[Maylyn's Review - Networking] - ASUS USB-AC68

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought this. Got a wall and 3m apart and I can get 700mbps Speedtest

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did a comparison on speedtest same server, I have both Ac68 USB and AC56 USB. I am using starhub but speedtest is done using singtel server. I am 10 metres away from the router I can get 270+ MBPs on AC68 USB, 130+ MBPs on AC56.

acess 1

Reaction score
Would this works with USB 2.0 ? My current rig is a old timer no 3.0 usb port available. Is the usb 3.0 on this adapter backwards compatible with 2.0 ?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought this adapter a few days back to replace my ageing tp link archer t4u adapter. and recently also recontracted from singtel 500mbps to 1gbps..

current setup is the free singtel ac1900 router + this usb-ac68 adapter. router in the living room and adapter in my room about 10 metres apart with 1 door/wall separating.

6028948267.png

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
bought this adapter a few days back to replace my ageing tp link archer t4u adapter. and recently also recontracted from singtel 500mbps to 1gbps..

current setup is the free singtel ac1900 router + this usb-ac68 adapter. router in the living room and adapter in my room about 10 metres apart with 1 door/wall separating.

6028948267.png

got similar results with 500mbps plan too

Last edited:

Archuke

Master Member
Reaction score
just bought this recently. keeps rebooting every 15-20minutes even though is just a 1 second thing, its super irritating. any1 know how to fix this issue?

im on windows 10 pro 64 bit. already set wifi not to off when computer is sleeping and etc.

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
just bought this recently. keeps rebooting every 15-20minutes even though is just a 1 second thing, its super irritating. any1 know how to fix this issue?

im on windows 10 pro 64 bit. already set wifi not to off when computer is sleeping and etc.

i used to get that too but after installing newest driver, it disappeared.

recently mine gives a bsod and the responsible driver is rtwlanu.sys. I have already informed their technical support team and they're are still looking into it. win10 home 64bit here

Last edited:

mwwk

Reaction score
i used to get that too but after installing newest driver, it disappeared.

recently mine gives a bsod and the responsible driver is rtwlanu.sys. I have already informed their technical support team and they're are still looking into it. win10 home 64bit here

Yes, I got this BSOD too yesterday. Using Windows 10 Pro Creator Update though. Same issue with the rtwlanu.sys. Speed is super slow now, DL or UL is around 40 mbps.

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
Yes, I got this BSOD too yesterday. Using Windows 10 Pro Creator Update though. Same issue with the rtwlanu.sys. Speed is super slow now, DL or UL is around 40 mbps.

I have previously went down to exchange my adapter for a new one but it's still giving the same problem.

I'm getting roughly same speed as you for 5ghz. I can get ~60mbps on 2.4ghz.

I've sent my rma-ed adapter back to avertek and was told that they will test it for a week. I will continue to update once I have a reply from them.

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
got an email from them saying that they didnt ecounter any BSOD nor any slowdown in speed after a week of testing.

siaoliaolor, have to go there and bring home but cannot use. no idea what's wrong with both my pc and laptop. reset liao still kena BSOD

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got an email from them saying that they didnt ecounter any BSOD nor any slowdown in speed after a week of testing.

siaoliaolor, have to go there and bring home but cannot use. no idea what's wrong with both my pc and laptop. reset liao still kena BSOD

Sometimes is the chipset uh, usually reformat then no more error liao. You want try Ma?

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
Sometimes is the chipset uh, usually reformat then no more error liao. You want try Ma?

i reformatted my laptop today, cleaning up the desktop before i reformat it. hopefully it does the job. will prolly go and collect it this week to test out. otherwise i may consider selling it lol.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i reformatted my laptop today, cleaning up the desktop before i reformat it. hopefully it does the job. will prolly go and collect it this week to test out. otherwise i may consider selling it lol.

You sell and buy other brand may have same problem as some also use same chipset hahaha. Should be ok after reformat.

mwwk

Reaction score
I have pluged in the adapter to another laptop with Windows 10 Pro CU and it have the same BSOD with the same driver issue too

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.