HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC87U

Like Tree652Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2014, 05:11 AM   #1081

Disabling NAT acceleration solved my issues, no thanks to ASUS support.
Old 29-12-2014, 06:12 AM   #1082

Dear ankhazam,

I won't recommend you restore your setting file from older firmware.

Why don't screenshot all the configure settings?

Some code or settings will be change during firmware update, unless you are restore setting from same version of firmware.

Best regard,
JK

Dear JK,
thanks for your response but I doubt this router is so elaborate that it will be able to parse dozens of entries (e.g. DHCP, port forwarding, MAC filtering) just from screenshots. Not to mention that I find it a hassle to screenshot so many configuration tabs.

In a situation where importing previous settings is not recommended I can see two solutions/workarounds:
1) Please provide a tool which would decompress and convert the downloaded settings into a human readable form -> e.g. a csv/txt properties file. This would be a major advantage over having to make multiple screenshots

2) Please improve the settings import mechanism in the router itself so that it imports only relevant entries and let say shows a log which entries need to be manually input due to incompatible changes.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Ankhazam
Old 29-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #1083

Those having bootloop issue may want to give Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out - SmallNetBuilder Forums a try.

I'm currently using RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_376.49_4 without any "kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address" issue.
I tried this release to no avail. Strange thing is I didn't see the above log items but the LED was flashing very fast and I could not connect to my AP anymore. After a reboot it didn't show the usual entries in the log, but the problem with the slow lan is still the same.
arachnida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #1084
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've fallen back to 3562. 3754 is too buggy..

wifi 5ghz performance on 3562 is far more stable than 3754..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #1085
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, ASUS eCustomer Service Center

I've fallen back to 3562. 3754 is too buggy..

wifi 5ghz performance on 3562 is far more stable than 3754..
Dear renfred89,

What kind of issue did you encounter?

We are working on solving VLAN loop.

Best regard,
JK

For warranty information and repair status:
Click here to enquire

To purchase laptop or zenfone adapter/battery/accessories:
Click here to check the pricing and availability

Other general enquiries or feedback:
Email: marketing_sg@asus.com

*Response may take up to 2-4 working days. Please be patient.

For technical assistance, please contact +65 66369163 Operation hours: Mon~Fri 9:30am - 5:30pm, Extended hours on Wed 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Sat 09:30am - 12.30pm, Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday.

Ensure that you have the product in front of you and that it is turned on, if feasible. In addition, please ensure that you have the following information available: Serial Number (E.g: F5N0BC022939214) Model Number (E.g: UX303LN) Problem encountered

Join ASUS Facebook
Subscribe to ASUS Youtube
ASUS@SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #1086
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dear renfred89,

What kind of issue did you encounter?

We are working on solving VLAN loop.

Best regard,
JK
I face intermittent wifi no connectivity issue on my android devices as well as my lg smart tv. They are connected but there's no internet connectivity. Nothing works but to reboot the router and it happens anytime.
Old 29-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #1087

I tried this release to no avail. Strange thing is I didn't see the above log items but the LED was flashing very fast and I could not connect to my AP anymore. After a reboot it didn't show the usual entries in the log, but the problem with the slow lan is still the same.
Perhaps you want to try disabling the NAT acceleration suggested by abfackeln's post above.
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #1088

1) Aztech 7003
2) Singtel 300 or 500 (can't remember but it's the 2nd fastest)
3) yup using different channels
4) connected via lan cables and a switch

Didn't have a problem previously. Only when I switched to the new router. So I doubt it's an overall setup issue. Thx.
Does your plan come with the home digital line?

I am not sure how singtel one works but if it's the same as starhub (which i am using), i get digital voice from the modem by plugging in the phone wire to the modem. I am on broadband cable.

I have the asus rt ac68u and i constantly get dropped connections. I tried the disable NAT solution someone here mentioned yesterday and it worked overnight well without any dropped connection until this morning. Normally i would encounter dropped connection a couple of times an hour.
So i thought the solution worked but unfortunately it did not. So i got fed-up and switched back to my old linkysys / belkin router. No dropped connections at all.

I read somewhere in small net builders that people with voice services on their modem get frequent dropped connection with their asus routers.

So if anyone here is on broadband / fibre plan with digital voice and use asus routers, do you face encounter dropped connections frequently?
blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #1089

Hi All,

I have a problem here I Just got a new AC87U router. Tried to set it up for the first time. The moment i connect to cable from the Singtel ONT to the Router. The Internet or global logo turns red. I thought was the cable problem so i changed it and the same problem persist.I entered the admin page did a quick set up. But the Router cant detect my DHCP Settings.

Previously i was using AC 56U it works pefectly. No issue. I am on singtel fibre. what could be the problem.?
thenotveryfunnyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #1090

I'm on MR 1Gbps Plan.
If I were to disable NAT, speed test DL wont exceed 390Mbps and UL is average at 400Mbps.
Leaving it on NAT Auto will achieve max DL 949Mbps and UL at 475Mbps.
I wont want to sacrifice the bandwidth I'm paying for thou.
ahduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #1091

Hi All,

I have a problem here I Just got a new AC87U router. Tried to set it up for the first time. The moment i connect to cable from the Singtel ONT to the Router. The Internet or global logo turns red. I thought was the cable problem so i changed it and the same problem persist.I entered the admin page did a quick set up. But the Router cant detect my DHCP Settings.

Previously i was using AC 56U it works pefectly. No issue. I am on singtel fibre. what could be the problem.?
I have the same problem as you when I first setup this router.
Just a note, this router required more time to initialize as compare to my previous Asus router.
What I did was after no of tried still see red right (Internet), I perform a factory reset and turn off both the ONT and router and waited quite some time (can't recall, more than 15 mins) and turn on ONT follow by the router (wait till ONT to complete initialize). And redo the setup again.
I'm on Singtel too..
jovially is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #1092

I have the same problem as you when I first setup this router.
Just a note, this router required more time to initialize as compare to my previous Asus router.
What I did was after no of tried still see red right (Internet), I perform a factory reset and turn off both the ONT and router and waited quite some time (can't recall, more than 15 mins) and turn on ONT follow by the router (wait till ONT to complete initialize). And redo the setup again.
I'm on Singtel too..

It will work?
Old 29-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #1093

I ttied. But it does not work. Sighs.
Old 30-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #1094
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

Are u using the unlimited fibre?

Have u tried to turn off ur ont before switching on ur router?
Old 30-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #1095
High Supremacy Member

Does your plan come with the home digital line?

I am not sure how singtel one works but if it's the same as starhub (which i am using), i get digital voice from the modem by plugging in the phone wire to the modem. I am on broadband cable.

I have the asus rt ac68u and i constantly get dropped connections. I tried the disable NAT solution someone here mentioned yesterday and it worked overnight well without any dropped connection until this morning. Normally i would encounter dropped connection a couple of times an hour.
So i thought the solution worked but unfortunately it did not. So i got fed-up and switched back to my old linkysys / belkin router. No dropped connections at all.

I read somewhere in small net builders that people with voice services on their modem get frequent dropped connection with their asus routers.

So if anyone here is on broadband / fibre plan with digital voice and use asus routers, do you face encounter dropped connections frequently?
I had DV with cable modem (Moto SBV) last time and my N56U was solid, no d/c. Now with fibre, using AC68U, with DV on ONT, also rock solid.
What firmware version are you running on your AC68U?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.