[renewal or shift to a new hosting] current godaddy

Siyu

Reaction score
Hi all,

My domain and hosting has been with godaddy for 3 years. Last year after using renewal coupons total is around USD 58

This year it jump to 78 (after renewal codes).

Any recommendations what i should?

renew (any good ways to get cheaper or which sites offer the codes)?

Shift - any recommendations on which host is good? and guides?

i am a ecommerce .com site. only selling 6 products so currently only use linux economy hosting plan in godaddy.

TIA! :s12::s12::s12:

vcrpex

Reaction score
yup it is increasing. my domains are still with godaddy, but i switch to hostgator webhosting instead. i had alot of issues with godaddy email servers tats y i make the switch.

upgrade

Reaction score
You may want to check out VPS Singapore | Dedicated Server | Shared Hosting | Web Hosting | Email Hosting | VPS Windows Hosting | Dedicated Server | Colocation. Local hosting company hosted on M1 data centre. Started by Aidi Sim, who was with QALA (bought over renamed to M1 Connect).

Hosting start at S$4/month for 2 yr plan, S$5/month for 1 yr plan. One free .com/.net/.org domain name for as long as you host with them. They pay your domain renewal. However, since your existing domain is registered with GoDaddy, you have to ask SparkStation how to go about if you do decide.

Edit to add:
I am not sure the free domain name is registered under their name or yours. I registered mine under my name in 2001 for 10 years and renewed for another 10 years so I did not ask for the free domain.

Last edited:

Siyu

Reaction score
Thanks i have just emailed sparkstation.

Looks cheap only 60/year in SGD and free domain. Are there any feedbacks about this company? my site is relatively 'light' so i hope no downtime, etc.

Any other comments/suggestions are welcomed!

ykeen

Reaction score
Thanks i have just emailed sparkstation.

Looks cheap only 60/year in SGD and free domain. Are there any feedbacks about this company? my site is relatively 'light' so i hope no downtime, etc.

Any other comments/suggestions are welcomed!

Can also consider hosting on aws. First yr free on micro instance :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.