the asus Ac87u for 379! If you pay using DBS card at courts, there's a 20 dollar discount but must download the DBS shopper apps!
Btw guys, some help here. Just set up finish and everything is going fine. I would like to know any settings I should change so that Could enhance my security and performance? Other than the AI protection. And how to set up VPN? And anyone has idea how to do port forwarding for utorrent? Thanks much! Cheers!
evildoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 02:27 AM   #278

Just got the asus Ac87u for 379! If you pay using DBS card at courts, there's a 20 dollar discount but must download the DBS shopper apps!
Btw guys, some help here. Just set up finish and everything is going fine. I would like to know any settings I should change so that Could enhance my security and performance? Other than the AI protection. And how to set up VPN? And anyone has idea how to do port forwarding for utorrent? Thanks much! Cheers!
Dear evildoctor,

Let me list down the following question you have asked.

1. How to improve performance and security
Enable all AiProtect, Firewall and DoS protection.
You may input more than 8 digitals password for wireless to prevent others easily connect into your wireless connection.
Tweak your wireless 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz

2. How to enable VPN server
You need to enable DDNS client first before setting your VPN. Please make sure your internet service provider do not block VPN.

3. How to enable port forward for Bittorrent for my computer.
Enter 192.168.1.1 - Password& user name: admin/admin
WAN>WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding> Enable port forwarding
Select Famous Game List: Bittorrent
Under Local IP tab select your computer ip address and add local port 6881 then click on +
Apply. Done
Remember set your utorrent port to 6881

Best regard,
JK

Click here to enquire

For technical assistance, please contact +65 66369163 Operation hours: Mon~Fri 9:30am - 5:30pm, Extended hours on Wed 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Sat 09:30am - 12.30pm, Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.

Ensure that you have the product in front of you and that it is turned on, if feasible. In addition, please ensure that you have the following information available: Serial Number (E.g: F5N0BC022939214) Model Number (E.g: UX303LN) Problem encountered

Join ASUS Facebook
Old 31-08-2014, 02:45 AM   #279

Hi ASUS@SG / Maylyn or any gurus,

Currently the AC87U is in my study room and the wireless signal in my daughter's room is pretty weak. She's unable to stream videos to her tablet / mobile phone in her room.

Will it help if I were to install the EA-AC87 in her room when it's available so as to boost the wireless signal in her room?

Will the EA-AC87 be able to act as a wireless access point or do I still need to connect another router (I have a spare N66U) to one of it's LAN ports so that she can get strong wireless signal in her room?

Would appreciate any guidance as I've tried many options like powerline adapter, range extender, etc and the signal is still very weak. Laying LAN cable is not an option as it's too far away.

Some basic info: 200Mbps fibre, HDB 4-room.

Thanks.

Last edited by oric1; 31-08-2014 at 02:50 AM..
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 03:09 AM   #280

Dear evildoctor,

Let me list down the following question you have asked.

1. How to improve performance and security
Enable all AiProtect, Firewall and DoS protection.
You may input more than 8 digitals password for wireless to prevent others easily connect into your wireless connection.
Tweak your wireless 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz

Best regard,
JK
Hi ASUS@SG,

Do you have any issues when you turned on your Adaptive QoS and AiProtection?

I only turned on my Adaptive QoS but not the AiProtection cos this guy in SNB got locked up when he turned on both even on the latest 2678 firmware.

SmallNetBuilder Forums - View Single Post - ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #281

Turn off adaptive QoS if you are using fibre plan >100mbps. I had router lockup once when turn on AIProtection on 2678 but still monitoring.

Could be some bugs
SimonLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #282

Hi ASUS@SG / Maylyn or any gurus,

Currently the AC87U is in my study room and the wireless signal in my daughter's room is pretty weak. She's unable to stream videos to her tablet / mobile phone in her room.

Will it help if I were to install the EA-AC87 in her room when it's available so as to boost the wireless signal in her room?

Will the EA-AC87 be able to act as a wireless access point or do I still need to connect another router (I have a spare N66U) to one of it's LAN ports so that she can get strong wireless signal in her room?

Would appreciate any guidance as I've tried many options like powerline adapter, range extender, etc and the signal is still very weak. Laying LAN cable is not an option as it's too far away.

Some basic info: 200Mbps fibre, HDB 4-room.

Thanks.
Dear oric1,

May i know your daughter's device connect to RT-AC87U by 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

I would advise you don't waste your money. Why don't use RT-N66U act as a repeater?

Wireless <---->Wireless
RT-AC87U ---------RT-N66U ------- Daughter's devices

Best regard,
JK

Click here to enquire

Join ASUS Facebook
Old 31-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #283

Hi ASUS@SG,

Do you have any issues when you turned on your Adaptive QoS and AiProtection?

I only turned on my Adaptive QoS but not the AiProtection cos this guy in SNB got locked up when he turned on both even on the latest 2678 firmware.

SmallNetBuilder Forums - View Single Post - ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases
Dear oric1,

As what SimonLam said, turn off QoS and i advise you to turn on AIProtection.

I always switch on AIProtection and so far didn't encounter any issue.

If you guys have issue with AIProtection, please let feedback to me and provide me details.

Best regard,
JK

Click here to enquire

Join ASUS Facebook
Old 31-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #284
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi. last night finally done with the setup and wiring of my 2 x AC87.

The media bridge is not so strong for me. getting link speed of ard 780mbps only. But still much faster then my old setup using powerline.

As my room wireless signal is still not strong. I got one prolink WNR1004 small travel router to act as wireless AP connecting to one of the AC87 media bridge lan port.

But how come some device is unable to connect to it? as in its connected but alway having problem getting IP address for the unit and after that it DC.

I tried on my old setup with an old belkin router set as AP connected from my aztech powerline lan and previously all no issue.

I tried on the old belkin router connected tot he media bridge unit lan. having the same problem unable to obtain ip address and then dc.

bug in ac87 or wat setting i need to do?

thank you.
cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #285
Master Member

finally got mine
SimonLam likes this.
jastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.