HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[NEWS] Singtel to shut down ageing ADSL network in April 2018

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #241
Arch-Supremacy Member

Either you terminate singtel tv, or you accept their proposal to run over fibre.

Both networks cannot be sharing the same smart switch, and there is no technical basis to do so. Since singtel tv is running by onr, the set top box goes straight to onr and there’s no way you can combine 2 different networks into one smart switch..

I am one of the guys affected as well. I was on miotv under adsl just for Mio TV. I have been with viewqwest for years. Now I have a problem, My fibre point is at my raiser. The Miotv box is in my living and is currently conneted via a ADSL modem to the phone line there. There is a ethernet port there where a ethernet switch is located to connect some of my device like Hifi box and printer and TV to the raiser where the viewqwest router/modem seat.

So I understand that the new Fibre MioTV will have a modem which will use port 2 from the ONT at my raiser. Then I will need a ethernet cable direct to the MioTV box at the living room. I do not want to run any surface trunking as it is going to be ugly. What are my options? I understand that I can put a smart managed switch at both the living room and raiser and connect both the Viewqest router and the new Singtel router ONR to the switch and it would work?

Really confused right now.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #242

Hi guys due to delay in setting up fibre network at my home, I won't be able to access fibre network until 1-2months from now. I will need to source for temporarily Internet until then.

Was thinking about starhub cable broadband 100mbps 19.90 no contract. Any alternatives or is this the best solution for now?
sp0inK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #243

For pt 3, does tat mean there isn't a need to transfer of ownership for home analogue line if my adsl plan is under my name but home line isn't when migrating to fibre?
I'm asked to transfer home line from my dad to me by cso although am keeping the analogue line. Her reason is easier to group everything under me & since I can do it over the phone, I just do it.
kw442 likes this.
suuhhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #244
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys due to delay in setting up fibre network at my home, I won't be able to access fibre network until 1-2months from now. I will need to source for temporarily Internet until then.

Was thinking about starhub cable broadband 100mbps 19.90 no contract. Any alternatives or is this the best solution for now?
StarHub cable is good for temporary internet, plug and play and fuss free
Old 14-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #245

Are u with adsl now? I think you should still be able to continue using adsl until the date of successful fibre installation if you've already sign up Singtel fibre plan.
refer to this post (Q3 ans)

Better check with Singtel before u sign up starhub.

Last edited by suuhhc; 14-03-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Old 14-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #246

I'm asked to transfer home line from my dad to me by cso although am keeping the analogue line. Her reason is easier to group everything under me & since I can do it over the phone, I just do it.
u transferred ownership after migration from adsl to fibre?

any transfer charges incurred?
CareBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #247
Master Member

Should be waived most probably for transfer since you're negotiating for recontract with them.
Had to transfer ownership of line to me when I recontract fiber the last time.
whatheheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 06:30 PM   #248

u transferred ownership after migration from adsl to fibre?

any transfer charges incurred?
Transferred when I call to sign up fibre from adsl. Didn't mention got any charge.
Old 14-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #249

Local ADSL how many mbps?
twentytwoeighty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #250

my cousin did.... waiver of $30 for quarterly subscription, outgoing usage chargeable... i'm waiting for IT show to migrate....
Must make request to waive the $30 or it will be automatically waived once switched over to fiber?
TheHeist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #251

Hi ttttt12345,

Ans: The fibre plan will take effective from the date of installation. Hence we strongly recommend you to sign up before the communicated closure date. The ADSL will be cease on the communicated closure date if you do not take any action. However in the event if you sign up a fibre plan with Singtel, the ADSL service will continue until the date of successful fibre installation.
Hi Singtel,

If my communicated ADSL closure date in the letter is 1st Apr and I changed my fiber installation from 17 March to 15 Apr, can I still have a working ADSL till 15 Apr?
TheHeist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #252
High Supremacy Member

Just called the migration hotline(62217177), was informed that the 300Mbps at $29.90 is now upgraded to 500Mbps @ $29.90 w.e.f 15 March 2018.

The only thing I'm not sure is when will the promo end..
Old 16-03-2018, 10:38 PM   #253

Must make request to waive the $30 or it will be automatically waived once switched over to fiber?
sales told him it'll be waived cause bundled with fibre w/o digital line...

Just called the migration hotline(62217177), was informed that the 300Mbps at $29.90 is now upgraded to 500Mbps @ $29.90 w.e.f 15 March 2018.

The only thing I'm not sure is when will the promo end..
Confirmed 500mbs at $29.90 at hello shop...

staff can't complete the txn cause my home line isn't under my name yet & the interface on his screen made him go office to ask his colleagues...

said by right recent adsl plans have to be tied with home line under 1 name... so nid to go back with my dad's ic + authorisation letter to do transfer of ownership then wait for 1-2 work day to do the migration....

added tat can't transfer ownership over the hotline as it's a must to be processed at hello shop...
amazingone likes this.
CareBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 10:53 PM   #254
High Supremacy Member

sales told him it'll be waived cause bundled with fibre w/o digital line...

Confirmed 500mbs at $29.90 at hello shop...

staff can't complete the txn cause my home line isn't under my name yet & the interface on his screen made him go office to ask his colleagues...

said by right recent adsl plans have to be tied with home line under 1 name... so nid to go back with my dad's ic + authorisation letter to do transfer of ownership then wait for 1-2 work day to do the migration....

added tat can't transfer ownership over the hotline as it's a must to be processed at hello shop...
Just now I asked the CSO over the hotline if can get the same 500Mbps offer at hello shops or not, they say they not sure.. Lucky you confirm can do at hello shops, because my father prefer doing it face-to-face.

I hope the 500Mbps will stay, even after the IT Show period because this weekend not free to do the migration and 500Mbps is a sweet spot for speed.

The CSO also say I can also retain my current Singtel TV package I have with my mio Home package at a lower price then the current offered TV packages.
Old 16-03-2018, 11:11 PM   #255
Master Member

If wanna terminate the ADSL, call what number?
ChinTuaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.