[Official] Aztech FG7008GR(AC) AC2400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router

logicet

Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2015_04_03_at_9_55_30_am.png

what do you mean by bricked?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

orh.... i know you have done a reset, but may i suggest you do another reset by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds?

Usually it should work. If not, you can refresh the firmware again.

What I encountered with 011 firmware is that, my 5Ghz will broadcast at 20Mhz channel bandwidth, and I can't get it to broadcast 80Mhz.

I am still trying to resolve with aztech on this issue...

logicet

Reaction score
Renfred, thanks for the advice but i tried your suggestion but didn't work.

Resetting it should restore it to my original firmware of 007 but it stays as 011 and the previous 5 ghz profile that i have is actually still present when i scan for wifi which is weird.

Still getting the same error though.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renfred, thanks for the advice but i tried your suggestion but didn't work.

Resetting it should restore it to my original firmware of 007 but it stays as 011 and the previous 5 ghz profile that i have is actually still present when i scan for wifi which is weird.

Still getting the same error though.

Resetting it will not downgrade your firmware. Moreover, resetting it should return your router to factory settings...

You must have done it wrongly, or the router you have is fried.. Hahas nvm, tml service centre is opening at 9am to 1pm..

logicet

Reaction score
Anyway the previous 5 ghz profile that I have, i can still connect to it with internet active. The led on the 5 ghz is green but on the admin page it just shows that the 5 ghz is having an error.

Fyi for anyone who is gonna get this router, their saturday CS do not pick up their calls at all. frustrating.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway the previous 5 ghz profile that I have, i can still connect to it with internet active. The led on the 5 ghz is green but on the admin page it just shows that the 5 ghz is having an error.

Fyi for anyone who is gonna get this router, their saturday CS do not pick up their calls at all. frustrating.

thats because there is only 1, pathetically 1 CSO manning the phone for the whole singapore. :D:D

Yay, i got my 5Ghz back on 80Mhz.. haha

Anyway, they closed at 1pm..

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated post #1 with tested compatibility with singtel 200/300/500mbps fibre home bundle, supporting singtel tv as well.

No user required configuration for it to work, just plug and play.

Refer to post #1 for details....

logicet

Reaction score
Updated post #1 with tested compatibility with singtel 200/300/500mbps fibre home bundle, supporting singtel tv as well.

No user required configuration for it to work, just plug and play.

Refer to post #1 for details....

Hi renfred, just want to check if you're using the 1 gbps plan and if you have any intermittent connection drops on your iOS devices?

Any problems in general when you use this router? I'll be gg down to the service centre to have imine looked at and if still not able to work, gonna chuck it down the chute and get a linksys or asus

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi renfred, just want to check if you're using the 1 gbps plan and if you have any intermittent connection drops on your iOS devices?

Any problems in general when you use this router? I'll be gg down to the service centre to have imine looked at and if still not able to work, gonna chuck it down the chute and get a linksys or asus

yes disconnection issues exist for iOS devices and my note 4 too... its far worse than my ac87u.

yes i used it for 1gbps testing, then now it is holding on to my 200mbps singtel fibre.

i suggest you don't exchange a router with them unless its really faulty. cos they will circulate those RMA-ed units and exchange for you. I kinda regret when i RMA my unit for a used unit. got scratches some more. argh!

logicet

Reaction score
Yea probably i will just get them to fix my firmware and get my own unit back.

Did they mention anything about resolving the intermittent issue? I know 2.4 ghz is fine but only 5 ghz have such problems.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea probably i will just get them to fix my firmware and get my own unit back.

Did they mention anything about resolving the intermittent issue? I know 2.4 ghz is fine but only 5 ghz have such problems.

nope they didn't... and they proudly claim the issue has been rectified..

logicet

Reaction score
Alright. I will probably feedback to them tomorrow when I head down!

logicet

Reaction score
Got my router swapped for another one. So far so good and will be able to know if the iOS devices intermittent connection is there after a few days!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my router swapped for another one. So far so good and will be able to know if the iOS devices intermittent connection is there after a few days!

so how? they give u an old one right?

logicet

Reaction score
Any settings to change to improve the speed from default settings?

gundam08

Reaction score
I did a many times reset since Jan until now. Even I had update the firmware released on 16 Mar, but I still unable to connect internet every time I turn on the terminal n this router. I had changed the new unit thru singtel shop in the 3rd day started to use 1gbs fibre. V disappointed n
aztech will be out of my product selection.

Last edited:

BadServiceCorbell

Reaction score
This router is a nightmare

I got random dc almost every night when i play games, sometimes 2~3 times in one night, damn frustrating. My previous $20+ linksys router didn't have this kind problem at all, though it's slower...
Anyone got the same issue or knows how to fix it? It is not about 2.4G or 5G...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got random dc almost every night when i play games, sometimes 2~3 times in one night, damn frustrating. My previous $20+ linksys router didn't have this kind problem at all, though it's slower...
Anyone got the same issue or knows how to fix it? It is not about 2.4G or 5G...

Lol what do u mean sia..

I have no problems using it except on 5ghz it will dc when my phone is asleep.

No dc problem on 5 or 2.4ghz wifi..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.